Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Agree but heard Costa going into new location next to Lidl and Lana the Asia street food chain is going into brew bros location in town.

Surprised Costa isnt opening that stand alone unit out in streeme. Would get a lot of custom out there between first data the council office and general customera from the retail park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Does anyone know an honest decent person who would cut grass for elderly and be good value also? Please private message me if you dont wish to post here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Surprised Costa isnt opening that stand alone unit out in streeme. Would get a lot of custom out there between first data the council office and general customera from the retail park
    I know mad would be ideal for it. Instead an Iceland is going in next to Aldi which I fine just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Apparently nobody knows who actually owns the building, but yeah, it's made for a Costa or similar.

But Iceland is just a bizarre one, especially since Nenagh is clearly crying out for another supermarket :rolleyes:

And to think unit 7 could have been a bowling alley :o

honeybear wrote: »
    Already some very good coffee shops in Nenagh

The coffee out of D'Mothers is exceptional i must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

ibFoxer wrote: »
    The coffee out of D'Mothers is exceptional i must say.

Never been

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

I know mad would be ideal for it. Instead an Iceland is going in next to Aldi which I fine just weird.

Any idea when Iceland are moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

When is the new lidl opening?

frosty123 wrote: »
    When is the new lidl opening?
    hearing later this week,  the existing one will close for 3 days

hearing later this week,  the existing one will close for 3 days

6th of September be be exact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any special offers/deals for the opening event

any been in it??

i went there at the weekend and to be honest with you i don't like it...too big too busy..staff running around the place with headsets very corporate...i prefer the old one more relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

any been in it??

i went there at the weekend and to be honest with you i don't like it...too big too busy..staff running around the place with headsets very corporate...i prefer the old one more relaxed

Was in on Thursday and it looked good,but was way too busy.
    I imagine people are curious and after a week or two half the customers will have migrated back to Aldi.
    Regarding offers,there's a loyalty card thing with special offers over the next few weeks (33% of fruit and veg,tenner off on 50 euro spent etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

any been in it??

Staff just getting used to it. It always was going to be very busy these last few days with everyone going to have a look. Dont see how in any way the place is corporate with staff using head sets. Its like that in many of Lidls other stores so not exactly any different to anywhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Haven’t been yet but if the staff are the same, they’ll do very well-could not fault their friendliness and helpfulness

It's very hectic at the moment but it will calm down.

It's a great looking store and in line with all the flagship ones on the continent, I predict it will go from strength to strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just back from taking a look. I like it much better than the old one.

Staff just getting used to it. It always was going to be very busy these last few days with everyone going to have a look. Dont see how in any way the place is corporate with staff using head sets. Its like that in many of Lidls other stores so not exactly any different to anywhere else in the country.

really:confused:

well ive never seen it, not in the ones in Limerick anyway....its hard to engage with staff if they're on call ....i just get the feeling in this new store they want you in and..out, like a conveyor belt of shoppers

maybe as others said it'll calm down after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Apologies if off topic or in the wrong place. I’m looking to advertise a night class I’m running in Nenagh where is best place to put a poster? Tesco used to have a community notice board but I haven’t seen it there for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

michaelm wrote: »
    Apologies if off topic or in the wrong place. I’m looking to advertise a night class I’m running in Nenagh where is best place to put a poster? Tesco used to have a community notice board but I haven’t seen it there for some time.

Try nenagh buy and sell facebook page or the nenagh.ie page??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

really:confused:

well ive never seen it, not in the ones in Limerick anyway....its hard to engage with staff if they're on call ....i just get the feeling in this new store they want you in and..out, like a conveyor belt of shoppers

maybe as others said it'll calm down after a while
    Yeah seen it quite a bit in Galway/elsewhere.
    And any supermarket wants customers in/out like conveyor belt. Thats the point for them..
    And of course it'll calm down. Lots going in just to have look and it'll calm soon after newness of place wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jesonnn

Hello everyone!
    can someone please tell me the situation with the Drummin Village estate in Nenagh? is that good place for living? they are selling more houses now with good price, any ideas or concerns about? thank you

So Lana thai restaurant is coming to Nenagh, anyone know when it's opening?

So Lana thai restaurant is coming to Nenagh, anyone know when it's opening?

Kenyon St as far as I know, where Brew Bros were

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Kenyon St as far as I know, where Brew Bros were
    Know that, just wondering when.

Know that, just wondering when.

Sorry, i read it as where, i have zero idea when, not even sure who is opening it if anyone local.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Went into the new Iceland store this morning for a look, nothing to get excited about value wise. Not sure how well it will do tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Beanzy

Hello there - new to Boards and to this thread. Just a quick one - anyone know someone in Nenagh or the surrounding area who would re-string and replace the winders on a set of Roman blinds? I don't know where they were originally made.

Thanks!

try Slattery's as a start they might know someone.

• Advertisement

try Slattery's as a start they might know someone.

This, or Gavins, would be my best guess.

Advertisement