Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I find the problem with craggy is map sizes to people on server and to much playing the $hit maps.

Rush can work but needs to be the popular maps that every one likes.
    What maps do you think we should use...?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Id try a server list like this but remember this is just what id like lol.

Metro (Cq)
    Bazaar (Cq)
    Operation Firestorm (Cq)
    Damavand Peak (Rush)
    Caspian Border (Cq)
    Seine (Cq)
    Metro (Rush)
    Back to Karkand (Cq)
    Tehran Highway (Cq)
    Kharg Island (Cq)
    Bazaar (Rush)
    Seine Crossing (Cq)
    Damavand Peak (Cq)
    Back to Karkand (Rush)

Something like that :)

Ok I've created a short survey choice for people to choose what maps they'd like. That's probably the fairest way of doing it.

http://form.jotformeu.com/form/21253486056352

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Well, are the results of the vote in?
    Are the maps and game modes going to change?
    Will we attract more players to craggy?
    When will the game get popular again?
    Where have all you guys gone (TS is so lonely)?
    Will they ever fix the M26 dart?
    Does Mick Fitz ever die?
    Does Awesome have C4 @ home for practice?
    How did they build stonehenge?
    What is the meaning of life? (42)?

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Well, are the results of the vote in?
    Are the maps and game modes going to change?
    Will we attract more players to craggy?
    When will the game get popular again?
    Where have all you guys gone (TS is so lonely)?
    Will they ever fix the M26 dart?
    Does Mick Fitz ever die?
    Does Awesome have C4 @ home for practice?
    How did they build stonehenge?
    What is the meaning of life? (42)?
    I suppose they might as well be in at this stage, as most people should have voted by now.

These are the most popular maps and modes selected (in no order):
    • Bazaar - Conquest Large, Rush and TDM
    • Tehran - Conquest Large, TDM
    • Caspian - Conquest Large, Rush
    • Seine - Conquest Large, Rush, TDM
    • Firestorm - Conquest Large
    • Damavand - Conquest Large, Rush
    • Noshahr - Conquest Small, TDM
    • Kharg - Conquest Large, Rush
    • Metro - Conquest, Rush, TDM
    • Oman - Conquest Large
    • Karkand - Conquest Large, Rush
    • Sharqui - Conquest Large, Rush, TDM
    • Wake - Conquest Large

So what do ye think of these maps/modes? We'll mix up the modes a bit so obviously we're not playing 2 maps together, but I think there's a good range of stuff there.

I think we're gonna try softcore settings to see if it makes more people join. If we use normal settings (i.e. softcore), it'll come up in Battlelog for regular settings. At the moment it doesn't because we use third person vehicles off, regen health off etc - so these will probably turned on to see how it goes.

As regards the M26 - there is no way to auto-ban it at the moment as BF3 servers don't report weapon attachments. Only way to ban it is to have an admin online with a good eye and a thick neck. :D

• Advertisement

Lucky you have a thick neck so, don't actually care about the M26 as I haven't used it anyway.

Those maps & modes look fine to me, I just want to play on a full server.
    I know lots are against softcore settings but think if we want to come up on battlelog and get people playing on the server, it needs to be visible and have popular maps and modes.

Maybe a rush round every 2/3 conquests, but no attacking then defending on the same map twice in a row.

I don't think i have been on craggy that much lately as everytime I look into it the server is empty, it's no fun just C4'ing walls all the time. There seems to be loads of lads I join on different full servers, Dapper, Yolkface, Mr Fitt etc that are still playing regularly, if we all played craggy with default settings we could make it a full - in use server.

I don't think i have been on craggy that much lately as everytime I look into it the server is empty, it's no fun just C4'ing walls all the time. There seems to be loads of lads I join on different full servers, Dapper, Yolkface, Mr Fitt etc that are still playing regularly, if we all played craggy with default settings we could make it a full - in use server.
    That's exactly it.
    Maybe a rush round every 2/3 conquests, but no attacking then defending on the same map twice in a row.
    Missed this...so you think only one round of rush at a time?

Decryptor wrote: »

Missed this...so you think only one round of rush at a time?

For me, yeah.
    I hate doing the same map twice in a row on rush, albeit one as a defender/attacker.

Also gives the rush haters less to moan about. :cool:

Well, the map changes seemed to be a success and even got a few random punters to join. Hope I'm not speaking too soon.

We got good numbers and had some decent games, although Wake Island conquest was too big for 5 Vs 5 especially with the amount of armour & chopper whores. I'll mention no names but I do remember being chased round an aircraft hanger for about 3 mins by a tank when all I had to hurt him was my defib paddles.

Should be on tonight from 8, hope the numbers keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Rush is ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dermighty wrote: »
    Rush is ****!

ah Rush is great...makes a conquest from playing conquest aftrer conquest after conquest..

Well it looks like the map change and the normal softcore settings is bringing people in. Was nice to see up to 34 people on the server last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Some of the rush maps are really ****, really unbalanced I think but some of them are pretty great.

First stage of Kharg and Firestorm rush are particularly annoying imo. I like Wake Island a lot.

DapperGent wrote: »
    Some of the rush maps are really ****, really unbalanced I think but some of them are pretty great.

First stage of Kharg and Firestorm rush are particularly annoying imo. I like Wake Island a lot.

Was Wake the one where myself and snails kicked yer a$$es even though we only had a low ranked team and all you lot on the other side??
    I specifically remember lots of people giving out about my mortaring, was doing it for ages until plague got me.

DapperGent wrote: »

Yeah, I agree. It's just so hard to find what suits everyone. Kharg Rush is in the list, but Firestorm Rush isn't. Do you mean Wake Rush? We can add that too, not sure if I've ever played it. I've changed the Wake Conquest to conquest small, because it was too big the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Just dump wake altogether its a terrible map

I find for Kharg and Firestorm Rush , best thing to do is have a recon put a spawn beacon down as close as he can and Para in on to the MCOMS from there .

usually gets a plan or 2 , same for peak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Was Wake the one where myself and snails kicked yer a$$es even though we only had a low ranked team and all you lot on the other side??
    I specifically remember lots of people giving out about my mortaring, was doing it for ages until plague got me.
    Couldn't have been me I never complain or rage or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

On for a game tonight :)

Server was completely full last night for the first time in months. Good games.

Great to see it, no point in paying a sub for a server that is never used or you never play on.

There was some good games alright, highlight for me was 2 * double kills with claymores one on Seine CQ (Mick fitz & dapper) and the other on Bazaar rush.

Of the many lowlights I must include yolkface kicking my ass in a tank.
    Me: Ah a tank, must C4 him
    Me: Sheet, he's spotted me
    Killed by Yolkface
    Spawn
    Me: Ah a tank, must C4 him
    Me: Sheet, he's spotted me
    Killed by Yolkface
    Rinse & repeat.

The other was driving a jihad jeep on firestorm (thinking I was being sneaky) and I get blown sky high by a USAS round from Zeke, who then proceeded to Laugh Out Loud at my misfortune (rubbishness).

• Advertisement

Nice to see the server busy just wish i had more time for gaming the last few nights

Be on tonight for a few so hopefuly repeat tonight with the server been full :)

P.s. Need to make the rush attacking tickets higher but whats a good number so its not in favour of the attacking or defending team ??

P.s. Need to make the rush attacking tickets higher but whats a good number so its not in favour of the attacking or defending team ??

Nice to see the server busy just wish i had more time for gaming the last few nights

Be on tonight for a few so hopefuly repeat tonight with the server been full :)

Well the default is 75, which I think is reasonably fair. Don't want the game to go on forever either - if the team is good enough they'll probably do it in the first 40 of those tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Cant play Craggy because I don't have B2K. Going to have to buy it in a few weeks to avoid being kicked whenever the map changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

On now :)

Will try and populate tonight...looking forward to some good games :)

I wont be there to upset anyone :(

Was on a 60K ticket server last night and it was mayhem. Great fun all the same.
    Server was constantly fun so thinking of running something similiar to it for a weekend or one night?

We could have it on Caspian etc with instant vehicle spawn etc.
    Or we could run an infantry only map like Seine/Bazaar etc?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

and see who can stay on the longest?

do it on double XP weekend for extra sh*ts and giggles

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    and see who can stay on the longest?

do it on double XP weekend for extra sh*ts and giggles

great idea :) forgot about the double xp weekend,...when is that any way?

Advertisement