Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

mach1982 wrote: »
    Frsit I'm not a teenager, I'm 29, over thoses 29 years i've learn that, alot never use their brains.

You don't have to be a teenager to spout teenage nonsense, it's a special kind of self important tripe that transcends the period in life it's named after.

As you're amply demonstrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

You don't have to be a teenager to spout teenage nonsense, it's a special kind of self important tripe that transcends the period in life it's named after.

As you're amply demonstrating.

I do not see myself as anymore important than anyone else, I also believe that there always someone smarter than you( by you I mean me, you ,everyone).Maybe I should have chose my words more carefully , people are not stupid they are ignorant. We’ve lost the ability to think for ourselves; therefore it makes people look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    I think people over 60 should only be allowed on the roads between 10am and 4pm and then 8pm until 12am.

That way, the weekday Sunday drivers can naff off and let us get to and from work in good time.

I also think it should be mandatory that children get the school buses instead of the "yummy" mummy brigade causing gridlock in their badly parked/badly driven 4x4 mobiles. :mad:

+10

Why would anyone buy something so big if they dont know how to drive it!

I do not see myself as anymore important than anyone else, I also believe that there always someone smarter than you( by you I mean me, you ,everyone).Maybe I should have chose my words more carefully , people are not stupid they are ignorant. We’ve lost the ability to think for ourselves; therefore it makes people look stupid.

Calling people "ignorant" because you've witnessed some minor brainfarts is so amazingly shitty I am actually lost for words.
    You're being amazingly fucking condescending, please grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That redheads are hotter than blondes or brunettes.

• Advertisement

Calling people "ignorant" because you've witnessed some minor brainfarts is so amazingly shitty I am actually lost for words.

That is only one example , I witness “brainfarts” daily within my work or just observing the general public

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

In fairness, the average Joe is fairly stupid.
    Just listen to any phone show, read any rag, chat to the general population.
    They may well be highly skilled in sports, music, art, general knowledge, maths etc...
    But the general population seem to be severely lacking in critical thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I think Dara O'Brian is quite funny, particularly when doing stand up.

Example, at petrol satations the cap is on the right hand side of the car , but anothe car infront, the other side is free , but insead of either driveing around to the other side when the cap would be on correct side , they sit there blocking the forecourt.

I do this all the time!
    But it's out of pure laziness!! :)

That is only one example , I witness “brainfarts” daily within my work or just observing the general public

Sure, well when you've managed to go your entire life without fucking up once, maybe your opinions will be valid.

But seeing as you've already shit over the chances of that happening with your last few posts I'll just settle for cataloguing your opinions under "obnoxious bullshit" where they rightfully belong.

You too, flutterflye.

• Advertisement

Sure, well when you've managed to go your entire life without fucking up once, maybe your opinions will be valid.

But seeing as you've already shit over the chances of that happening with your last few posts I'll just settle for cataloguing your opinions under "obnoxious bullshit" where they rightfully belong.

You too, flutterflye.

I , to your phrase "**** up " , all the time , i'm not perfect, but I lern from my mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I , to your phrase "**** up " , all the time , i'm not perfect, but I lern from my mistakes.

Capitalise your I's, space after commas not before and there's an a in the word learn. :pac:

(I'm sure Muphry's law applies to my corrections. :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RichieC wrote: »
    Capitalise your I's, space after commas not before and there's an a in the word learn. :pac:

You must enlighten me, Richie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Omackeral wrote: »
    RichieC wrote: »

You must enlighten me, Richie :)
    The mis-spelling is deliberate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Not on par with the more common themes on this thread but still the amount of people I know who follow this stuff religiously.

I think homeopathy, holistic therapy, energy healing, angel cards, reiki, and all that gobble-dee-gook alternative medicine is one of the biggest over-priced cons out there and should be nowhere near a pharmacy.

My gf went to an angel card reading and was told our unborn daughter (:eek:) was acting like a gaurdian angel guiding her and my life, which thanks to this mystical spirit, I landed my new job.

Oh yes, nothing to do at all with my certs, experience, and hardship that I've worked on and endured for the past 9 years.

For

Fùck

Sake!

Possibly true, your unborn daughter clearly saved you from your housemate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Possibly true, your unborn daughter clearly saved you from your housemate

Keeping my door locked and generally keeping the fùck away from him saved me from him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

• I believe that laws restricting polygamy and incest have no place in a liberated society founded on equality.
    • I believe that Communism had many noble aims, but that its main proponents are only out-done in the stupid stakes by its main opponents.
    • In favour of euthanasia and abortion. Human life is only precious for those who are in a position to enjoy it.
    • I believe that the possibility that some races of human beings are athletically or intellectually more gifted than others is quite plausible in itself.
    • I think that too many people shy away from examining the role of genetics in shaping how societies or individuals within societies fail or succeed.
    • Nationalism is the single most stupid political theory for which any man has ever shed blood.
    • I don't blame the banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

later10 wrote: »
    • I believe that laws restricting polygamy and incest have no place in a liberated society founded on equality.
    • I believe that Communism had many noble aims, but that its main proponents are only out-done in the stupid stakes by its main opponents.
    • In favour of euthanasia and abortion. Human life is only precious for those who are in a position to enjoy it.
    • I believe that the possibility that some races of human beings are athletically or intellectually more gifted than others is quite plausible in itself.
    • I think that too many people shy away from examining the role of genetics in shaping how societies or individuals within societies fail or succeed.
    • Nationalism is the single most stupid political theory for which any man has ever shed blood.
    • I don't blame the banks.

I believe using bullet points is so outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I can't stand Bod Dylan or Bruce Springsteen. Boring dreary ****ehawks, the two of em.
    Well said. Boring music for boring people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

• I believe that laws restricting polygamy and incest have no place in a liberated society founded on equality

No law restricting incest?

I'd like to know how you can justify that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Pay them all to go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Haven't you just shot yourself in the foot?

Unless of course you're the one example of humankind who has never fúcked up even once in your entire life thus far...

mickrock wrote: »
    No law restricting incest?

I'd like to know how you can justify that.
    Using the principle that only consenting adults get to decide what they do in the bedroom.

What principle do you use to justify maintaining its illegal status?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Using the principle that only consenting adults get to decide what they do in the bedroom.

But incest often involves children and children aren't adults, consenting or otherwise.

What principle do you use to justify maintaining its illegal status?

Deformities of genes would be a biggy there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

On the subject of incest, are there any laws preventing the creation of inbred children? What with IVF and stuff, these days you can have inbreeding without incest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But incest often involves children and children aren't adults, consenting or otherwise.
    He means only adults - should go without saying.
    It's not ideal, but it happens occasionally. I wouldn't agree with procreation in such circumstances though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i don't know that it being illegal would stop many people from doing it anyway.

So does sex. Do you think we ought to ban sex?

The interpretation you refer to is not the actual meaning of incest.

• Advertisement

Deformities of genes would be a biggy there.
    That's far from being established in scientific fact,although admittedly there are potential hazards.

But we don't stop carriers of Cystic Fibrosis genes from 'breeding' in case they copulate with other carriers, so I don't see why it ought to be different with other heterozygous allele holders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement