Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

There's still hope for Mayo GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

DazMarz wrote: »
    UFC is shíte. People paid a bloody fortune to go in and watch that, and the main fight was over in like 2 minutes. For jaysus sake. I stuck it on the telly out of interest.

Fúck that. Give me a good, old fashioned boxing match any day of the week.

UFC is bullshít.
    You might be in the minority as it as overtaken boxing in popularity, but I agree. Too many sort fights, what they need is some of those boxing fights that just went on...

...and on...

...and on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYZ2DV4kizU

And slag the Brazilian fella all you want, but barely a boxer in the world in is weight class would stand a chance against him. Far wider skillsets involved in MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I like The Sims 3 :mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

UFC is shíte. People paid a bloody fortune to go in and watch that, and the main fight was over in like 2 minutes. For jaysus sake. I stuck it on the telly out of interest.

UFC is bullshít.

EDIT: also, to add this. That Brazilian that McGregor was fighting couldn't kick snow off a rope. So was a bit pointless, to be fair.

Boxing is great if you want to watch someone get brain damage in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I can't understand the obsession with Lance Armstrong's doping compared to every other cyclist who lied and took banned substances. Other Tour De France winners were caught and they kept their wins, why is he different? Surely it should be all or none really. EPO boosts performance by roughly 5% so clearly he was a good cyclist without it too (not condoning drug taking for one second by the way). I just don't think he should be singled out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I can't understand the obsession with Lance Armstrong's doping compared to every other cyclist who lied and took banned substances. Other Tour De France winners were caught and they kept their wins, why is he different? Surely it should be all or none really. EPO boosts performance by roughly 5% so clearly he was a good cyclist without it too (not condoning drug taking for one second by the way). I just don't think he should be singled out.
    because he ruined peoples lives and hid behind his cancer charity

he was a total cúnt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gil-laroya/understanding-how-bad-lan_b_2513561.html

because he ruined peoples lives and hid behind his cancer charity

he was a total cúnt

I am not disputing for one second he's a cúnt for what he did to people. But professionally, why would the UCI take just his wins when others did it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I am not disputing for one second he's a cúnt for what he did to people. But professionally, why would the UCI take just his wins when others did it too?
    but others have had there TDF wins taken away too, as recently as 4 years ago - Alberto Contador

but others have had there TDF wins taken away too, as recently as 4 years ago - Alberto Contador
    And yet he was riding this year again. Lance was banned outright. I am not a Lance fan, I just have noticed this the more my partner watches more cycling events.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

UFC is bullshít.

EDIT: also, to add this. That Brazilian that McGregor was fighting couldn't kick snow off a rope. So was a bit pointless, to be fair.

If it's Utah Fried Chicken you're talking about, I would disagree completely, it's actually much nicer than the Kentucky stuff, and the batter isn't as greasy.Their chips aren't great though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

EPO boosts performance by roughly 5% so clearly he was a good cyclist without it too (not condoning drug taking for one second by the way). I just don't think he should be singled out.

I think I heard someone say the difference between middle of the pack and finishing first in the TdF is the edge you get from that 5%. Yes you still have to train to get into the over 6W/kg range that elite cyclists are at but that 5% is what keeps the stamina up and outlast the other competitors.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Joe prim wrote: »
    If it's Utah Fried Chicken you're talking about, I would disagree completely, it's actually much nicer than the Kentucky stuff, and the batter isn't as greasy.Their chips aren't great though.

Even taking the extra cost into account? Utah Fried Chicken is a little moremoney.

I think I heard someone say the difference between middle of the pack and finishing first in the TdF is the edge you get from that 5%. Yes you still have to train to get into the over 6W/kg range that elite cyclists are at but that 5% is what keeps the stamina up and outlast the other competitors.

But they were all on it or something similar. But not my point, my point was the specific attack on one guy as opposed to throughout the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But they were all on it or something similar. But not my point, my point was the specific attack on one guy as opposed to throughout the sport.

I'd imagine was his extraordinarily high profile - how many cyclists are known to people outside of cycling fans? - and his ability to destroy people's reputations and his bully boy tactics with journalists and others on his team when he was at the peak of his career meant he was going to come crashing down when people started to find out the truth. There's something fascinating when you see someone who was held us an inspiration and a hero and their mask slips and you find out they were actually a total geebag.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It was his systematic abuse, bullying of fellow cyclists and anyone who questioned him, being a ringleader of the doping culture in cycling, etc. that brought it about. Saying he was unfairly singled out is overlooking the major salient points.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The crispy bits in Leo Burdocks chips are massively over rated. I'd rather go without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Lately a good many boardsies’ posts quote from other posters all the time nearly in every post they make. I do this too, but don't overdo it. I'd be too much of a stuck up self opinionated snark if I did overdo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Messi was disappointing in the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

I think chocolate ice cream is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I like the new numbering system of trivial things that annoy you...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The internet was a lot better before working class people started using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I think David Icke is right about pretty much everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

sabat wrote: »
    The internet was a lot better before working class people started using it.
    And there was only blue collar class and white collar class of worker. Now largely because of the internet the yellow collar class has emerged! ;D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Eva Mendes is not attractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think David Icke is right about pretty much everything.
    Especially the lizard-people ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Especially the lizard-people ;)

Well, just look at the queen. There's no way that is fully human.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Militant atheist types, they scrape their little hooves and blame all society's problems on religion, specifically the CC. The Irish kind are usually Baptised and confirmed, full made members who can never truly leave. LMAO....:pac:

If it wasn't for the CC they'd still be picking spuds out of a field, you think the Free State could have afforded to have ran an independent education system. First in the family to go to college, turn full on Leftie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I think that western countries intervening in wars far from their borders are absolutely fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The Master wrote: »
    Eva Mendes is not attractive

Rihanna is rotten looking too.

• Advertisement

I think Brad Pitt is really ugly. Even when he was young he was a minger but he looks even worse now. I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot bargepole. I'm female btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement