Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ibFoxer wrote: »
    The mini roundabout at Alan Kelly's office does my wick, trying to get onto it from the top of Pearse St can be frustrating at the best of times- it is the opinion of this court that the vast majority of folk driving in Nenagh don't understand the rules of the road, or at least don't care for them.
    I would agree with you on saying most simply understand or just ignore the rules of the road.
    tringle wrote: »
    I agree with you about the Centra carpark, it should be in one way and out the other and the spaces are very tight. But the ALDI carpark is plenty big with enough room to manoeuvre....there is no reason to drive against the traffic.
    Centra is the same but isn't it meant to be 1 way or at least was at some time one way in and out the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

The mini roundabout at Alan Kelly's office does my wick, trying to get onto it from the top of Pearse St can be frustrating at the best of times- it is the opinion of this court that the vast majority of folk driving in Nenagh don't understand the rules of the road, or at least don't care for them.

Yes, you did seem to get very annoyed here:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Centra is the same but isn't it meant to be 1 way or at least was at some time one way in and out the other.

I don't think its quite meant to be one way, the Clare Street entrance is two way, entrance and exit. The other side (by community garden) is entrance only. This is to stop traffic crossing the road between the two roundabouts.

I have to say there has been some relief in Nenagh with the roadworks on holidays but they will be back next week and Kenyon Street will be closed from car park to Finnertys for 4 weeks.

Though a few weeks ago I was shopping in Kenyon street (while closed to traffic) and it was a pleasure to shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Ompala

The last car I bought was off Declan, can't fault it. Nice chap to deal with, although if you don't know him he comes off as a bit gruff. One of the lads I work with bought a good few cars from him over the years and never really came against any problems.

I'd say 90% of his stock is UK import, does tend to have high mileage, but he will stand over it.

Cheers, the father has had him service the car loads and never had any complaints. Just looking to see what he was like to buy off.

And in general, yes the driving in Nenagh can leave a lot to be desired by times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

tringle wrote: »
    Hi good people of Nenagh.
    I have to say this.....no SCREAM this.

The car park at Aldi/Woodies is A ONE WAY SYSTEM.

I'm fed up with people pulling out and honking at me when they are driving the wrong way, almost had a stand off with someone yesterday cos she wanted to drive against the traffic.:eek:

Follow the arrows.

Was in there this morning 3 cars in front of me, all went different wrong ways :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Can anyone recommend the best (cheapest) place to get photocopying / printing done in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Walshes in Kenyon street is the only one I know....never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Does anyone know if the pc repair place on Kenyon St are any good with consoles? The blu ray laser on my Playstation 4 is knackered and I'd like to know if anyone has dealt with them before and if they're any good. Cheers folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

I think there is a traffic warden on a Saturday, the Pearse Street area around Supermacs is particularly bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

parking in town in general is awful. A friend saw someone double park along side a squad car on Pearse street and walk away while the Guards were sitting in their car!

Last night I got home about 1am and there were 2 cars parked so close that it all but blocked the entrance to my drive. I managed to inch my way in. There was no way an ambulance or fire engine would get upto my house if needed.

They were lucky not to have 4 flat tyres this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Not to change the subject but does anyone know what the plan is for the Joeys site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Iamhere wrote: »
    Not to change the subject but does anyone know what the plan is for the Joeys site?

Yer man who bought it, or at least who has a stake in in it, has said there are a bunch of shops coming into it, Penny's, Dealz, others that are so far unnamed.

Folk who have a site there, or a shop or something say Lidl are coming up around to the front.

It's any mans guess really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

Iamhere wrote: »
    I think there is a traffic warden on a Saturday, the Pearse Street area around Supermacs is particularly bad!

This was a reply in response to a post about traffic in Nenagh which proposed a one way system on Kenyon St, suggested a multi story car park on the outskirts and questioned the existence of a traffic warden on duty at weekends.

The same poster also had another post about Nenagh on the same day.

Did the poster delete them?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Yer man who bought it, or at least who has a stake in in it, has said there are a bunch of shops coming into it, Penny's, Dealz, others that are so far unnamed.

Folk who have a site there, or a shop or something say Lidl are coming up around to the front.

It's any mans guess really.

Ya I heard it was Lidl that was going to be the main tenant of the place. I think the planning application allowed for a number of other units. Once the anchor tenant is sorted the rest should follow along.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

A contractor on behalf of Eir was clearing trees near phone lines at lisbuney they said that getting ready for fibre install........ Anyone got any concrete info on this?

Any idea why there is a helicopter circling Nenagh the last 2 nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 radagast

Missing 17 year old girl apparently, with coastguard and gardai involved in the search. That's according to a twitter search on Nenagh at the moment.

https://twitter.com/tippstar/status/797923055058100224

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

They've a search party up and down the river and out by Kilruane. I saw on Facebook it could be gone to refuel. Hope she is found safe and well. Her name is Justyna Olszewska.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Tragic hearing a body found drumin road RIP.
    17 year old polish girl committed suicide. My daughter used to sit beside her in accountancy class. She is still taking it very hard. Poor girl.My thoughts are with her family and friends right now. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Keep an eye on her Natasha. Having experienced a bad grieving process myself and seen other people interact with grievance at a young age I think its important to discount nothing. I was down for 9-10 months and it effected everything from my Results on courses to my ability to motivate myself and I was 21 at the time.

Keep an eye on her Natasha. Having experienced a bad grieving process myself and seen other people interact with grievance at a young age I think its important to discount nothing. I was down for 9-10 months and it effected everything from my Results on courses to my ability to motivate myself and I was 21 at the time.
    She is not herself at the moment so watching her closely. Sorry to hear you went through the sad process of brievement. I hope everything is working out fine for you now. Thanks for your advice. Every little bit helps at such a sad time.

She is not herself at the moment so watching her closely. Sorry to hear you went through the sad process of brievement. I hope everything is working out fine for you now. Thanks for your advice. Every little bit helps at such a sad time.

Imagine LTE (Imagine.ie) called me and said they are now in Nenagh (am the Dublin side of Nenagh) anyone install yet ? What Broadband speeds you getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 feeler

Imagine LTE (Imagine.ie) called me and said they are now in Nenagh (am the Dublin side of Nenagh) anyone install yet ? What Broadband speeds you getting ?

I signed up for imagine lte in November, since then I've been told it has been delayed because of 3Rd party contracters right up until the week before Christmas. Haven't heard anything so far from them this year.

I signed up on 21st Dec and still waiting.  Slow enough in getting information from them. Going to give them another 2 weeks and then giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 feeler

I signed up on 21st Dec and still waiting.  Slow enough in getting information from them. Going to give them another 2 weeks and then giving up.

A lad I work with has been signed up with them since October, he hasn't heard anything from them but for one text message to say it was delayed. He's said their near impossible to get in contact with aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Not down in Nenagh much but are streets still complete mess with laying of gas, water mains etc

• Advertisement

feeler wrote: »

A lad I work with has been signed up with them since October,  he hasn't heard anything from them but for one text message to say it was delayed.  He's said their near impossible to get in contact with aswell.
    I just got update from them on their FB page: 

There is no update at the moment. We should have more information towards the end of next week. Thanks Paul

Advertisement