Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Thank you..Thats a pity..
    you're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 21 villacud

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Any recommendation of a good architect in the Nenagh area that will take care of plans and work with planners?

Thanks

http://www.siteassessor.com/db/c/john-joe-lewis-architectural-services-tipperary.html

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Any regular car boot sales in our around the Nenagh area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

where can i get homebrew equipment in nenagh ?

philstar wrote: »
    where can i get homebrew equipment in nenagh ?
    I'd suggest having a look in Tesco. They used to sell this stuff a few years back, when it started becoming a popular pursuit.

If you can't find it anywhere in Nenagh, I'd suggest ordering it from an Irish provider online. You'll probably save money, and certainly have a far bigger selection available to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There used to be a few places in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

All things homebrew seem to be online - its a bit of a pain when you order something and only realise you're missing something small when you start to brew. Homebrew company are in Mountmellick which I;ve called into once or twice- not exactly Nenagh, but if you're going to Dublin for something can be handy for a slight detour. There's another online store in Galway and few in Dublin so limited from a physical shop point of view.

We have a kind of club going in Limerick - meet up from time to time - check out National Homebrew Club (the forum has no end of knowledge and information), there's a few of us around Ballina and Birdhill if you're ever interested in linking in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

cider is my thing,

while i'm at it...is there anywhere around where i can get my apples pulped & juiced ?

(seed savers in scarrif don't do it anymore, which is a shame)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Not too sure about the cider, I ve only made it from already juiced apples.
    There is a place in cahir the apple farm, they ve a campsite also. I believe they sell juice, they might let you use a press there.

If you don't have loads and loads and you do have loads and loads of patience you coil try what's mentioned in the link attached. I wouldn't hold out too much hope of huge success though.
    processing apples
    http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/cider-perry-wine-mead/processing-apples/

oh i've made it before with my own apples...no problems..came out perfect

just to find a place that will pulp & juice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Any regular car boot sales in our around the Nenagh area?

No but there is talk of one, do you think it would get much business

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jimmy 3 times

I see the new development at the old O'Connors shopping centre site got the go ahead. Anyone know what's going in there? Can't find any links to plans online.

I see the new development at the old O'Connors shopping centre site got the go ahead. Anyone know what's going in there? Can't find any links to plans online.
    I passed it today with my son and he heard the council were after taking it over. Thank God something is going to be done with it. It's an awful eye sore in that part of the town.

tringle wrote: »

Great question: One way to find out :)
    I know I would have a load of stuff to sell, one man's junk is another's treasure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

There will be a Pop Up Gaeltacht in Rocky Sullivan's Pub (Uí Shúilleabháin) on Tuesday night,October 24th from 7.30p.m.
    Anyone interested in speaking a little bit of Irish,or a lot of Irish,drinks and a bit of craic,please do come along-bígí linn!

I think it would do extremely well.

Smaller towns like Fethard already have hugely successful car boot sales. I was at one in Nenagh a few years back (during the recession), and it seemed to do very well. The success of local 'sales of work' would also suggest that there is a big appetite for this kind of event.

i'm surprised it doesn't already exist, tbh.

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I passed it today with my son and he heard the council were after taking it over. Thank God something is going to be done with it. It's an awful eye sore in that part of the town.

Hearing boots and penny's going in.... find that very hard to believe

natashaob6 wrote: »

Hearing boots and penny's going in.... find that very hard to believe
    Joey must be spinning in his grave

Unfortunately another person has lost their life to suicide in Nenagh. I believe the man was in his 70s and quiet well known around the town. Apparently he drove to Castle Lough and his body was recovered on Wednesday. This has become an epedemic and it seems to be getting worse. I would like to offer my condolences to his unfortunate family who are going through this horrible nightmare at this time. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Unfortunately another person has lost their life to suicide in Nenagh. I believe the man was in his 70s and quiet well known around the town. Apparently he drove to Castle Lough and his body was recovered on Wednesday. This has become an epedemic and it seems to be getting worse. I would like to offer my condolences to his unfortunate family who are going through this horrible nightmare at this time. May he rest in peace.
    I heard this at work on Wednesday and couldn't believe it.
    Yes, he was really well known.
    And yes,this is an epidemic,affecting people of ALL ages.

Awful.

• Advertisement

I knew the man well years ago. The whole thing is a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Unfortunately, though, it would appear that there were reasons why this man took his own life.
    Doesn't ease the pain for his family.
    RIP

Vizzy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, though, it would appear that there were reasons why this man took his own life.
    Doesn't ease the pain for his family.
    RIP
    Yes I knew him very well and I know the circumstances surrounding his untimely death. I agree it doesn't make thing any easier for his poor family. May he rest in peace.

Bad flloding along Nenagh river. Bridges at Ballyaratella and Annabeg impassible, localised flooding in many rural roads into town. Be careful.

Thurles road flooded at Kilkeary

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mart72

Hi all,
    I'm in hunt for the house and noticed new properties for sale in drummlin village in Nenagh.
    Any opinions about area? Is it good for family with kids? Price for the house is within my range and given it is new house we are thinking towards buying. Really appreciate any help as i'm not familiar with area. Also anyone know if area where it is build was good for site i.e. not swamp etc.
    Thanks
    Mart

Mart72 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm in hunt for the house and noticed new properties for sale in drummlin village in Nenagh.
    Any opinions about area? Is it good for family with kids? Price for the house is within my range and given it is new house we are thinking towards buying. Really appreciate any help as i'm not familiar with area. Also anyone know if area where it is build was good for site i.e. not swamp etc.
    Thanks
    Mart

Looks good, no flooding but check how each house is built. Also ask how many will be sold privately and how many will go for social housing. It's a nice area, I would like to live in there if I knew who my neighbours would be. Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Looks good, no flooding but check how each house is built. Also ask how many will be sold privately and how many will go for social housing. It's a nice area, I would like to live in there if I knew who my neighbours would be. Best wishes.

How would you go about checking how many would go for social housing?

bawn79 wrote: »
    How would you go about checking how many would go for social housing?

Sorry I have no idea...just ask around. Can't remember who said it to me, maybe ask the selling agent.

• Advertisement

Outside Nenagh seems to be getting wired up for Fibre to the Home, poles on my road have the cables ran and on the main road I see they have the black box up the pole, terminating the cables since late December.

I have the "Great news you will be connected from Oct to Dec 2017" message from Eir but heard nothing since. From what I can see only 9 properties have been turned on but they appear to be taking a while to enable the rest anyone have any insights on what could be the delay?

Advertisement