Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruire

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Well its fairly well established that intelligence has a strong genetic component. Twin studies have been used to confirm this.

How did they run controls? Have one twin brought up in Ballymun while the other goes to Harrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ruire wrote: »
    How did they run controls? Have one twin brought up in Ballymun while the other goes to Harrow?
    Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

talkinyite wrote: »
    Military service should be mandatory.

Like Israel? We wouldn't have much obesity among young people if that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

hondasam wrote: »
    They are my opinions and I don't care who agrees with them.

Yeah well, that's just like your opinion... man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

I dont like the fact that nearly every TV show on at the moment is trying to push homosexuality and lesbianism upon us.

Also there is no way gays should be allowed adopt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

zinx wrote: »
    I dont like the fact that nearly every TV show on at the moment is trying to push homosexuality and lesbianism upon us.

What!?

Give some examples please.

Also, do you actually know anyone who's become homosexual after having it pushed upon them by a TV programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

My extremely unpopular opinion, is probably very popular in reality, in that our mobile brethern are total scum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What!?

Also, do you actually know anyone who's become homosexual after having it pushed upon them by a TV programme?

American shows:
    Glee
    Grey's Anatomy
    Modern Family (although that's a comedy so not entirely serious)
    Was a lesbian story line in Desperate Housewives a season or two ago

Soaps:
    Corrie
    Eastenders
    Yyvone storyline on Fair City a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonniealan

Troubles in the middle east and the rest of the World are not solely caused by Isreal or the Isrealis. Anything remotely pro or moderate towards Isreal seems to wind alot of people up !

Shalom !

And more controvserely the wire was overated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

American shows:
    Glee
    Grey's Anatomy

Soaps:
    Corrie
    Eastenders

By the way, I'm not agreeing with the original post, just backing it up with examples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I don't think they are pushing it on us but it is certainly over represented. However, we are dealing with showbiz where luvvies are in abundance

American shows:
    Glee
    Grey's Anatomy

Soaps:
    Corrie
    Eastenders

I don't see how that's pushing homosexuality on people.

Those programmes simply feature gay characters.

In fact, most of the characters in those programmes are straight, so using zinx's logic, they're pushing heterosexuality far more strongly than they're pushing homosexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think opinions can be wrong!

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think opinions can be wrong!

I think your opinion is wrong.

*universe implodes*

What!?

Ok then,off the top of my head...

1.Eastenders-2 and a half homos in it.
    2.Corrie-2 lezzys and a gay who works in a KNICKER FACTORY
    3.Emmerdale-A psychotic homo who put the lad he was riding into a wheel chair and then poisioned him.
    4.Fair City-Another Lezzy
    5.Im A Celebrity-Full of them every season without fail.
    6.X-factor-Same as above only worse.
    7.Off The Rails-I hardly need to identify the gay in that,surely?

Im sure there are more but all of the above are big rating grabbers and I think there is an agenda to normalise being queer.Who knows how many of the producers/writers/directors are gaylords as well??

A sneaky campaign by elements of the media to push the gay agenda down peoples throat.

Horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

American shows:
    Glee
    Grey's Anatomy

Soaps:
    Corrie
    Eastenders

hmm, all those shows have more straight characters than gay. And how is showing gay people the same as 'pushing'?

EDIT: "normailise being queer", uh oh... it is normal lol, sure the Greeks did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

What!?

Not sure about it, but there seemed to be a faint undercurrent of lesbianism on "The L Word". Anyone else notice this?:pac:

3.Emmerdale-A psychotic homo who put the lad he was riding into a wheel chair and then poisioned him.

Im sure there are more but all of the above are big rating grabbers and I think there is an agenda to normalise being queer.Who knows how many of the producers/writers/directors are gaylords as well??

A sneaky campaign by elements of the media to push the gay agenda down peoples throat.

Horrible
    You're watching soaps, x-factor and off the rails. You sure you're not gay yourself?
    Whats this agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Horrible

As pointed out a while back, surely since these shows have more straight characters than gay, you could say they're forcing heterosexuality on people? Along with all the other shows on tv that don't have any gay characters.

In fact, most of the characters in those programmes are straight, so using zinx's logic, they're pushing heterosexuality far more strongly than they're pushing homosexuality.

Its only a matter of time before they have more flamers than hetros on TV.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot-that big goon of a lad dressing up in Corrie.Another weirdo invading our sitting room with his perverted lifestyle.

A good lash of 3/4 inch wavin across the back of the legs for these lads and it would soon staighten them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tjones64

gay people exist in real life too

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    You're watching soaps, x-factor and off the rails. You sure you're not gay yourself?
    Whats this agenda?

Check out the TAM ratings for those programmes and you will see they all are in the top ten everytime.

And no im not gay.

Are you?

Horrible

For most people homosexuality is a normal part of society.

Homosexuality is still under-represented overall on TV and in films in that there is a lower proportion of gay characters relative to the proportion of the population that is gay, so I don't see where the agenda is.

Check out the TAM ratings for those programmes and you will see they all are in the top ten everytime.

And no im not gay.

Are you?
    No need to get defensive. So they're popular shows that happen to have gay characters in them. And. Still dont see this agenda.

For most people homosexuality is a normal part of society.

There is nothing normal about a man sticking his willy up another mans backside or a woman being with another woman in a relationship.

We are here to procreate and advance the human race.

Gays dont want to do that but they want to adopt children so they feel better about themselves.

They would be better off getting a hamster for themselves and leaving child rearing to normal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot-that big goon of a lad dressing up in Corrie.Another weirdo invading our sitting room with his perverted lifestyle.
    You're watching Coronation Street????..... the presence of gay characters on tv is the least of your worries

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    You're watching Coronation Street????..... the presence of gay characters on tv is the least of your worries

Never said I watched any of them.

I prefer the history and discovery channels.

Some great stuff on there

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Mike Murphy annoys me a lot.
    I think Ed Sheerhan is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Horrible

It's not working because only halfwits watch this sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Zinx you hate gays, fair enough - not your fault, but no need for the silly "gay agenda" talk (what agenda?) and viewing the mere acknowledgement of their existence as forcing it on us. Or something. As said, they're in a minority on these shows anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement