Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I was quite disappointed that DICE didn't put in more features to force/encourage squad play.

-you could argue automatically putting people in squads putting points ahead of kills in the scoreboard and giving out *a lot* of points for teamwork actions (healing, resupplying spotting etc) should be more then enough to encourage teamplay.

But they removed the auto squading cause it wasnt working right and interfered with people trying to squad up with friends.

Which is good when with mates, but a shame when you are playing alone and are forgetful like me and dont remember to squad up until your 2nd or 3rd death.

As for the rest you can serve kids a healthy balanced meal, doesnt mean they will eat it...
    People still run off and try and do their own thing, not realizing what they are missing out on and not really facing much penalty. The game simply doesn't work when everyone plays it like this.

Of all the issues with BF3 I have one that actually explains away pretty much 70-80% of them.

The game is completely lacking in a tutorial of any kind.

Quite frankly, I like battlelog I think it has great potential to take the series further, but it is a poor introduction to battlefield and there has been some arrogance on DICE's part assuming everybody knows how to play the game.

BF veterans get thrown by how tried and tested features have been changed and those completely new to BF are simply lost as nothing is ever explained in the game.

Over half the upgrades on the vehicles are a mystery to most players, there is meant to be one permanent upgrade for each one, but aside from the helicopter and tank I dont know what they are? Nobody knows how to work the Soflam or TUG and the javelin has been discarded as useless because people dont know how to works with laser guiding.

This game badly needed a manual or tutorial that was easily accessible. Some people like me have fun working out how things work, but one look at the battlelog forum shows most just get pissed and give up.

I'd say if there was a comprehensive manual a vast number of the bitching about weapon balances and add ons like the lights and laser pointers would go away cause most of it comes down to people not knowing things (like T can turn off flashlights...when does the game ever tell you that?) or how to adjust the map size by pressing N.

These are things I found out by experimenting and sadly most kids today lack my patience to play with a game's loadout to get a feel for its features.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

ktulu123 wrote: »
    In fairness I can vouch for your mad MAV skills! Fair play I say, keep annoying teams. I absolutely love the MAV, its so handy when your trying to cap a base too!

Edit: Here I was looking at your Battlelog profile there, it says you have 733 kills with the MAV!! Jesus!

HAH! I guess I went a bit overboard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

@Mossay ha maybe a tad

@Blitzkrieg Your absolutely spot on, they should of had a manual or tutorial of some sort. Even the guy in BF2 that told you everything when you were doing it in your first few matches. While annoying if you knew what you were doing it was deffo handy for some.

One thing thats really annoying me, when your in a tank and a Helicopters shooting you and you can't see anything but black smoke, absolute load of ****e, why should they get free aim at you when you don't get it back.

It's like the tactical light :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Speaking of the tac light I was just on a team that got creamed playing RU on Conquest Op Metro because they all had their lights switched on and camping behind the ticket office. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This game is a c*nt , an absolute c*nt and I hate it. I have yet to play 5 minutes of the multiplayer without it crashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Getting serious lag on ps3 last few days.
    Don't stand a chance in a 1v1 as I have to empty a whole clip into someone before they drop :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,041 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Stev_o wrote: »
    This game is a c*nt , an absolute c*nt and I hate it. I have yet to play 5 minutes of the multiplayer without it crashing.

Start a thread about it and we'll try to help ya

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

downloading the 1.02 version and its taking forever! its only 770 odd mb, why is it taking so long?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/b9d4cdd4-f58a-4724-ace1-35784fc735cf/

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Game4it' (for 0 minutes) ... Sorry, players from Ireland are not allowed." [Admin Decision]

Sons of B!tches imo wtf and why :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

game4it70 wrote: »
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/b9d4cdd4-f58a-4724-ace1-35784fc735cf/

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Game4it' (for 0 minutes) ... Sorry, players from Ireland are not allowed." [Admin Decision]

That link is 404, but it appears they're using a geo checking script to kick people. Irritatingly this kind of scumbaggery is allowed by EA's conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Unfortunately it's part of the new EU bail out.

