Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Not down in Nenagh much but are streets still complete mess with laying of gas, water mains etc

Yes, but won't it be great when its finished and all the streets they dug up are resurfaced with brand new tarmac and the footpaths repaved.

They'd never leave them looking like the patchwork quilt they look like now, right !!!!

I'm looking forward to when they start digging up all the estates to install the gas pipework to the individual homeowners that request a connection, the footpath outside my door has been broken since I bought my house 25 years ago, hopefully it will be repaired if anyone in the area requests a gas connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Any recommendation to get lawnmower serviced in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Maybe Brian Hogan in Yewston/back of Phillys pub. He's good with motorbikes and small engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

I use Michael Coffey

http://www.mikecoffey.ie/services/lawnmower-servicing-repair/

Find him good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

PJ Hynes in Tullaheady is normally pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Husquvara just on the hospital side of the bridge across from the fitness factory.

irelandjoe wrote: »

+1 on Micheal Coffey

Daughter noticed O'Brien's closed down in town. That's a shame.

Which O Briens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Which O Briens?

O'Brien's Sandwich Bar on Kenyon St

• Advertisement

It would be difficult for O Briens to have a viable outlet in Nenagh with all the other food outlets.

AFAIK this is the second time it has closed, when it opened a few years back it only lasted about 16 months as a franchise.

The food sector in Nenagh has been squeezed to breaking point and O Briens are not the only casualty.

Hungry Harrys has closed an reopened with a different owner.

The kebab shop beside Paddy Hoares in silver street has opened and closed more times that I can remember in the last 2 years.

I can't understand the planning for food outlets in Nenagh at one stage the council passed a by law to prevent anyone opening a food outlet, since then we have had several fast food type outlets and coffee shops open, so much for planning regulations.

On a positive note :):):) it appears that a new donut type shop is moving into Quentin's Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It would be difficult for O Briens to have a viable outlet in Nenagh with all the other food outlets.

AFAIK this is the second time it has closed, when it opened a few years back it only lasted about 16 months as a franchise.

The food sector in Nenagh has been squeezed to breaking point and O Briens are not the only casualty.

Hungry Harrys has closed an reopened with a different owner.

The kebab shop beside Paddy Hoares in silver street has opened and closed more times that I can remember in the last 2 years.

I can't understand the planning for food outlets in Nenagh at one stage the council passed a by law to prevent anyone opening a food outlet, since then we have had several fast food type outlets and coffee shops open, so much for planning regulations.

On a positive note :):):) it appears that a new donut type shop is moving into Quentin's Way.

Wasn't Hungry Harrys owned by the same folk who own Supermacs?

But you're dead right, there's too many places to get a bite, and the vast majority of it is take away- if my count is right there's 6 chippers/pizza, 6 chinese and 1 Indian. That's a mental amount for the size of Nenagh.

ibFoxer wrote: »

But you're dead right, there's too many places to get a bite, and the vast majority of it is take away- if my count is right there's 6 chippers/pizza, 6 chinese and 1 Indian. That's a mental amount for the size of Nenagh.
    No. People who have worked with Supermacs in past have been or at a time were involved with Hungry Harrys but that's been a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

No. People who have worked with Supermacs in past have been or at a time were involved with Hungry Harrys but that's been a long while.

Ah, I used to see the chap who does the deliverys for Supermacs going in and out of Harry's.

As we are on the subject, I'm off tomorrow and I fancy heading out for lunch- aside from Andy Flynns where does a decent dinner? Half Door used to be very good but I haven't been up there in a while.

Er um Hungry Harrys was 100% owned by Supermacs, the previous incarnation Frydays was owned by a guy that used to manage a Supermacs. He left to open a stand alone shop in Limerick.

Supermacs then took total control of the unit and re branded it as Hungry Harrys, the same staff worked both shops and all the food offerings were the same except for the chips.

Er um Hungry Harrys was 100% owned by Supermacs, the previous incarnation Frydays was owned by a guy that used to manage a Supermacs. He left to open a stand alone shop in Limerick.

Supermacs then took total control of the unit and re branded it as Hungry Harrys, the same staff worked both shops and all the food offerings were the same except for the chips.
    I know it was set up by a guy who managed supermacs but place wasn't at all owned by supermacs.

I know it was set up by a guy who managed supermacs but place wasn't at all owned by supermacs.

The premises has always been owned by Supermacs since Norman (Get Stuffed) sold it to Pat McDonagh.

If you know that info above I wouldn't be surprised if I know you. :)

Just mentioned this to my wife and she nearly fell on floor with excitement. Any more details?

Just mentioned this to my wife and she nearly fell on floor with excitement. Any more details?
    She put on her donut radar and found out that's it's Funky Donuts and Co. Opening later this month.

Is she a guard?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is she a guard?

Lol no but the excitement here right now she might have been in a former life. Looking on their website picking out the ones she is going to try first.

I might get this excited if I get Fiber broadband......

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

ibFoxer wrote: »

Personally I feel even with what is there, the quality is fairly average. The Indian is below average, none of the chinese's make you go wow - pretty average really and the chippers do pretty much what they say on the tin.

I'd love a good Indian in the town, a nice simple Italian place (Cahir in South Tipp had a great, simple but tasty place called Da Vincis with a far smaller population than Nenagh). For the Chinese's something like Aroi Street Food in Limerick would be great. I doubt the town could support a Mexican but I remember Clonmel used have a steakhouse that did Mexican as well. I wonder could a town the size of Nenagh support something like that.

Of them all I think a new Indian and an Italian place would be no brainers in the town. (I know there are probably too many as it stands but I think there are too many of the same kind of food).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

The premises has always been owned by Supermacs since Norman (Get Stuffed) sold it to Pat McDonagh.

If you know that info above I wouldn't be surprised if I know you. :)

Omg the scotch eggs were delish!

Two singles Anna!

Red Hare wrote: »
    Omg the scotch eggs were delish!

Two singles Anna!
    You must be as old as me

Good ol' Norman. What's he up to nowadays?

On the subject of chippers Does anyone remember the Aurora and the Venetian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Yes... now I am officially old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Yes... now I am officially old :(

Do vague memories of when I was two or three make me old? If so I can't remember..

The Aurora on the corner of the Market Cross, I remember as a young lad getting a half a chicken there.

You ordered a portion of chicken and they deep fried until it was crispy.

First place I ever played pinball or table soccer.

The Venetian Grill was beside the Dunnes stores building, they had a hatch where they served the drunks, after pub closing time, many a fight was caused by the scrum of Nenagh guys looking for the batter burger and chips.

Enzos in Limerick City are relatives of the De Vito family that owned the Venetian.

You must be as old as me

Good ol' Norman. What's he up to nowadays?

last time I spoke with Norman he was buying property in Limerick city and renovating them. He was hands on with the renovations and the idea was buy it, renovate it and flip it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

The Venetian Grill was beside the Dunnes stores building, they had a hatch where they served the drunks, after pub closing time, many a fight was caused by the scrum of Nenagh guys looking for the batter burger and chips.

Run by the De Vitos?

Advertisement