Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FPS doubled by moving that slider :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Constant crash feast now after the enormous update.

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Tried Metro 64 last night to see what all the craic was about. 900 tickets of sheer chaos. and not in a good way. What the fck were they thinking? It felt like cheating even being there...revive, revive, snipe, ammo...and realistically there's nothing they can do to stop it as it's a legit gametype and map :|

There really doesnt' seem like any way to fix it without re-designing the whole map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone else on ps3 spawning and having a near empty clip straight away??
    It's just happening at random,sometimes even from the start of a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tried Metro 64 last night to see what all the craic was about. 900 tickets of sheer chaos. and not in a good way. What the fck were they thinking? It felt like cheating even being there...revive, revive, snipe, ammo...and realistically there's nothing they can do to stop it as it's a legit gametype and map :|

There really doesnt' seem like any way to fix it without re-designing the whole map.

Yeah was on craggy the other night 64 player metro or close to it.....****IN MINDLESS bollocks it is. Constant M320/RPG clowns firing from any CORNER they can find while some numpty give them support creates. No reflection on the server its the same on every ****in server with metro running. :rolleyes:

I dont even have the 64 player option ticked for the server list....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

"Whats my ping" is getting very annoying at the moment, not the persons fault but the patch's fault for showing everyone elses ping except yours. Although it does make the "noob <insert random weapon>" texts quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

FAMAS. Wait till ye PC and 360 lads have B2K and then be prepared to be killed once every three times by Mr. Overpowered Gun, Famas. It is a joke at this stage and one that isn't funny.

The gun can take someone down way too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Metro 64 is just silly. Metro map is silly all together.

It needs some redesign. Some sort of flanking corridors from A to B and from B to C . It's very easy to bottleneck at the moment. Those bastards with constant spamming of rpg and m320 can go and flip themselfs....

Metro 64 is just silly. Metro map is silly all together.

It needs some redesign. Some sort of flanking corridors from A to B and from B to C . It's very easy to bottleneck at the moment. Those bastards with constant spamming of rpg and m320 can go and flip themselfs....

I love Metro but never played it at anything more than 12 v 12 (PS3). It is brilliant in same dozes as it is so tighly contested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I dont even have the 64 player option ticked for the server list....

Same, 32man usually, else 48max....was the same for BF2. 64 is just stupid espiecially on maps like metro, Tehran and the market

My biggest worry is that there will be a mass shift to Karkand INF only servers.
    If you try find a 32man Karkand with vehicles on BF2 it's impossible, just inf only everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Can't play tonight thanks to my crap 3 connection. See my rant to Three here. It was time for action - past a joke at this stage.

Just came off a server where a guy admitted to hacking, had 49-2 k/d

Was running around with a LMG just aimbotting everything

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Movementking/#

Just got all my clan to report him, doubt EA will do anything though..also,..they make the report icon very small and inconspicuos.
    Its there in the right hand top corner of that page i linked, basically a tiny caution sign to the right of add friend.

There's the battlereport

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9875093/1/234582839/

Another one, 102 - 1

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9703571/1/301205417/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*SIGH* I had a problem when I was using my computers core unlocker a while back that caused my framerate to dip now and then. I turned it off and everything was fine.

now randomly it has returned today and I cant place why??? Really pissing me off.

Did you try that slider option for latency that someone mentioned earlier ?

I was the one who mentioned it :D

yeah I put it down to 0. Its not latency related its to do with my cores, I dont know if the patch did some optimisation to better support quad cores or something and now i need to go turn the unlocker back on?

I'm testing a few alternatives atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

I hate frag rounds with the usas, so many people running around with it. Also really dislike claymores, just littered everywhere.

Also hate my team mates, why do they insist on putting c4 around the object you defend in rush? It might get them one kill but they end up losing the objective cause when I try to disarm it a mortar strike will kill me in one shot instead of just 50% damage.

USAS was twice as bad before the patch last week. Frag rounds were effective from miles away.

Actually the one i did prefer on BC2 was rush because the m-coms were destructable too, you could literally bring the house down on them or chip away at them o with tanks or explosives. Is it me or was it harder to defend on bc2 than bf3?

USAS was twice as bad before the patch last week. Frag rounds were effective from miles away.

Actually the one i did prefer on BC2 was rush because the m-coms were destructable too, you could literally bring the house down on them or chip away at them o with tanks or explosives. Is it me or was it harder to defend on bc2 than bf3?

numerous reasons for that.

1. MCOMS stop their countdown when you are disarming so unlike BC2 where after a certain point it was pointless to try for a hail mary pass there can and have been numerous last ditch efforts to disarm that have succeeded.

2. Its a hell of alot quicker to arm and disarm MCOMS. BC2 was quicker then BC1 for arming disarming but BF3 is stupidly quick in comparsion to both of them. Makes it harder to catch the arming person with C4 unless you are camping it and waiting to pull the trigger and you can get in and arm quicker then someone lobbing a grenade into the mcom station.

I say the thing about BC2 in comparison to BF3 is that BC2 was made for Rush so all the maps were outstanding as Rush maps, but the conquest versions were very bland.

BF3 on the other hand has mostly tried to have maps that were good for both modes, but never really outstandin in either.

There are exceptions, damavand Peak is an awesome rush map, but alot of people look down on it as a conquest map.

Firestorm similarly is seen as an awesome conquest map but a rather bland rush map.

Its also why I stand by Kharg Island being hands down the best map in the game because it is both the best balanced large conquest map and an excellent rush map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I would add Caspian Border as a great conquest map but poor rush map. Quiet a few times I've found myself defending the first set of mcomms when they're taken out only to have to run back to the next set on foot to have them taken out before I even make it back. It's actually better to suicide and respawn than to attempt to foot it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Since this is bitching and moaning, wtf were they thinking with the first part of Firestorm rush? If you don't get a vehicle it takes minutes to walk to the mcoms. Either fill the base with jeeps or move the spawn up. Really poor design there.

As mentioned Damvand Peak is definitely the best and not just cause of the awesome jump off the cliff bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    2. Its a hell of alot quicker to arm and disarm MCOMS. BC2 was quicker then BC1 for arming disarming but BF3 is stupidly quick in comparsion to both of them. Makes it harder to catch the arming person with C4 unless you are camping it and waiting to pull the trigger and you can get in and arm quicker then someone lobbing a grenade into the mcom station.
    I had to lie in wait with the C4 to get my M-com Defender ribbon, you have to kill four guys as they are arming the objective which is a seriously short window!
    Looking back its was fun as you have to stay really close, less than 10M, to the station so you hear the beep but still out of sight, felt like Solid Snake :cool: but really its so stupid as I was hoping for the enemy team to breakthrough :rolleyes:

Also was having fun with the USAS and unlocked the 100 kills dogtag except it has a picture of a SPAS12 on it :confused:

I had to lie in wait with the C4 to get my M-com Defender ribbon, you have to kill four guys as they are arming the objective which is a seriously short window!
    Looking back its was fun as you have to stay really close, less than 10M, to the station so you hear the beep but still out of sight, felt like Solid Snake :cool: but really its so stupid as I was hoping for the enemy team to breakthrough :rolleyes:

Also was having fun with the USAS and unlocked the 100 kills dogtag except it has a picture of a SPAS12 on it :confused:

Thats the only ribbon I havnt got yet :( It goes against my style of play to camp an Mcom with C4. Though I really want that ribbon!

There are 3 I don't have, the mcom one which I will camp out if I get the other two during play.
    The two squad swipes in one round; I think I may have missed my chance with this as now that you don't get auto-squaded it seems a lot harder to achieve.
    And the get two kills with an emplacement. Can anyone confirm this works with the bazooka emplacments or is it just the anti-air ones?

Seifer wrote: »
    There are 3 I don't have, the mcom one which I will camp out if I get the other two during play.
    The two squad swipes in one round; I think I may have missed my chance with this as now that you don't get auto-squaded it seems a lot harder to achieve.

Size of the squad is irrelevant you can get it from a squad with only 2 members
    And the get two kills with an emplacement. Can anyone confirm this works with the bazooka emplacments or is it just the anti-air ones?

Bazooka emplacements work. Thats how I did it on a caspian border server at Hilltop.

Size of the squad is irrelevant you can get it from a squad with only 2 members

Bazooka emplacements work. Thats how I did it on a caspian border server at Hilltop.
    I didn't say anything about squad size? It's just the fact there are less squads running around because people don't join them.

Cool, I think the bazooka is the way to go so. Tried sitting in the anti-air ones but it's boring and pretty ineffective unless the pilot is a moron.

I didn't say anything about squad size? It's just the fact there are less squads running around because people don't join them.

Cool, I think the bazooka is the way to go so. Tried sitting in the anti-air ones but it's boring and pretty ineffective unless the pilot is a moron.

Yeah but the squads that are around now tend to be smaller which means it doesnt require you hunting down 4 members, you can just as easily wipe a squad by taking out a single tank or chopper now then before.

Damavand rush is your best chance, play as a defender and on the last section by the tunnels, there's a TOW. Basically pick off the tank or jeep as it comes down the tunnel. Or keep an eye on the side entrance to the tunnels as guys run out. got about 7-8 kills that way.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just came off a server where a guy admitted to hacking, had 49-2 k/d

Was running around with a LMG just aimbotting everything

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Movementking/#

Just got all my clan to report him, doubt EA will do anything though..also,..they make the report icon very small and inconspicuos.
    Its there in the right hand top corner of that page i linked, basically a tiny caution sign to the right of add friend.

There's the battlereport

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9875093/1/234582839/

Another one, 102 - 1

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9703571/1/301205417/

Thanks God I play on PS3 - that is nonsense carry on.

I like the destructionable (new word!!) Mcomms on BC2 too but in some cases it lead to tank sniping which bored me silly (Arica Harbour first bases and second bases in particular). Glad it is gone overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats the only ribbon I havnt got yet :( It goes against my style of play to camp an Mcom with C4. Though I really want that ribbon!

I use it as an attacker, set charge throw down C4.....run away.... they always check the obvious spots then BOOM!!! usually get a few kills with it.

Always wondered if they seen it and had an "oh ****" moment :D

Advertisement