Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

While we are on the subject of chippers in Nenagh anyone remember Caffollas on Kenyon street, the bought the pub ( the Central bar I think) and turned it into a sit down chipper/mixed grill with a wine licence. Its strange that it failed considering that there was nothing else like it in the town at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Unfortunately news of another suicide in the town today I know the person and his family. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I knew a few of his older brothers in school.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Couldn't believe it when I heard today.
    That family has already had more than their fair share of tragedy.

His poor father I feel for as he has had his fair share of heartbreak over the past couple of years. How he keeps going I don't know. The poor man.

• Advertisement

His poor father I feel for as he has had his fair share of heartbreak over the past couple of years. How he keeps going I don't know. The poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Bistro 41 is taking a long time to get to its opening night in between Una Powells and Figgertys in Summerhill.

I found this and thought I'd share it here to give people an idea of what to expect.

I have no connection to this place but am looking forward to another restaurant in Nenagh, thats not a faux Chinese, kebab shop or chipper.

http://www.jddg.ie/opening-soon-bistro-41-nenagh/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

I have no connection to this place but am looking forward to another restaurant in Nenagh, thats not a faux Chinese, kebab shop or chipper.

Also nice to have somewhere else rather than the Peppermill

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

villacud wrote: »

Again...it seems to have been up and down with them for the past 10 years. The staff dont know if they are coming or going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 feeler

The management ran the place into the ground. They were given a lifeline in 2008 by P&G and workers took a pay cut on the grounds to make the place more competitive but all that happensed over the last 10 years was the management promoted them selfs and lined their pockets. Sure that's the Irish way after all.

No surprise what's coming today to anyone working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Sad day for renaming workers and nenagh town. Gave 10 years working there up to 2009 and great place to work with pay and benefits to match .first data just coming at right time ,hopefully a lot of the workers left have been upskilling themselves over last few years because since I left in 09 the future has been hugely up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Ey it over shadows first data for sure. Hopefully some of the workers can do springboard course to upskill and maybe a few can find employment there. Its the last thing north tipperary needed. More needs to be done to promote the area esp with its closeness to third level facilities and the ongoing gas works.
    unfortunately nowadays employees are just a number to all these multimationals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

What gets me is they are after throwing balls of money, and will continue to do so, into the building over the last while. It boggles the mind, especially given that this has been rumoured ever since Coty came.

I would like to offer my condolences to my brothers best friend and his two teenage daughters who's wife and mother passed away this morning. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I would like to offer my condolences to my brothers best friend and his two teenage daughters who's wife and mother passed away this morning. May she rest in peace.

So,so shocking.

I only knew the woman from whenever I used to walk past the carwash and she always used to say hi.
    Now that I think of it,I saw her a couple of times in the place where I work.

Christ,what next.

So,so shocking.

I only knew the woman from whenever I used to walk past the carwash and she always used to say hi.
    Now that I think of it,I saw her a couple of times in the place where I work.

Christ,what next.
    I had a narrow escape this time last year and only for my wife been beside me I would not be here today. So I consider myself very lucky. It's going to be tough on her two teenage daughters to loose a mother so young. God bless them all.

Morning, does anyone know what pharmacy is on call today? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jvm76

tringle wrote: »
    Morning, does anyone know what pharmacy is on call today? Thanks

Guerins, Mitchell St. 11am -1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Checked my Eircode here

According to this am one of the 300K homes getting FTTH... Still no dates but says first half of 2017.....

If you get the same message sign up here to get notified.

I have not seen the FTTH cables being run near my home yet so will not get too excited.

• Advertisement

Morning lovely people of Nenagh
    I have another car park issue.

Many of the carparks have accessible parking spaces, usually painted blue, and the public normally do leave these for permit holders. What is not used correctly though are the parent and child spaces. These are not just so that a parent is closer to the door but so they can get a child in and out of a car. The space has extra space at the side so a parent (or grandparent/carer) can safely get a child in and out of a car without the open door blocking the other traffic.

On Tuesday evening I was in Dunnes Stores car park. It has 4 disability spaces and 6 parent and child spaces. I had a toddler in a seat in the back of the car, and anyone with a toddler knows putting them back into a seat can take a while (funny, they just don't want to go in). There were no parent and child spaces left and I parked in a space beside one. When leaving I opened the door to put the toddler in, obviously leaving the door open while I was strapping him in. A women came to get into her car which was parked beside me and insisted on squeezing past to get into her drivers seat and then gave me filthy looks while she had to wait until I was finished and closed the door. She was parked in the parent and child space....she had no child...she had no car seat or evidence that she arrived with a child. Of the 6 cars parked in parent and child spaces only 1 had a car seat in it. I saw two adults alone get into cars and drive away (the one beside me and one other). The others may well have had bigger children with them and been entitled to use these spaces. The spaces are not for lazy mothers who don't want to carry a baby too far but as I said so that the door can be left safely open while getting a baby in and out so that the open door isn't a danger to other users.

Please think
    Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Unfortunately that's not a Nenagh issue, it's a lazy people issue... Drives me nuts! I wouldn't take one of those spaces even if it was the last one there...

This drives me mad,  that and people parking in front of the store, happens ALOT at Tesco / Lidl.  Walking an extra few meters is too hard for some people.  Think the stores should take some responsibility here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Just wondering what people think of the plans to merge Nenagh and Thurles Credit Unions?

I think it's a step closer to making it less community based and more like a bank.

Spoke with engineers this morning working for KN networks installing Fiber ducting on the Cloughjordan road in Nenagh here. Due to be live First half of 2017 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Does anyone know what the hold-up is with the restaurant up on Summerhill? It would be nice to have another bit of choice in the town for food.

What happened to Stella FM,The community radio station that was supposed to go on air a while back...Is it still going ahead I wonder...

What happened to Stella FM,The community radio station that was supposed to go on air a while back...Is it still going ahead I wonder...
    Unfortunately Stella fm won't be on air anytime soon. They did some test broadcasts last year on the Internet but nothing since. I was talking to a guy who was part of the committee and he told me they were trying to apply for a temporary broadcasting license but again nothing came of it. So I'd say the project is dead in the water.

Any recommendation of a good architect in the Nenagh area that will take care of plans and work with planners?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Stella fm won't be on air anytime soon. They did some test broadcasts last year on the Internet but nothing since. I was talking to a guy who was part of the committee and he told me they were trying to apply for a temporary broadcasting license but again nothing came of it. So I'd say the project is dead in the water.

Thank you..Thats a pity..

Advertisement