Spear wrote: »
    That link is 404, but it appears they're using a geo checking script to kick people. Irritatingly this kind of scumbaggery is allowed by EA's conditions.
    Link works for me,must be down to my cookies.
    FR Les Ramollis de la Molette [RdLm] #CQ is the name of server.

Hard to believe that they are able/allowed to run a script like that.

Unfortunately it's part of the new EU bail out.
    Lol at this stage nothing would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Link works for me,must be down to my cookies.
    FR Les Ramollis de la Molette [RdLm] #CQ is the name of server.

Hard to believe that they are able/allowed to run a script like that.

I've been on plenty of servers for various different games that proclaim in their rules that it is an English speaking server only. This just seems to be a stricter implementation of that.

Seifer wrote: »
    I've been on plenty of servers for various different games that proclaim in their rules that it is an English speaking server only. This just seems to be a stricter implementation of that.

I dont think that rule is a major issue as you can still play and not type anything no matter where you live ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Update comes out on Steam: automatic, and installs when it comes out.

Update comes out on Origin: it tells me to "please install update". Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

the_syco wrote: »
    Update comes out on Steam: automatic, and installs when it comes out.

Update comes out on Origin: it tells me to "please install update". Gah.

I opened up origin now, just in from work.
    Downloaded automatically without prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I opened up origin now, just in from work.
    Downloaded automatically without prompt

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else getting killed by claymores the second they move after being spawned??? Playing TDM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I cannot believe what just happened.Playing conquest on Operation Metro on PS3. Strolled over to one of the stairs with the SAW.There was like 9 enemies there.I just paniced and held down the trigger.Killed them all and was delighted with myself.

Turned around to the computer.......Wasnt recording:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sick of the VOIP not working. >68 hrs now playing and I think my frustration is showing.

Saiga 12k overpowered. Unlocked last few days and hammering people... too easy

Anybody else getting killed by claymores the second they move after being spawned??? Playing TDM

I'd say I have only been killed <10 times with Claymores but have over 160 kills myself so I am not giving out. Love em!

They're so cheap.
    I refrain from using them completely

In saying that, because most maps are so big, and a lot of vehicles, I've probably only been done in about 4 or 5 times total.

Thought the claymores were p1ss poor in the game, easilly spotted, any explosion nearby and it triggers them and they were never placed where i want them to go. Think i've been killed by 1 once maybe twice. Now C4's another story altogether, i love that stuff, so many ways to kill with, love planting it on a wall with enemies the other side, or planting enough to crash the house on their heads.

They're so cheap.
    I refrain from using them completely

In saying that, because most maps are so big, and a lot of vehicles, I've probably only been done in about 4 or 5 times total.

Cheap, why?

They are good in Seine Crossing, Metro and will be good on the new maps (mostly).

I think they are great fun... I love it. I purposely discharge my gun so dumbass enemies will run up the stairs and BANG (Claymore) ha ha

Let me see your stats before you judge something as 'cheap'?

They are cheap when spammed and use haphazardly for a random kill, not requiring any skill.
    They should be given to snipers like in BF2 as opposed to support, snipers made good use of them to cover ladders below them etc
    Support can spam them everywhere

I don't see what my stats have to do with it, but

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/soldier/SeanderMann/weapons/234582839/pc/

As you can see I have not used claymores, mines, mortars or even C4, i don't really like the support class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Climbing over stuff can be very frustrating sometimes, nothing worse than getting killed while trying to climb over a wall and the bastard just won't do it! :pac:

especially the chest mid height walls, where the animation kicks in, but you have to go a few feet down the wall to where it works. Happens all the time on that Docks levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

especially the chest mid height walls, where the animation kicks in, but you have to go a few feet down the wall to where it works. Happens all the time on that Docks levels
    And the railings at the cafe on metro,always end up humping the railing trying to get over it.

• Advertisement

Bazaar coming from the russian side and heading to C, every feckin time its takes 2 to 3 tries to hop that fence.

Advertisement