Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

token101 wrote: »
    Scum is perhaps a bit strong, but they are beyond moronic. They're worse than those halfwit ****ing idiots who burn down abortion clinics. They don't do anything to further their cause, they make it worse because they take the focus away from what the issue is, to them and their ****ing retarded antics. They make it seem that everyone who believes what they do is also a complete halfwit, even if some of what they say has some merit. PETA are so extreme in what they believe they'd have us all dressing in fig leaves like luddites. They are opposed to anything to do with animals. They don't seem to get the whole food chain concept. Then there's the absolutely indefensible stuff, like the campaign with Rudy Giuliani and his cancer; absolute utter ****e, nothing to do with animals, just them being absolute cnuts trying to get cheap PR. Actually the more I think about it, yeah I'd agree PETA are scum and if you support it then you are too.

Right.... And people who don't eat animals are moronic?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I think PETA is a fantastic organisation

just..no, they're laughable in their extremism

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Tayto crisps are awful. They are overcooked and over flavoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Russell Brand is absolutely hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Russell Brand is absolutely hilarious

Not the same man since the break-up

Creepy_speedo_guy_with_guns.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

It is big and it is clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Nas is up there with Dylan as a lyricist. Easily.
    He's below Slick Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Finneen wrote: »
    He's below Slick Rick.
    Nas is the greatest of all time. Slick Rick is deadly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Nas is the greatest of all time. Slick Rick is deadly though.
    Great lyricist , Bob dylan wouldnt be caught dead singing
    "nas got the ladies puff drive mercedes,
    take hits from the 80s and do a sound so crazy "
    Or something along them lines , come back to me when nas writes something like simple twist of fate , tangled up in blue , lily rosemary and the jack of hearts, this is just off the top of my head .
    Can nas equal that or have we got Im rich I pimp da hoes , or we black people have it so bad , I cant afford a plumber to fix me rad.
    Its just one tone nursery rymes , there is nothing poetic abou it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Concerts are crap

GTFO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The Wanted are the worst thing that ever happened to music and I am deeply hurt their tripe called Glad You Came is doing well in the US.

I will never forgive Glee if this is their fault:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Some of the best music from the last three decades has come from those two genres of music.

And most of the worst too.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Great lyricist , Bob dylan wouldnt be caught dead singing

Or something along them lines , come back to me when nas writes something like simple twist of fate , tangled up in blue , lily rosemary and the jack of hearts, this is just off the top of my head .
    Can nas equal that or have we got Im rich I pimp da hoes , or we black people have it so bad , I cant afford a plumber to fix me rad.
    Its just one tone nursery rymes , there is nothing poetic abou it.

I've never heard those lyrics from nas before. Think you might be confusing him with mase. But even if they were his, Dylan has more than his fair share of shyte lyrics too. Trying to compare two different artists using the worst lyrics from one with the best from the other is a bit silly tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Steve Jobs is held up as some incredible person

I've read the Walter Isaacson book and my impression was he was a hysterical asshole and tyrant and would switch from bullying to bursting into tears to get his way. And abandoned his own daughter

Everything I hate in a person and manager

Managers need to be strong but you can be a leader and passionate without this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Steve Jobs is held up as some incredible person

I've read the Walter Isaacson book and my impression was he was a hysterical asshole and tyrant and would switch from bullying to bursting into tears to get his way. And abandoned his own daughter

Everything I hate in a person and manager

Managers need to be strong but you can be a leader and passionate without this

Did you ever meet him? I haven't so I can't judge him personally. Sometimes books, even bestsellers like the bible, don't have all the facts.

But he took a company that was in the ****ter 20 years ago and built them up to a company worth $500 billion. That's incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

token101 wrote: »
    Did you ever meet him? I haven't so I can't judge him personally. Sometimes books, even bestsellers like the bible, don't have all the facts.

It wasn't a rogue book with an agenda, Jobs cooperated on it

From amazon.com
    Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years—as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues—Walter Isaacson has written a riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.

Although Jobs cooperated with this book, he asked for no control over what was written nor even the right to read it before it was published. He put nothing off-limits.

He encouraged the people he knew to speak honestly. And Jobs speaks candidly, sometimes brutally so, about the people he worked with and competed against. His friends, foes, and colleagues provide an unvarnished view of the passions, perfectionism, obsessions, artistry, devilry, and compulsion for control that shaped his approach to business and the innovative products that resulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mikemac1 wrote: »
    It wasn't a rogue book with an agenda, Jobs cooperated on it

From amazon.com

Generally speaking you don't rise to the top of a sucessful business without being a complete <unt, so it should be no surprise really that Jobs was like this?

'You have to be 100% behind someone in order to stab them in the back'.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

All memes, be they facepalms or derps or any of that crap, are pointless and unfunny and almost always detract from internet forums. The internet will be better when people outgrow them.

But it will be funny when someone inevitably facepalms this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

All memes, be they facepalms or derps or any of that crap, are pointless and unfunny and almost always detract from internet forums. The internet will be better when people outgrow them.

But it will be funny when someone inevitably facepalms this post.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8876/roflbottl.jpg :pac:

They're ok indeed in moderation, but repetition ruins it.
    I've only recently discovered a site where you can add captions to pictures, so when I do use such image macros, as I believe they're called, at least they're not too overdone (as far as I know).

I've never heard those lyrics from nas before. Think you might be confusing him with mase. But even if they were his, Dylan has more than his fair share of shyte lyrics too. Trying to compare two different artists using the worst lyrics from one with the best from the other is a bit silly tbh.

Dylan ****e lyrics? surely you mixing him up with dylan thomas or someone . He never had a bad lyric that I can remember.
    Do me a favour gimme a poetic song from nas and ill discuss if its good enough to be studied for juniour cert english poetry question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

They're ok indeed in moderation, but repetition ruins it.
    I've only recently discovered a site where you can add captions to pictures, so when I do use such image macros, as I believe they're called, at least they're not too overdone (as far as I know).

I suppose that's quite different because you're actually responding to the post with an image in a witty and clever way. It's the idea of just resorting to a stock image to make your point that bothers me.

:) ...like that.
    That's brilliant!

cloptrop wrote: »
    Dylan ****e lyrics? surely you mixing him up with dylan thomas or someone . He never had a bad lyric that I can remember.
    Do me a favour gimme a poetic song from nas and ill discuss if its good enough to be studied for juniour cert english poetry question.

You have many contacts / Among the lumberjacks / To get you facts / When someone attacks your imagination-Amazing stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Would you classify me as hippy scum?

If the leather shoe fits.
    Right.... And people who don't eat animals are moronic?:pac:

Yes, Misguided at best.

You have many contacts / Among the lumberjacks / To get you facts / When someone attacks your imagination-Amazing stuff :rolleyes:
    Its a song about a reporter who walks into a room full of circus freaks/musicians and hippies and just doesnt get the scene. He knows there is a scene going on but he just doesnt get it.
    Accoring to Bob its a true story about a man who keeps his eyes in his pockets.
    Lumberjacks he uses instead of hacks <bad reporters>

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I can sing .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Nigerians are scamming theiving bastards...All of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

"My uzi weighs a ton, your son less thump nah
    Heat talk feet walk you run uh
    Rat ta-tat, Hear them shots come
    Drop son, pull out"

Nas & rap = ear rape for mongoloids.

Everyone has a thing for music by ABBA and The Carpenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The people that went out of their way to tell everyone their lives were better during the Celtic Tiger have been replaced by people that emigrated and have to remind everyone still living in Ireland how bad the place is and how their lives are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 curlymo

I think that all soap operas should not be shown before watershed times as most of the content is not suitable for kids that are tuned as a family. Also too much drinking in each of them and you will notice that not one of them ever have a drink problem.

I also think to combat the underage drinking culture it should be like the US 21 years of age before you are allowed to drink.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement