Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Whatever about maps and auto balancers, i wanna know 1 thing and 1 thing only where is my free beer.......

Also can we change the "X took Y from behind" to something like 'X sodomised Y' Or 'X took advantage of Y's innocence' or something else I dont think I can take ancapill or overlord from behind any more :p

bwhahahaha ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Leinster7 wrote: »
    Metro Conquest - 64 player is the most popular as its a stat-padding/levelling up map. imo, extremely unskilled and quite boring at times.

The most popular competitive maps are actually the City Rush maps and Grand Bazaar on conquest. BF3 stats has some good info ;)

If everyone wants a 32 or 48 player Metro Conquest only server then hey... we'll provide..

x

Never said 64 or anything about stat padding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Whatever about maps and auto balancers, i wanna know 1 thing and 1 thing only where is my free beer.......

Also can we change the "X took Y from behind" to something like 'X sodomised Y' Or 'X took advantage of Y's innocence' or something else I dont think I can take ancapill or overlord from behind any more :p
    When I said you needed a microscope the other night I didn't know how wrong I was.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

map vote is good and bad . I like peak rush as much as the next but voted in 3times in under an hour the last nite was a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Have to agree with joeface/lycan vote map is good but the map you are currently on shouldn't be in the vote also I dunno if its possible to determine if the map you are voting is rush or conquest.

The auto balancer on the other hand now there is something i got shafted by the other night i was on the winning team on a game of rush on peak ( set a good few mcoms myself) then all of a sudden I was switched to the defenders just after setting the last mcom wtf could of been an admin but i doubt that tbh.
    Then next game of conquest on seine crossing on the dominant team then switched to loosing team with only a handful of tickets left :mad:

Some servers have a plugin that doesn't allow switching to the winning team maybe if cost and ease arent too much of an issue this could be added so people dont stat pad. Plus if a player does try to switched they are named and shamed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

yeah balancer seems to be a bit random . Usually its suppose to move the last joined.what happened to that. any way must get a few rounds in tonite if people are game.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Hmmm, i had set the balancer to not allow you to switch with 30 tickets left. Also it should only switch you if you are the last joiner and the teams are 15-13 for example and this is done within 30seconds of joining.

On the map vote, you should not be able to vote for the current map.

edit: I've now made changes , so should be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Leinster7 wrote: »
    Hmmm, i had set the balancer to not allow you to switch with 30 tickets left. Also it should only switch you if you are the last joiner and the teams are 15-13 for example and this is done within 30seconds of joining.

On the map vote, you should not be able to vote for the current map.

edit: I've now made changes , so should be sorted

good stuff..now just get your ass on so I can nab your tags..;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm wondering how much game time the second server has got. I've never seen anybody on and I miss the odd CQ round.

delly wrote: »
    I'm wondering how much game time the second server has got. I've never seen anybody on and I miss the odd CQ round.

will try and get it populated either tonight or tomorrow night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Maps have changed again slightly with Firestorm (small conquest) replacing Gulf of Oman, due to popular demand. Gulf Of Oman still there for Rush.

List is here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-Rush-Conquest-Free-Beer/

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Well, has craggy died a death since the changes?
    I haven't played on it in a while and it always seems to be empty.

yeah we need to relook at the maps and sort them out although BF3 has taken a drop in popularity due to the Arma mod Day-Z which seems to have a lot of the normal regulars playing it..trying it out myself as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

I might give it a go myself, if steam sale is nice to me.
    Still seems to be a fair few regulars that could populate the server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played some BF last night for the first time in a while. DayZ is the reason im away too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PogueMahone365

I thought, when I saw the title of this thread, it was going to be some kind of petition for a Craggy Island map to be added on an upcoming DLC.

How disappointed I was.

How cool would it be to C4 the crap out of the Parochial House, or drive a tank through John & Mary's shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I thought, when I saw the title of this thread, it was going to be some kind of petition for a Craggy Island map to be added on an upcoming DLC.

How disappointed I was.

How cool would it be to C4 the crap out of the Parochial House, or drive a tank through John & Mary's shop?

have a big "beast" howl every now and again, sheep running away from it.

Random shots ringing out from a building with an "I shot JR" tshirt hanging from the washing line.

it would be a no fupping swearing map too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

How cool would it be to C4 the crap out of the Parochial House
    You couldn't, all you'd hear coming from the house would be a loud "FECK!" from Father Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Decryptor wrote: »
    You couldn't, all you'd hear coming from the house would be a loud "FECK!" from Father Jack.

Or "Hack" from Fr Fitt.

Lads seriously, this map NEEDS to happen.
    US Deployment could be from out near "the English boats dumping the old 'glow in the dark'", and Russian deployment could be from the rusting hulk on the beach.

• Advertisement

Lads seriously, this map NEEDS to happen.
    US Deployment could be from out near "the English boats dumping the old 'glow in the dark'", and Russian deployment could be from the rusting hulk on the beach.

if only BF3 allowed modding :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember talking to Patrick Liu at a press event and he said that the way Frostbite is built, they can't build modding tools for it as it would require huge amounts of work for them and any modder who wanted to try their hand.

Sounded like something of a cop-out to me, but what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Blazer wrote: »
    if only BF3 allowed modding :(

was any of the series mod friendly?

I know op flashpoint was but its no battlefield!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

danniemcq wrote: »
    was any of the series mod friendly?

I know op flashpoint was but its no battlefield!

Bloody hell there was. BF1942 had some fantastic mods, desert combat with a full fleet of ships and subs, loved the cruise missiles, bit like the tv missile now.

Bf2 stemmed from a 1942 mod. A few of us craggiers still play POE and Dcon mods for BF2 at lans every now and then. there was some great BF2 modded maps, there was a cracking wake island map with massive foilage in between points, so you weren't as much cannon fodder for heli's jets etc.

Imagine an Achievement titled "Another Mass?" where you have to get a kill in Fr. Dougal's Milk Float, or drive the DPV through the wall of boxes!

New Craggy TS server is as below.

eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

boards.ie day-z gamers welcome as well as some of us are playing it online as well.

Craggy Server now upgraded to 32 player.
    Will redo up a roster of maps with the classics and maybe one or two of the CQ maps if anyone's interested in playing them.

Double XP week..get your asses on Craggy and start racking up those stars :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

yes I am a stupid n00b for not looking a few posts up :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm on TS but ye have me muted, I'll play nice this time, promise

Advertisement