Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

While I like Parks & Recreation a lot, I think that Chris Pratt/Andy is the weakest part of the show and don't understand his popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M. isn't such a bad song. While lyrically it's very sappy, it's a nice tune, and if it hadn't come out at the band's commercial and, arguably, creative peak, it wouldn't be subject to half the derision that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

"Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M. isn't such a bad song. While lyrically it's very sappy, it's a nice tune, and if it hadn't come out at the band's commercial and, arguably, creative peak, it wouldn't be subject to half the derision that it is.

It's a nice song I agree, but didn't they write it as a piss take?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's a nice song I agree, but didn't they write it as a piss take?

Apparently not. Michael Stipe said publicly that he hated it a few times over the years, and they refused to put it on their first greatest hits album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Generally, I have no time or sympathy for drug addicts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Any person caught with an illegal firearm should be punished by having their fingers surgically removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Lol, I Forgot Mulan Even Existed Tier:

Mulan's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

aaronc182 wrote: »
    Breaking Bad just wasn't that good!
    I agree.....

It was absolutely fantastic...

My local unpopular opinion is I hate being told to do something I don't want to do, I have no problem giving money to charity but I don't want to chuck Ice over my head on camera to prove it , I also went through this **** on the other stupid internet craze they had before .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

osarusan wrote: »
    Haruki Murakami is by no means the master wordsmith that many people think he is.
    Was gonna say that might be down to the people translating it into English. Then I realized you were actually situated in Tokyo. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I dont really care when joyriders crash once they dont injure innocent roadusers who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can't really imagine there are many who would care. I certainly don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I would care for their poor families, when my small fella is older I would feel like I failed him somehow if he thought going around doing that stuff was a good idea. But no, as long as they don't kill anyone else, how can you really care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Any person caught with an illegal firearm should be punished by having their fingers surgically removed.
    They won't learn their lesson if you are that soft. Remove their fingers by putting them in a mincing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I have zero sympathy for people bitten by sharks or crocs.
    Go swim in a pool and leave those animals alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They won't learn their lesson if you are that soft. Remove their fingers by putting them in a mincing machine.

Well yeah, I didn't really want to be accused of pointless barbarism, just as long as the end result of the punishment is that these 'shooters' are unable to use their weapons anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Finding Nemo, Up and Monsters Inc are trash.

The Incredibles is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

I don't think women should accrue holidays while off on maternity leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Finding Nemo, Up and Monsters Inc are trash.

The Incredibles is a masterpiece.

Well, at least you got something right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Links234 wrote: »
    Well, at least you got something right ;)

I do try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I don't think women should accrue holidays while off on maternity leave.
    They do? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    They do? :eek:

And time in lieu for bank holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 20,578 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

As a Dub i was delighted to see Dublin lose the weekend, have an unatural hate of gaa and people involved,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I saw Brian Cowan in my town of Clara propping up the bar in Mick's pub and cracking jokes with his mates. I think he's a good guy, one of the lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Irish people get the governments and taxes they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

<insert non unpopular opinion>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Nomis21 wrote: »
    I saw Brian Cowan in my town of Clara propping up the bar in Mick's pub and cracking jokes with his mates. I think he's a good guy, one of the lads...

He probably is.

Wouldn't let him run a country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Superhero/Marvel comics films

I am absolutely sick to death of all these superhero films that have flooded cinemas in the last few years. Don't get me wrong I'm partial to the odd Batman or superhero film myself but the amount of them coming out lately is just ridiculous.

I intentionally go into the cinema late to skip the trailers because at one point recently it was just trailer after trailer of these films.

It seems every fcuking week there's a new Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Wolverine, Guardians of the Galaxy et al. Marvel are the worst culprit.
    I wouldn't mind but they all have the same premise: baddie villain tries to take over the world, superhero(es) intervenes, showdown between baddie villain and superhero(es), superhero(es) kills baddie villain, end.
    Just stop for fcuk sake, it's been done to death!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

RayM wrote: »
    He probably is.

Wouldn't let him run a country though.

He shouldn't be let run a three legged race, the incompetent fat alcoholic prick:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I prefer Walkers to Taytos

/awaits death threats....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Slanegirl, Magalufgirl the ICloud leaks
    Most of these types of stories would die out and be forgotten within days if not hours
    were it not for people dragging them up over and over again to say how offended/disgusted
    they are by how the girls were treated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement