Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They are cheap when spammed and use haphazardly for a random kill, not requiring any skill.
    They should be given to snipers like in BF2 as opposed to support, snipers made good use of them to cover ladders below them etc
    Support can spam them everywhere

I don't see what my stats have to do with it, but

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/soldier/SeanderMann/weapons/234582839/pc/

As you can see I have not used claymores, mines, mortars or even C4, i don't really like the support class.

Sean but Claymore's die with you (or used to) so hardly easy to spam with them (in the same way Engineer's did with AT Mines)

I think gadgets such as C4, Mortars, Claymores, AT Mines make the game more interesting. Otherwise it is just gun versus gun which is boring, for example you probably use the M416 and F2000 in the same format, e.g. red-dot, foregrip, suppressor or something.

Variety = spice of life

Not sure what the complaint about Claymores is about, I only got hit by one or two before now.

But playing yesterday on the bigger maps as an engineer, I was able to see any claymores and mines on the minimap :confused:, playing hardcore mode.

So they've either given everyone the opportunity to see the explosives or else it was an engineer only perk..... defo something that came in the patch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

matchmaking is non existant and ruins most games i enter as most of the other team is always colonels, their is no pint playing to die because some freak has no life and knows every aspect of the map all i want to do is have some craic and blow **** up its very frustrating cause these guys arent any good just camps or spammers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bazza1love

I had to join in the bitchin' n moaning' :mad:

Firstly i'm annoyed with the massive 3.9Gb update which is way too big, its like they redone the whole game(should have been put right after the beta version).

So started to download the whale of a file and with my slightly better than dial-up connection(line is 1.5Mb/s Best case scenario but realistically 5-700Kb/s) i was informed it would take 8hrs to download at 190Kb/s(roughly) so left it for 4 hrs to return and it was only at 40% complete and saying there was 7hrs left @ 90Kb/s, so i left it for another 3-4hrs and thus decided to pause it for a while to "surf the net". when i finished "surfing" i resumed the download and to my absolute HORROR it had resumed at 0.0% loosing the 3Gb/3.9Gb nearly finished download.
    And this was just a sec ago n im furious to have to do it again.

Ps. love the actual gameplay when im not updating

Bazza1love (bf3 FLushDaBuFFeR)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Firstly i'm annoyed with the massive 3.9Gb update which is way too big, its like they redone the whole game(should have been put right after the beta version).

rumour has it that the back to karkand content is in that 3.9 gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Was downloading the 3.9 GB update today. Went out for a while, came back, and it said "Download failed - internet connection error" at around 70-something percent. Thanks to 3 broadband, I started downloading at 11 this morning. Was due to finish around 6pm, but now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play - again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

USAS12 with frag rounds is a ****ing joke.
    Most overpowered weapon I've ever seen in a game.The range for such a weapon is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Most overpowered weapon I've ever seen in a game.The range for such a weapon is ridiculous.

Damn right. was playing cq on metro and one lad was absoutely taking the piss. Cant remember how many kills he got but it was ridiculous.

What I cant understand is why cant you customise the russian loadout from the my soldier menu? :confused: why this hasnt been sorted by now is a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is this recently? because it got nerfed on tuesday it was lethal before then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It was class before Tuesday, its not as good now! :( loved the usas. If you don't like other people using it try it yourself. It's not great at range either, you have to carefully take shots with it. Most other people would take you out quicker with any assault rifle at a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Can you still make sh1t of hmmv and vodniks with it? Absolutely love doing that.

Is this recently? because it got nerfed on tuesday it was lethal before then.
    Today.
    I kept thinking it was a tank shooting at me,it's not so much the damage that annoyed me,it was when I seen where he was shooting from,fair enough if he's beside me but not half way across the map.
    Edit: this on ps3 by the way so probably wasn't patched.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The game is **** post-patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Can you still make sh1t of hmmv and vodniks with it? Absolutely love doing that.

Yes you can!! :) Took out a hmmv & a Little Bird with it yesterday! I think you just need one shot at things now

It has not been patched yet on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

The update has ruined the performance on my PC (i7,gtx 570) Sometimes when I turn the movements are very jerky, its ruining my k/d ratio.
    Still hate the crap spawning positions, thought that would have been sorted by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Anyone else having issues with their gun models just vanishing? I can still aim down the sights per say but I have nothing showing, can still shoot also. Usually have to switch weapons to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Came across the worst fault in the game today. Some guy got 27000 points in hardcore conquest but had no kills. Seemed fishy. Folliwed him next game turns out he just repairs his mates eod bot at the back of our spawn in a corner for an entire game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

conbob wrote: »
    Came across the worst fault in the game today. Some guy got 27000 points in hardcore conquest but had no kills. Seemed fishy. Folliwed him next game turns out he just repairs his mates eod bot at the back of our spawn in a corner for an entire game!

this has been a problem since launch day. along with dudes repairing choppers from inside while their teamate flies. that really gets on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Schwiiing wrote: »

this has been a problem since launch day. along with dudes repairing choppers from inside while their teamate flies. that really gets on my tits.

Only noticed it today. Back to normal mode for me. Shocking

Only noticed it today. Back to normal mode for me. Shocking

its in normal mode aswell. if you see it again note the usernames and report them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Only thing that bothers me a lot at the minute is the mortar. Cheap on all levels and I don't know how Dice decided that it could be deployed in a restricted area. Genius have a weapon were you can stay in spawn and can't be reached by the other team.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Only thing that bothers me a lot at the minute is the mortar. Cheap on all levels and I don't know how Dice decided that it could be deployed in a restricted area. Genius have a weapon were you can stay in spawn and can't be reached by the other team.

all they have to do is select the mortar themselves and land 1 on top you. ive done loads of times and they eventually get the message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Haven't played in a few days and had scanned this thread which mentioned a 3.9gb patch.

So on 3 separate occasions over the last few days I went to origin, right clicked on Battlefield 3 and chose "Check for updates". It told me the game was updated so I assumed the patch had downloaded silently in the background.

I went to play the game just now and when I tried to join a server it told me I needed to update.

Brilliant. Now I have to wait for a patch to install in the only part of the day I had a chance to play.

What kind of monkey adds a "Check for updates" option to a context menu which doesn't do anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CrazyFish wrote: »

You're kidding I hope. The Mortar needs a serious buff.

Firstly, they only have a range of about 250m, it's almost a 5sec reload for each shell, there is next to no splash damage and you need to get a direct hit just about to kill someone, they are seriously underpowered.

Like the poster above says, easy to counter, all a support player has to do is get his own mortar out and aim for the enemy one, so easy to counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

karma_ wrote: »
    You're kidding I hope. The Mortar needs a serious buff.

Firstly, they only have a range of about 250m, it's almost a 5sec reload for each shell, there is next to no splash damage and you need to get a direct hit just about to kill someone, they are seriously underpowered.

Like the poster above says, easy to counter, all a support player has to do is get his own mortar out and aim for the enemy one, so easy to counter.

If they buff them every game of conquest would turn into 6 or 7 players on each team just launching mortars on the flags.It would be a disaster.

Lag is unbearable,end up quitting most games now.
    My ping isn't great at 80ms but it seems like everyone else has the advantage.
    I shoot someone,they shoot back,I die,they have 100% health,every ****ing game is the same since the patch.

Lag is unbearable,end up quitting most games now.
    My ping isn't great at 80ms but it seems like everyone else has the advantage.
    I shoot someone,they shoot back,I die,they have 100% health,every ****ing game is the same since the patch.

Have you checked the latency to stability slider?

It seems it's default is set u to full which gives the best visual experience but can seriously hurt latency,

I put mine at half last night and the improvement was amazing.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

It seems it's default is set u to full which gives the best visual experience but can seriously hurt latency,

I'm on ps3 :(
    No such options for poor us

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Where is this latency slider you speak of???The lag is killing me since the patch.Thought it was my Broadband acting up.Even earlier on Craggy which is usually dead stable Im getting serious lag--You know when you can see your squad mates just before you respawn they were jumping all over the place.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Where is this latency slider you speak of???The lag is killing me since the patch.Thought it was my Broadband acting up.Even earlier on Craggy which is usually dead stable Im getting serious lag--You know when you can see your squad mates just before you respawn they were jumping all over the place.

its in options its the bottom slider either in gameplay or video. Think its gameplay.

Advertisement