Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A lot of society's problems are caused by the offspring of "single mothers" - i.e. lower working class women that have children purely to sponge off the State.

My solution is to offer this type of woman a grant to have a hysterectomy.

Give them what they want - Cash for their wombs.

Purge their uteri and you'll purge a significant amount of future crime.

I've suggested this "down the pub" and it's not a popular opinion to put it mildly.

So much wrong here, so I'll focus on one thing. Which problems do these people cause, and are they among the most pressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A lot of society's problems are caused by the offspring of "single mothers" - i.e. lower working class women that have children purely to sponge off the State.

I've suggested this "down the pub" and it's not a popular opinion to put it mildly.

Indeed...seems a right cúntish opinion to be honest. I'm attacking the opinion here, not the opinion holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well Ill invite you to expand on your opinion. You can start with your definition of lower class?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'd say the "fathers" have more to answer for tbh. Most of the single mothers I know are trying their best. Its the scumbags they have kids with that cause most of their problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

It's a controversial suggestion.

However, there's no "right to life" aspect to it as we're not talking about abortion.

It's purely for the spongers who have children just to make money.

It'd cut future crime in my view but it's obviously extreme...touch of the Dr Mengeles about it!

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well Ill invite you to expand on your opinion. You can start with your definition of lower class?

Hard to define concisely.

People who've opted out of society and have no respect for society?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hard to define concisely.

People who've opted out of society and have no respect for society?

From your opinion that would seem to include you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Notwithstanding the merits or otherwise of your proposal from a social standpoint In medical terms it would be akin to amputating both of a persons legs to treat an ingrown toenail ?

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Notwithstanding the merits or otherwise of your proposal from a social standpoint In medical terms it would be akin to amputating both of a persons legs to treat an ingrown toenail ?

Can something be done chemically?

The aim would be to make these women voluntarily become infertile...if that can be done by less invasive means, then so be it.

Can something be done chemically?

The aim would be to make these women voluntarily become infertile...if that can be done by less invasive means, then so be it.

Ideally you'd want it done before they have their first child, wouldn't you?

Maybe you could sterilise all women below a certain income?

Because there's just no way the child of a single mother can make anything of themselves, so why allow even one to be born?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Shades of eugenics to this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've bolded the bit that gives me some comfort.

Ideally you'd want it done before they have their first child, wouldn't you?

Maybe you could sterilise all women below a certain income?

Err Most females of early childbearing age tend to have little or no income.

Even women who are working may experience periods of illness/unemployment/study/part time working

And why just focus on women what about men too ?

I know lets sterilise everybody :eek:

Err Most females of early childbearing age tend to have little or no income.

Even women who are working may experience periods of illness/unemployment/study/part time working

And why just focus on women what about men too ?

I know lets sterilise everybody :eek:

I've thought this through you see: lots of single mothers come from poor families so sterilising poor women will make sure they don't have daughters who might become single mothers.

But I agree it's not enough and support your solution. It's the only way we can be sure of getting all the scumbags.

But I agree it's not enough and support your solution. It's the only way we can be sure of getting all the scumbags.

Would it not be quicker and more effective to Just kill everybody cant be too careful after all............

Would it not be quicker and more effective to Just kill everybody cant be too careful after all............

You're right. Look at it this way: if we kill everyone, we can know for sure that we'll get all the dole scroungers, single mothers, foreigners, and dole-scrounging single foreign mothers.

That's the kind of world I'd like to live in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

You're right. Look at it this way: if we kill everyone, we can know for sure that we'll get all the dole scroungers, single mothers, foreigners, and dole-scrounging single foreign mothers.

Actually (and this surely is a very sinister topic which I can only deal with jokingly) it would be much fairer to let them all live and give them every opportunity and chance at happiness etc in an ''ideal'' and fair society but once they commit a serious crime ... turn the ingrates into fertiliser immediately :)
    This way we don't pick on anyone due to an accident of their birth and we can also punish bankers , politicians and those with a silver spoon in their mouths who harm society while having grown up with every advantage possible thereby having even fewer excuses...

Errr I think youre not fully grasping the consequences of this kill everyone idea ?

Errr I think youre not fully grasping consequences of this kill everyone idea

Well there has to be a drawback, but I'll willing to make the sacrifice in order to make a world where my children can... oh.

:pac:

psychward wrote: »
    but once they commit a serious crime ... turn the ingrates into fertiliser immediately :)

How serious ?

Are we talking about being three days late renewing their car tax or mass genocide ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

How serious ?

Are we talking about being three days late renewing their car tax or mass genocide ?

We should probably pilot the scheme on those who try to impose unfair disproportionate car taxes and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

That is what I feel should happen yes. (Why would anybody want to keep a badly badly disabled child though?)

I wouldn't and you evidently wouldn't but what you're suggesting is unconscionable IMO.
    Nobody benefits from that arrangement except perhaps a selfish woman who wants a baby no matter what and be damned the awful life it will have to live.

Perhaps, but unless you want to go down the road of creating laws as you're suggesting that fit in more with a totalitarian or fascist hell hole than a democracy where people's human rights are valued then we have to respect people's rights in this matter.

I really hope it's that you're just not thinking this issue through enough to realise the implications of what you're saying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I'd say the "fathers" have more to answer for tbh. Most of the single mothers I know are trying their best. Its the scumbags they have kids with that cause most of their problems.

Thank you for saying that. I wish more people here would realise that instead of continually spewing their bile on these women, as if they get pregnant by miraculous conception!

Nodin wrote: »
    I've bolded the bit that gives me some comfort.

Its certainly is not a line I would be using on a new lady friend whom I had just met and was seeking to impress !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Having lived in the UK during the '80's when Maggie was doing her thing and shamelessly widening the class divide, by creating Sink Estates....full of unemployed and poorly educated citizens, I believe The Jeremy Kyle generation was hothoused!!

These no go areas are stuffed full of people with few opportunities educationally or otherwise, deprived of social inclusion and fed on a diet of Corrie, Eastenders & whatever else the media spews forth:eek:

Think about it......life outside their own front door is Shameless then they turn on the telly and at any given time neighbours are getting it on with the one next door, couples are plotting murder and all sorts of deceitful, criminal and obnoxious behaviour. Everyone goes to the pub 2/3 times a day.......children are precocious and resilient and recover from any imaginable disaster/terror/abuse (Case in point: Simon in Corrie!! That kid should be in deep, deep therapy!!) Couples are here today, gone tomorrow......tug of love situations are normal.............it's OK to shag your sister's ex...the list is endless and much of it happens in a Country Village, an Eastend Square, a Street in Manchester and I'm not sure what goes on in Hollyoaks but I'm guesssing by my 16 year old.....it's pretty raunchy:eek::eek::eek:

So my humble opinion is that poverty, lack of education, politicians & the media are responsible for The Jeremy Kyle Generation!! They know nothing different!!

Another man with womb envy!! Seriously, your opinion truly belongs in this thread!!

Pandora2 wrote: »
    The Jeremy Kyle Generation!!

I always considered Jeremy Kyle closer to the genre of soap than documentary :confused:

I always considered Jeremy Kyle closer to the genre of soap than documentary :confused:

My point exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WallysWorld

Duncan Stewart is the only "celeb" Rte has ever produced that I find remotely watchable, I'm not sure why that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Duncan Stewart is the only "celeb" Rte has ever produced that I find remotely watchable, I'm not sure why that is...

Because Duncan's a legend! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement