Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LighterGuy wrote: »
    - People on boards are know it all's.

Doesnt matter what the subject is. People know everything and you know nothing. Only can speak for myself but if the thread is about something I dont know alot about, I dont post in it. Not for others sadly.

I especially love threads about society. Everyone is so "shrewd" :rolleyes:
    I personally am starting to wipe my ass with peoples opinions on here.

Besides the nature of the internet breads this. You could have some 18yo talking about how someone should handle a divorce :rolleyes: of course you dont know they are 18 and sure as hell act like they have "experience" with this :rolleyes: .. or some middle class knob acting like he knows what its like to be hard up ...
    You're on Boards too - it's always the other guys isn't it?
    I know there are people who go on the way you say, but the majority are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

zinx wrote: »
    There is nothing normal about a man sticking his willy up another mans backside or a woman being with another woman in a relationship.

We are here to procreate and advance the human race.

Gays dont want to do that but they want to adopt children so they feel better about themselves.

They would be better off getting a hamster for themselves and leaving child rearing to normal people.

I'm not going to continue discussing this with you as I'm not going to change your mind and you're entitled to your opinion anyway.

But I'm 100% certain that there is no gay agenda on TV.

Most TV programmes are American-produced and overall, homosexuality is less-accepted there than it is in Europe, so it wouldn't be completely in the best interests of networks to push a gay agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

Dudess wrote: »
    Zinx you hate gays, fair enough - not your fault,

I dont hate anyone and even if I did hate gays,why would you(with your 27,000 posts on an internet forum) reckon its "not my fault?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Hate people who flash their lights at me to warn me of an imminent speed camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Hate people who flash their lights at me to warn me of an imminent speed camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Never said I watched any of them.

I prefer the history and discovery channels.

Some great stuff on there

There's a lot of gays on the history channel, they were just closet gays.
    There's gay animals as well boo whoo.

Why are you so interested in the gays, wait don't answer I already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Yeah the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Potentially unpopular opinions
    Most English people are actually quite sound.
    Most Americans are actually pretty smart and know what's going on in the world.
    Irish people 'passionately' supporting English football teams in ****ing stupid.
    Grammer Nazis should be applauded, not slated.
    The Irish language should not be shoved down our throats on roadsigns and tv etc etc.
    There IS something very wrong with the Irish drinking culture, it's not all just a bit of craic!
    Chart/pop music is vastly inferior (generally) to Rock, R&B,Jazz, Folk etc.
    Being liberal does not mean you should automatically be in favour of abortion.

Let the abuse commence :-P

Zinx you hate gays, fair enough - not your fault,

I dont hate anyone and even if I did hate gays,why would you(with your 27,000 posts on an internet forum) reckon its "not my fault?"
    You hardly don't hate gays. And you can't help it if they make you uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Bassfish wrote: »
    Irish people 'passionately' supporting English football teams in ****ing stupid.
    The Irish language should not be shoved down our throats on roadsigns and tv etc etc.
    There IS something very wrong with the Irish drinking culture, it's not all just a bit of craic!

Abuse of what?
    Everything you have said there is fairly normal as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Chipped Nails

Crying on reality TV shows should equal automatic elimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

I'm not going to continue discussing this with you as I'm not going to change your mind and your entitled to your opinion anyway.

Most TV programmes are American-produced and overall, homosexuality is less-accepted there than it is in Europe, so it wouldn't be completely in the best interests of networks to push a gay agenda.

All the shows I mentioned are produced in the UK or here.

The gays bascially want to normalise their deviant practices by brainwashing the public through the medium of popular TV programmes.

I agree with all except the grammar nazi bit - what if someone is dyslexic or just doesn't have a good grasp of grammar/punctuation/spelling? Although really OTT textspeak looks dumb, and never ever using a full stop, comma or dash to indicate a pause looks lazy and can be difficult to read.

Crying on reality TV shows should equal automatic elimination.

Reality TV shows should all be banned.
    That would solve your issue too.

I'm not going to continue discussing this with you as I'm not going to change your mind and your entitled to your opinion anyway.

The gays bascially want to normalise their deviant practices by brainwashing the public through the medium of popular TV programmes.
    Nah, there's just an acknowledgement they exist, rather than denial.

Reality TV shows should all be banned.
    That would solve your issue too.

I love reality shows,just don't care much for the sob stories.

I love reality shows,just don't care much for the sob stories.

You do realise that they are told to do the sob stories, don't you?
    It's not just like they decide to bring up the dog that died in their arms when they were 10, in the middle of a singing competition!
    The producers get them to do that, and it's all edited to fcuk.
    So eliminating people who tell sob stories and cry is a touch on the thick side really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

From backpacking abroad my experience is that Americans are actually pretty sound, polite and respect the cultures/laws of the country they're in.....Canadians on the other hand tended be a right shower of arrogant pricks and always quick to play on the "oh we're not American, we're Canadian" to excuse themselves*

*I am fully aware of the irony, given the symmetry played out between the Irish/English here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Apple users,
    Console war,
    The student protest tomorrow,
    Anybody that wares Fatman/like Fatman pants
    Can All get lost

Nah, there's just an acknowledgement they exist, rather than denial.

Exactly.

These TV programmes simply feature gay characters, in neither a positive nor a negative light, and in smaller proportions than in reality.

If they were attempting to normalise these "deviant practices" they'd actually show them and wouldn't be so coy about actually showing gay sex.

I also don't think this "brainwashing" is working.
    Look at the uproar and fervent discussion about two gay characters sharing a very tame, very brief kiss on Modern Family.
    I also saw a clip from an American broadcast of Conan O'Brien's chat show where he officiated in a civil partnership, and the actual kiss between the couple was pixellated.

Though I don't hate gay people, so maybe I have been brainwashed... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Lobotomies for serial killers anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

hmmmm....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwcIEV-fEk- california on england-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWAuoGg4jY california on ireland-
    :D

You do realise that they are told to do the sob stories, don't you?
    It's not just like they decide to bring up the dog that died in their arms when they were 10, in the middle of a singing competition!
    The producers get them to do that, and it's all edited to fcuk.
    So eliminating people who tell sob stories and cry is a touch on the thick side really.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the concept of reality shows, but as this is a thread on opinions .... :rolleyes: never mind,this is a point not worth arguing.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the concept of reality shows, but as this is a thread on opinions .... :rolleyes: never mind,this is a point not worth arguing.

Did you not read the memo?
    Your opinions have to make sense! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

the guy kassamgee ^^ does california on'' '' lots of different places italy,france lots of places watch them there funny!

I hate John Lennon he was a good musician , horrible person.

I hate that people who voice an opinion on homosexuality thats not positive get horrendous abuse
    (I DONT AGREE WITH THEM BUT THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS TOO).

I think Rihanna is a trollop with no talent.
    I dont want the north back

Someone's just voiced a negative opinion on homosexuality and they didn't get horrendous abuse.

The closest thing to abuse I saw was in the slang words used by them to describe gay people, but I still wouldn't class that as abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

In my opinion, pickled onions from a jar is the best hangover cure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think this Government is just as bad as the last one.
    All dancing to Angela's tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Im a student who thinks fees should be brought back.................runs for the hills :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

eilo1 wrote: »
    Im a student who thinks fees should be brought back.................runs for the hills :pac: :pac: :pac:

I was just about to post that! They should by rights...improve the value of the degrees for people that do actually put in work and get rid of a lot of the wasters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement