Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Elvis is the most over rated singer of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

John McCain wouldn't have been that bad a president. His entire campaign was appealing to the gun-totin', monster truckin' bible belt populace who wanted their 'murican POW hero to rid the world of commies, but his actual policies weren't as crazy as his supporters' mindsets

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Obama was a blow of wind.

All talk and no action.

The most overrated President ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

MJ23 wrote: »
    Elvis is the most over rated singer of all time.

I'd give that honour to Robert Plant.
    Cake Man wrote: »
    Superhero/Marvel comics films

I am absolutely sick to death of all these superhero films that have flooded cinemas in the last few years. Don't get me wrong I'm partial to the odd Batman or superhero film myself but the amount of them coming out lately is just ridiculous.

I intentionally go into the cinema late to skip the trailers because at one point recently it was just trailer after trailer of these films.

It seems every fcuking week there's a new Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Wolverine, Guardians of the Galaxy et al. Marvel are the worst culprit.
    I wouldn't mind but they all have the same premise: baddie villain tries to take over the world, superhero(es) intervenes, showdown between baddie villain and superhero(es), superhero(es) kills baddie villain, end.
    Just stop for fcuk sake, it's been done to death!!

Wish I could thank this more than once.
    Nomis21 wrote: »
    I saw Brian Cowan in my town of Clara propping up the bar in Mick's pub and cracking jokes with his mates. I think he's a good guy, one of the lads...

I hope you wouldn't vote for him just because of that. That's how the wrong people get into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Converse are horrible shoes, why does 99% of the population seem to wear them or vans? Get some originality going people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wouldn't mind but they all have the same premise: baddie villain tries to take over the world, superhero(es) intervenes, showdown between baddie villain and superhero(es), superhero(es) kills baddie villain, end.
    What's even worse about them is they keep going back to tell the origin story over and over again. How many times do we have to watch where batman and spiderman came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

John McCain wouldn't have been that bad a president. His entire campaign was appealing to the gun-totin', monster truckin' bible belt populace who wanted their 'murican POW hero to rid the world of commies, but his actual policies weren't as crazy as his supporters' mindsets

JOhn Mccain would have been at the helm when 911 occured and I think his response would have created a different world today. (A lot better one imo)
    The problem for mccain was that he could not be told what to do.
    He is a stand up guy and is not afraid of outside influece . so he got shafted by the rep party who went for bush jr, who has various questionable interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I am not an animal lover, unless it's on my plate, well cooked with a variety of seasonal veg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ScumLord wrote: »
    What's even worse about them is they keep going back to tell the origin story over and over again. How many times do we have to watch where batman and spiderman came from?

...until doing the same thing that made money before doesn't make money again. In many ways its a miracle anything remotely original and/or watchable gets made at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't mind comic movies being made, hell I got to all of them, but yes a million times to this. did we REALLY need to see how Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man again? Who doesnt know that awkward teenager+radioactive spider bite= Spider-Man? unless you've been living under a rock for the past few decades. The lore of these characters especially the popular ones like Batman is farily well known even outside fans of the source material.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't forget the hidden scene after the credits, that must absolutely, 100% be watched.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I am absolutely sick to death of all these superhero films that have flooded cinemas in the last few years. Don't get me wrong I'm partial to the odd Batman or superhero film myself but the amount of them coming out lately is just ridiculous.

I intentionally go into the cinema late to skip the trailers because at one point recently it was just trailer after trailer of these films.

It seems every fcuking week there's a new Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Wolverine, Guardians of the Galaxy et al. Marvel are the worst culprit.
    Couldn't agree more. Same story in every one, do 3 or 4 follow up films of the same story and when that is getting boring they just "reboot" it, or just start the same story again! But it's making money for studios, so it won't stop any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I love the films but it is tiring knowing the superhero will succeed and his love interest will live. It would be nice to not know the films ending before I even get in it.

Game of thrones has spoilt me, any character can die at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

How many times do we have to watch where batman and spiderman came from?

The answer is never, you genuinely never have to watch where batman and Spider-Man come from. You do not have to go cinema, buy a DVD, download it ever. The only chance you may have to watch it is if your in a mates house an they have it on, and even in that situation you still don't HAVE to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Grown adults who play Pokemon need to take a good look at themselves. I dont care about gay rights. Apparently this is worse than being anti gay rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

To add to this: Guardians of the Galaxy just isn't very good. I don't exaggerate when I say that there's been at least 50 new films this year that I liked more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I love the films but it is tiring knowing the superhero will succeed and his love interest will live.

Actually, his love interest may die, making him into a loner out for vengeance etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Sirsok wrote: »
    The answer is never, you genuinely never have to watch where batman and Spider-Man come from. You do not have to go cinema, buy a DVD, download it ever. The only chance you may have to watch it is if your in a mates house an they have it on, and even in that situation you still don't HAVE to watch it.

Still though, grown adults watching films about superheroes with all samey plotlines is kinda childish tbh, never mind the pudgy lads with the superhero t-shirts and usually sporting a beard covering the southern hemisphere of their face while the top half is bald as an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

wazky wrote: »
    Still though, grown adults watching films about superheroes with all samey plotlines is kinda childish tbh, never mind the pudgy lads with the superhero t-shirts and usually sporting a beard covering the southern hemisphere of their face while the top half is bald as an egg.

Out of curiousity, what do you think comic book collecting, comic con going girls look like?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, what do you think comic book collecting, comic con going girls look like?

Comic con girls?, had to Google that.

They look like girls in costumes?, what do they look like to you?

• Advertisement

Comic con girls?, had to Google that.

They look like girls in costumes?, what do they look like to you?

No, not cosplay girls, girls that go to comic con in general. Since you described all the men like comicbook guy in the Simpsons, I was wondering what you thought the "nerd" girls look like.

No, not cosplay girls, girls that go to comic con in general. Since you described all the men like comicbook guy in the Simpsons, I was wondering what you thought the "nerd" girls look like.

How would I know?, I was only describing what I've seen. Whack up a picture and I'll give you my opinion if you're that interested.

How would I know?, I was only describing what I've seen. Whack up a picture and I'll give you my opinion if you're that interested.
    I just get píssed off at the stereotype of what people who enjoy comic books look like, some would give the Big Bang Theory guys a run for their money, but there are others who also like sport and whatnot. The girls are assumed to all be into cosplay, when most are just normal too.

Fúcking hate stereotyping. And that's not just regarding that aspect.

I just get píssed off at the stereotype of what people who enjoy comic books look like, some would give the Big Bang Theory guys a run for their money, but there are others who also like sport and whatnot. The girls are assumed to all be into cosplay, when most are just normal too.

Fúcking hate stereotyping. And that's not just regarding that aspect.

It's the unpopular opinion thread, if you get that pissy over something then you probably shouldn't read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

http://elviscastillo.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/assignment-2-0577.jpg

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Hozier is a load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I never got the love and admiration for the Cadbury's Dairy Milk ad with the gorilla playing the drums to the Phil Collins song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

IMO all the news / updates etc on Ebola are being overdone at this stage - fed up of Ebola updates occupying sometimes up to half the update sections on certain news apps. Felt the same way about the Pistorius Trial, even news on Snowden, Water Charges + protests & ISIS are starting to become tedious for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I better not... :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Don't know if anyone's said this but I think there should be some forced abortions. Not just make abortion legal but have vigorous checks in place to see if the person or couple having the baby can look after it when it's born. If they fail the test then they must abort. Some children are growing up in awful places.
    There's far too many unhappy kids growing up with terrible parents. So for example, there's some couples who have kids as some sort of social statement. They don't really want the child, they just do it to fit in with society and play happy families. There's a lot of snobby people who have a rotten attitude towards their fellow citizens, they put making money ahead of all else. We don't need people like this having kids, that would mean people like the bankers that ruined this state and people like that wouldn't be able to have kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement