Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

As far as i know there are no parish teams, just club and county teams. i dont know any clubs that are drawn along parish lines.

I know of very few here in Connacht that aren't. Probably varies from place to place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

The swimming pool is crap.

TAKE THAT BACK NOW!!!!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

On a more serious note, I believe the following:

>the criteria for going on the dole should be made much stricter
    >If you are killed/injured through your own stupidity or whilst committing a crime, then you/your family automatically lose the right to sue.
    >Prison should be made tougher.
    >If you shun society altogether and flout even it's most basic rules, then you deserve to be shunned by society yourself.
    >Speech should never be criminalized, not matter how vile or inflammatory it is.
    >heroin addiction is not a disability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I think PETA is a fantastic organisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

The reason people receive no reply when they apply for a job is because they don't enclose a stamped addressed envelope with their CV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I think blondes are FAR sexier than brunettes.

Redheads NEVER feature in these yokes! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

We're in a class of our own;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Rugby is the sport of latent homosexual men.

EDIT: Don't know if that's too offensive, I'll remove if required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Concerts are crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

People who constantly attack single mothers are either deadbeat dads, rapists or wannabe wife beaters.
    relationships are very fickle these days and people mature alot later than they used to .
    The person you started going out with at 18 could be your partner for life in the 70s but nowadays people just dont mature till around 30 odd.
    People have kids before they realise that their boyfriend isnt cool hes a waster arsehole , or vice versa.
    Its a sign of the times as a man I can safely say the people who think the worlds problems are caused because a man lives away from the girl he had a kid with , and that these kids should be downcast really are the baddies .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

The beach is a load of shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, they do:

Redheads 'have more sex than blondes or brunettes' | Mail Online

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Not true
    Suas11 wrote: »
    That redheads are hotter than blondes or brunettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I think PETA is a fantastic organisation

I agree, People for the Eating of Tasty Animals do great work helping keep hippy scum in their box.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Pepsi is better than coke! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

K-9 wrote: »

This redhead calls bullsh!t.

Also I'm funny looking.

Not an unpopular opinion, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Breakfast in bed is shíte. And messy. Being woken up by having a tray shoved in one's face is not fun. Breakfast at the table for me, plz. Kthxbai.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Yeah actually breakfast is generally crap before you've already been up and about for at least an hour and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

kieranfitz wrote: »
    I agree, People for the Eating of Tasty Animals do great work helping keep hippy scum in their box.

Would you classify me as hippy scum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's not proper orange if it doesn't have the bits

Fanta is just junk, terrible product
    Club Orange is marginally better

There is only brand of orange and I ask for it by name when I talk to the barman, it's Finches

Up Tipp :cool:

• Advertisement

Generally speaking, fruit "products" other than actual fruit are mank and completely non-refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People that have musical snobbery towards hip hop and dance music are idiots. Nas is up there with Dylan as a lyricist. Easily.

Baked beans ruin a good fry with their messy, gloppy redness.
    They can occasionally be alright on some toast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

More of a question then an opinion

But how did Diet 7Up become so popular for hospital patients?

Something I've never understood but then I'm so used it that I bought two bottles for someone I was visiting recently lol

Seems to be one of these things that many people do but few know why :)

robertowjr wrote: »
    Pepsi is better than coke! ;)

I ****ing love Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People that have musical snobbery towards hip hop and dance music are idiots. Nas is up there with Dylan as a lyracist. Easily.

Oh right, you're one of THOSE guys. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between snobbery and recognizing sh!tty music when one hears it.

And it's lyricist tbh.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Lanaier wrote: »
    Baked beans ruin a good fry with their messy, gloppy redness.
    They can occasionally be alright on some toast though.

Beans are never alright! They are ther work off the devil! The bean juice makes everything all soggy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People that have musical snobbery towards hip hop and dance music are idiots. Nas is up there with Dylan as a lyracist. Easily.

Dylan's a lying racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Oh right, you're one of THOSE guys. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between snobbery and recognizing sh!tty music when one hears it.

And it's lyricist tbh.

:pac:
    Some of the best music from the last three decades has come from those two genres of music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Would you classify me as hippy scum?

Scum is perhaps a bit strong, but they are beyond moronic. They're worse than those halfwit ****ing idiots who burn down abortion clinics. They don't do anything to further their cause, they make it worse because they take the focus away from what the issue is, to them and their ****ing retarded antics. They make it seem that everyone who believes what they do is also a complete halfwit, even if some of what they say has some merit. PETA are so extreme in what they believe they'd have us all dressing in fig leaves like luddites. They are opposed to anything to do with animals. They don't seem to get the whole food chain concept. Then there's the absolutely indefensible stuff, like the campaign with Rudy Giuliani and his cancer; absolute utter ****e, nothing to do with animals, just them being absolute cnuts trying to get cheap PR. Actually the more I think about it, yeah I'd agree PETA are scum and if you support it then you are too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement