Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Red Pepper wrote: »
    You are talking thru your hoop friendo. As animated kids movies go, its a classic.

No, Tangled was somewhat original, but after it was a success, Frozen is just the new things from Tangled mashed up with loads of Disney clichés.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Old people should have curfews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There is no housing shortage or housing crisis in ireland, and the rush to build more is being drip fed to us ahead of making a select group of people filthy rich.
    The real problem is the lack of de-centralization in the country which has caused everything to be concentrated in a few small areas, rendering everywhere else 'unfavorable or undesirable'

See also, england and london

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No, Tangled was somewhat original, but after it was a success, Frozen is just the new things from Tangled mashed up with loads of Disney clichés.
    Every disney film has loads of Disney clichés.

While on the subject of Disney films: One of the worse disney movies, and definitely the most over rated is The Lion King.
    Most under rated is Pinocchio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think The Aristocats is one of the more underrated films from Disney. It's not a really heart-wrenching one like The Lion King (which is a stone-cold classic) and looking back on it I guess it could be deemed a little politically incorrect at times, but I think it has the best music of all the Disney films.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Old people should have curfews.

For what purpose?

How old do you need to be to qualify?
    What time would you start the curfew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The average member of the public greatly underestimates the average TD's workload. While there are some feckless and corrupt parliamentarians, they are in the minority. Contrary to popular opinion, the evidence suggests that a corrupt politician suffers a more precipitious fall from grace than a corrupt Joe Bloggs (and, arguably, that is as it should be.)

I also do not agree with the POV that TD's are over-paid. IMO Dail reform should focus on reducing numbers and increasing salaries in order to better attract outstanding candidates into politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Visiting funerals and organising medical cards is not time well spent for TDs.

I'd prefer a list system for the whole country (ie. One constituency) it would eliminate much of the parish pump politics

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think The Aristocats is one of the more underrated films from Disney. It's not a really heart-wrenching one like The Lion King (which is a stone-cold classic) and looking back on it I guess it could be deemed a little politically incorrect at times, but I think it has the best music of all the Disney films.

The Aristocats is easily in my top two favourite childhood films, jostling for that number one spot with the Lion King! Then again, I always used to just put it down to me being a "cat person"!! :D :P

I remember getting up early every Saturday/Sunday morning just to watch it. I never tired of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

From best to worst

All Time Classics Tier:

The Jungle Book
    Aladdin
    Winnie the Pooh

Good Tier:

Pinocchio
    Frozen
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    The Lion King
    The Little Mermaid
    Alice in Wonderland

Acceptable Tier:

Dumbo
    Bambi
    Snow White
    One Hundred and One Dalmatians
    Peter Pan
    Emperor's New Groove
    Beauty and the Beast

Don't Make Me Watch This Again Tier:

Cinderella
    The Aristocats
    Sleeping Beauty
    Lady and the Tramp

Lol, I Forgot Mulan Even Existed Tier:

Everything else

Pocahontas Tier:

Pocahontas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Temporal Loop

There is too much emphasis on how a man uses his penis. The size,hardness and ability to stay hard are the most important factors. There's only so much variation in timing and speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is too much emphasis on how a man uses his penis. The size,hardness and ability to stay hard are the most important factors. There's only so much variation in timing and speed.

And are you a man or a woman?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

From best to worst

All Time Classics Tier:

The Jungle Book
    Aladdin
    Winnie the Pooh

Good Tier:

Pinocchio
    Frozen
    The Lion King
    The Little Mermaid
    Alice in Wonderland

Acceptable Tier:

Dumbo
    Bambi
    Snow White
    Peter Pan
    Emperor's New Groove
    Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella
    The Aristocats
    Sleeping Beauty
    Lady and the Tramp

Everything else

Pocahontas Tier:

Pocahontas

What, no Sword in the Stone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Haruki Murakami is by no means the master wordsmith that many people think he is.

Links234 wrote: »
    What, no Sword in the Stone? :confused:

Crap 60s animation
    Story is Meh
    was scared of the pig-thing the witch turned into as a child
    Not bad, but it'd be the 60s equivalent of Bolt

Solid Mulan Tier

From best to worst

All Time Classics Tier:

The Jungle Book
    Aladdin
    Winnie the Pooh

Good Tier:

Pinocchio
    Frozen
    The Lion King
    The Little Mermaid
    Alice in Wonderland

Acceptable Tier:

Dumbo
    Bambi
    Snow White
    Peter Pan
    Emperor's New Groove
    Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella
    The Aristocats
    Sleeping Beauty
    Lady and the Tramp

Everything else

Pocahontas Tier:

Pocahontas
    Ah here, Snow White has to be in the all time classics. Swap Cinderella with the Lion king, Put Pinocchio in the top tier instead of Winnie the Pooh and I'm with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Don't forget
    Rupert the Bear and the Frog Song movie. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_and_the_Frog_Song
    Not sure where it would be rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

Most modern hollywood movies are absolutely crap. CGI, bad acting, crap directors, stupid action films and poor comedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

hairybelly wrote: »
    Most modern hollywood movies are absolutely crap

Sturgeon's law: When someone said to SF writer Ted Sturgeon that 90% of SF was crap, he said "Yes, but then 90% of everything is crap".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Temporal Loop

Most modern hollywood movies are absolutely crap. CGI, bad acting, crap directors, stupid action films and poor comedies.

Ok but that is a popular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Noel Edmonds is a disturbing creep.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ah here, Snow White has to be in the all time classics. Swap Cinderella with the Lion king, Put Pinocchio in the top tier instead of Winnie the Pooh and I'm with you

I get that Snow White is the first full length animated film ever made and was ridiculously innovative for its time, but the pacing in it is unbelievable by modern standards.
    So much of it is just people walking with no dialogue. There's about 17 minutes of actual narrative and the rest is songs or facial expressions

gugleguy wrote: »
    Don't forget
    Rupert the Bear and the Frog Song movie. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_and_the_Frog_Song
    Not sure where it would be rated.

Not A Disney Movie Tier:

Rupert and the Frog Song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You know, I was gonna say that Ghibli > Disney, but then I thought, that's probably not all that unpopular an opinion :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Just because you are receiving Social Welfare/Child Benefit/A Medical Card or any other type of aid or allowence does not necessarily mean you need it or are entitled to it.

All these things need to be regulated and means tested.

Also we cannot expect to get any services including water for free. That's not how the world works and the country couldn't sustain everyone getting constant freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The Other Guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Also we cannot expect to get any services including water for free. That's not how the world works and the country couldn't sustain everyone getting constant freebies.

eh we didnt get them for free. we already paid for water ten times over with our taxes.

How about an ''unpopular opinion'' concerning the death penalty and defrauding or incompetent politicians ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I think we should stop all foreign aid until we get our own finances in order. All of the countries we are providing "charity" to, have a lower debt than us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Monife wrote: »
    I think we should stop all foreign aid until we get our own finances in order. All of the countries we are providing "charity" to, have a lower debt than us.

If that's the case, I suspect it's because their economies are so piss-poor that no one will lend to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Debts aren't really a measure of wealth or lack thereof. I'd be willing to bet that I have a much lower debt than Dennis O'Brien for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement