Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Any good walking trails in / around Nenagh that are dog on lead friendly?
    Normally go to killaloe but looking for other closer options.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

irelandjoe wrote: »

The nenagh river walk. Walk from Dublin road bridge past abbey court all the way to Ballyanny...over 9km in total but you can return back to town at any bridge. Nice walk, the first two parts as far as meat plant are along a riverside track and then the rest through farmland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

tringle wrote: »
    The nenagh river walk. Walk from Dublin road bridge past abbey court all the way to Ballyanny...over 9km in total but you can return back to town at any bridge. Nice walk, the first two parts as far as meat plant are along a riverside track and then the rest through farmland.

Am curious about this. Where do you pick up the trail beyond the meat factory? I looked for it last time I was there and could only see a couple of fields which were too wet to negotiate without boots. Also the patch by Birr Rd bridge was totally unpassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

irelandjoe wrote:
    Any good walking trails in / around Nenagh that are dog on lead friendly? Normally go to killaloe but looking for other closer options.

Knocknacree Woods near Cloughjordan is a lovely spot for a walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Some great forest walks in the mountains approx 1.5 mile drive up from Silvermines

• Advertisement

Am curious about this. Where do you pick up the trail beyond the meat factory? I looked for it last time I was there and could only see a couple of fields which were too wet to negotiate without boots. Also the patch by Birr Rd bridge was totally unpassable.

How long ago..
    It was fine all this summer?

At meat plant cross the road then cross over the bridge...you are now on Borrisokane side of bridge opposite the meat plant. There is a stile here, hop over and you are now on an older bridge...walk back over, you are now back on nenagh side and there is another stile going into the field. You can walk from here to Hanley's mills and past that to next bridge at Anabeg.
    At this time of the year the very last section is prone to flooding, as is the rest when elsewhere is flooded.
    What about Castlelough woods or Portumna Forest

Sorry reread your reply...yes you need boots in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

It was just a couple of weeks ago while I was visiting relatives in the area. We did cross both the stiles opposite the meat factory, but didn’t see any immediate access to the river bank and field was too wet to go very far down. Must have another look next time I’m there.

Seems to me there is potential in that trail but perhaps they need to spend some more money on it?

Thanks for all the ideas here.  I will get the boots on a take a walk at the weekend.

It was just a couple of weeks ago while I was visiting relatives in the area. We did cross both the stiles opposite the meat factory, but didn’t see any immediate access to the river bank and field was too wet to go very far down. Must have another look next time I’m there.

Seems to me there is potential in that trail but perhaps they need to spend some more money on it?

I walk along this trail at least once a week in summer. If you have a car drive to Hanley's mills in Ballycommon and park at the weir car park and walk the trail back up river...definitely the nicest section in my opinion.

Edited to add that its always wet in winter and even in summer you have to walk through/across a stream on this section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Looks like the Nenagh Credit Union is going to merge into the Thurles Credit Union subject to members vote Monday 5th March

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

So in your opinion who does the best pizza in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bawn79 wrote: »
    So in your opinion who does the best pizza in Nenagh?

Hard to look past Mizzonis here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Pepes

Just found out

FTTH (Fibre to the Home) is being opened to orders in Nenagh from 9th May.

Check your Eircode here: http://fibrerollout.ie/

Eir will also process pre-orders from now. but think only for existing Eir customers.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Good bit of building activity in the town centre st the moment which is nice to see. Sheahans and Joeys on Martyrs road are both progressing well.

Lewis Lane connecting Silver St to John's Lane Car park is getting a badly needed face lift.

Supermacs is getting a total interior upgrade upstairs and down.

Be near enough to 12 months before that's finished. Badly wanted though, Banba Square isn't suitable for that type of business anymore and when the RTM plan kicks in it would multiply the difficulty ten fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Can anybody please tell me how to get to Keeper Hill starting point from Nenagh? I'm hoping to climb the mountain this BH weekend.
    By the way, I'll be cycling from Nenagh.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Can anybody please tell me how to get to Keeper Hill starting point from Nenagh? I'm hoping to climb the mountain this BH weekend.
    By the way, I'll be cycling from Nenagh.
    Many thanks.
    Head to Killoscully and should be signs from there. All depends on what way you want to go to Killoscully then.

Head to Killoscully and should be signs from there. All depends on what way you want to go to Killoscully then.
    Apparently,it's Doonane Car Park I need to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Apparently,it's Doonane Car Park I need to get to.

The Lost Sheep is correct, you have to go via Killoscully.

Your route from Nenagh will be via Benedine-Shallee-Killoscully and follow the signs from there.

Stick Nenagh to Doonane Forest Carpark into Google Maps and you'll be sorted.

• Advertisement

Thanks jprboy and The Lost Sheep.
    Seems like a straightforward enough cycle to get there.
    I'd say about an hour and a half on a bike from where I'm living,but that's child's play to me because I love my cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

Hi,

Does anyone know of, or can recommend, someone who can supply and operate a mini-digger for some landscaping works in the nenagh area?

Thanks.

Hi,

Does anyone know of, or can recommend, someone who can supply and operate a mini-digger for some landscaping works in the nenagh area?

Thanks.

Leamy Plant Hire, can PM you the number

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Leamy Plant Hire, can PM you the number

Great - please PM contact details.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Has anyone seen this?

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2018/0524/965728-irelands-wild-waste/

Shocking stuff altogether. Can't say I'm surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Shocking stuff altogether. Can't say I'm surprised.

Not surprised either, the amount of flytipping in my local area is shocking. There is just no excuse. I can't get over the people who will put an old washing machine in a car and dump it on a country lane when you can just as easily drive to Nenagh and dispose of it responsibly in Nenagh for free! I'm on a budget when it comes to waste disposal, I compost and go to the recycling centre (new charges aren't unreasonable), fiver for a large bag of general waste in Aes.

Hearing that Costa and Lana are coming to Nenagh.

Any more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hearing that Costa and Lana are coming to Nenagh.

Any more info on this?

Already some very good coffee shops in Nenagh

honeybear wrote: »
    Already some very good coffee shops in Nenagh
    Agree but heard Costa going into new location next to Lidl and Lana the Asia street food chain is going into brew bros location in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Really surprised a cafe /restaurant hasn’t gone in somewhere in the streams development ,with first data jobs comming on stream plus all the other units there the place really needs something

Advertisement