Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Rezident

I think it's most likely that God made life because Dawkin's alternative: that life "spontaneously" appeared at odds of 100 billion billion to one, is spectacularly unlikely, I can't back a horse with those odds.

Not popular at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭mojesius

'Office attire' is really dated and makes everyone wearing it look instantly miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Rezident wrote: »
    I think it's most likely that God made life because Dawkin's alternative: that life "spontaneously" appeared at odds of 100 billion billion to one, is spectacularly unlikely, I can't back a horse with those odds.

Eh.. well Dawkins didn't really come up with that theory ya know!

I have a really hard time trying to tell myself that it is okay if people want to believe in magical men in the sky.
    I mean I know everyone has the right to an opinion, I just find some opinions so hard to let go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I think tramps should wear ciggy machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Being gay is a mental disorder or a lifestyle choice its not natural.

At least Gays contribute. I don't care if you choose being gay, if its a mental disorder or your born like it. The gay community don't bother me half as much as another community does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Eh.. well Dawkins didn't really come up with that theory ya know!

I have a really hard time trying to tell myself that it is okay if people want to believe in magical men in the sky.
    I mean I know everyone has the right to an opinion, I just find some opinions so hard to let go!

I was going to ask him why the odds of ''God'' ''spontaneously'' appearing would be any less when I realized maybe it's not a thread for discussing specific stuff or maybe it is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Life is just self-replicating molecules. Its nowhere near as fragile and amazing as people think.

Everything that humans do is natural. We're a part of nature. Do gay animals make lifestyle choices and have mental disorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The EU needs more -not less immigration and immigration controls across the EU should be reduced to a minimal level.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

People who value animals above humans are mentally ill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wearing clothes is not natural. Taking drugs is not natural. Cooking food is not natural. Driving a car is not natural. Reading is not natural. Vaccines aren't natural. The internet and tv aren't natural.

See where this is going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Nope, I've been fairly restrained this time, this was more of a "sit back with popcorn" thread for me. :D

Nice to see you be more lady like and less cat like tho you may need one nail to pic the pop corn out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

pbowenroe wrote: »
    People who value animals above humans are mentally ill.

I don't know about that. I'd sooner shed a tear over the death of a stray dog than I would for plenty of humans I'm aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

You really think the odds are better that a deity of infinite age, infinite wisdom and infinite power chose our little blue dot over all the other planets in the universe to mess with? Having created them all out of nothing?

Yeah, you're right, those odds have to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Foreign women are by far better looking then Irish

Foreign women are by far better looking then Irish
    Oh you've done it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The rugby team actually plays big major countries and beats them well.

Fair point, the rugby team has beaten S. African and Australia often enough. Ireland has a pretty poor record against top seeds in soccer.

When you compare the playing numbers, that cancels out the soccer is bigger argument. Rugby is smaller but they've the big countries, All Blacks excepted, that's for the French!

I hate people who spout pc, liberal at opinions. It's pretty safe to assume they don't have a clue what they are talking about, with the odd exception to the rule.

Also, had 4 slices of toast there. Anybody who doesn't like toast deserves the death penalty.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Oh you've done it now.

It's called Unpopular opinion for a reason :pac:

sheesh wrote: »
    I think religion is important to a society and getting rid of it would be a bad move.

I think people who think this are complete focking idiots.

I don't know about that. I'd sooner shed a tear over the death of a stray dog than I would for plenty of humans I'm aware of.

There is something wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Why is there something wrong with him?

Man rapes 10 women and dies. Would you shred a tear?

Innocent dog gets killed?

What are you more likely to find upsetting?

Because people shouldn't shred a tear over a human dying then they would a dog does not mean there's something wrong with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

So to take an extreme example: There's something wrong with me for getting far more upset over the death of my dog than over the death of Col. Ghadaffi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

There is definitely something wrong with me, I don't need you to tell me that.

But can you expand on what exactly you think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Everything that humans do is natural. We're a part of nature.s.

Okay going by that logic would you have a problem if i had sex consensual sex with a 13 year old boy considering everything humans do is "natural".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Religious people are more intolerant than non religious people.

The only thing worse than a religious person shoving their beliefs down your throat is an atheist trying to talk them out of it.

I think it's okay for people to be different.

Australians are more racist than any other nationality I've met.

I've never met a nice white South African male.

I cycle but don't run red lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The Government's developers demolished the birthplace of Bono's band.

The government were probably already angry with Bono's artistic talents. but Bertie is now an artist too ~ So Bono ~ IS Sound, literally. QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Okay going by that logic would you have a problem if i had sex consensual sex with a 13 year old boy considering everything humans do is "natural".

Well that could be seen as okay in some cultures.
    Just because our culture says it's wrong, doesn't make it true.

Anyway, I don't think you're getting the point that was made to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Religious people are more intolerant than non religious people.

The only thing worse than a religious person shoving their beliefs down your throat is an atheist trying to talk them out of it.

I think it's okay for people to be different.

Australians are more racist than any other nationality I've met.

I've never met a nice white South African male.

I cycle but don't run red lights.

That's sick.

Re south Africa there are 2 white Traditions the Boar one (not nice) the British tradition (very nice) that's my experience from knowing a bunch of South Africans in London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Anyway, I don't think you're getting the point that was made to you.

Your right i dont could you explain it to me again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement