Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Heading up to the dublin event this evening with my lad. Is there any solid info about line ups and matches yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dont think there'll be a Dublin date in November. Saw the list of dates for Nov in the UK / Europe in November and we werent on it. They havent done a November date here in years. Plus they haven't sold out Dublin or Belfast this year despite a lot more promotion from them than usual.

Remember in 2017 they added a SD live event late on and it sold terribly as did last May's show. Tonight might not be any different going by the amount of tickets around for it

Belfast results here, I imagine Becky Lynch is the only one coming down for it tonight rest off too Brussels

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/wwe-live-event-results-653898/

Still on the fench about what TV tapings too go to for Nov. The last SD one I was at was recorded in about 1hr 20 mins and rest was just Main event and 2 dark matches. Raw felt like proper value going on for about 4 hours including Superstars/Raw and dark segments. Been too both cities before. Tickets not on sale til 22nd may anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Dont think there'll be a Dublin date in November. Saw the list of dates for Nov in the UK / Europe in November and we werent on it. They havent done a November date here in years. Plus they haven't sold out Dublin or Belfast this year despite a lot more promotion from them than usual.

Bleh line up that's why.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    From 3arena Facebook

WWE Live returns to Dublin this May 2019!
    See your favorite WWE Superstars live in action including:

WWE Championship Match Triple Threat Match
    Kofi Kingston w/ Xavier Woods vs Kevin Owens
    vs Daniel Bryan w/Rowan
    United States Championship Match
    AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe
    SmackDown Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match
    Becky Lynch vs Naomi vs Charlotte Flair
    The Usos vs Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura w/Lana
    SmackDown Women’s Tag Team Championship Match
    Asuka and Kairi Sane vs The IIconics
    Matt Hardy vs Lars Sullivan

And more!

Line-up subject to change. Tickets available now!

��������

In response to...
    eggy81 wrote: »
    Heading up to the dublin event this evening with my lad. Is there any solid info about line ups and matches yet.

Seems a decent crowd for the Kofi meet and greet

Having my fix of nando's now and then drink time before the event lol. Not sure where I'll go tbh as I want to be in the 3arena by 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Any chance Becky will appear on the Late Late tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I seen Sami walking around town earlier. Obviously on card

I seen Sami walking around town earlier. Obviously on card

Hope he does a promo too

First pint of the day The oval Bar

Question for u dubs

Why are most of ur Jack's in ur pubs up or down a stairs ??

Heading out too the 3arena in about 20 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I stand corrected, November 9th ( I think ) On sale 16th May

• Advertisement

Weds Nov 6th Dublin date for Nov

Was red so possibly opening night of the Raw tour but then again schedules will be changed as the SD tapings are now Friday nights come sep/Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it seem Asuka knows the words to thin Lizzy songs and thin lizzy and Gary Moore are special to her. I mean that’s a good thing I suppose.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So it seem Asuka knows the words to thin Lizzy songs and thin lizzy and Gary Moore are special to her. I mean that’s a good thing I suppose.

Acceptable chat up talk lol

Meh event so far. Quite a lot of empty seats. Sami vs woods turned into Kofi vs KO. Tag team 3 way with Bryan/Rowan winning. First Match was Andrade/Evega vs truth/carmella meh nice too see Andrade

average enough show felt flat with a lot of empty seats and meh matches

Lars beating up both R truth and new day meh. No Aj Styles after being advertised heavily and doing that billox Twitter thing before it started phrasing it as 'what match would u like too see tonight' and then showing it on the screen

back in Nov but which brand. Hard too choose what TV taping now

Can we pass a resolution to ban the phrase "meh" on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I complain about WWE so much, their tv product had deteriorate,
    But I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed tonight, most matches were very well done and a nice crowd throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Presume Finn and Becky were there? Did they get big reactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Good show and pretty good atomsphere nothing outstanding but solid all round,

J. Marston wrote: »
    Presume Finn and Becky were there? Did they get big reactions?

No Finn :(

Becky vs Charlotte main event was awesome though.

Will say, I thought the atmosphere was the worst I’ve seen in a while. Large bouts of silence, no real chants and stuff. Seemed like the crowd were really not invested even before the show started.

But the main event woke everyone up and was really, really great.

Tickets for November on sale on Thursday.

Oh, and Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn kissed.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Very fun show. It would have been great to get AJ but happy enough with who we got.

Mixed tag to open. R-Truth & Carmella Vs. Andrade & Vega. You wonder why R-Truth is still on T.V. but he brings so much to a live show getting the crowd going, you see why they keep him around. Carmella rapping a bit during the intro song was passable. Match was fun. Andrade seems like such a star, hopefully he does not end up trapped in the mid-card.

Lars comes out at the end of the match to beat up R-Truth. People really popped for Lars when he came out. The guy beside me was by himself, he kept making "jokes" at everything, I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or testing out material for his one-man comedy show about going to WWE live shows.

The tag title match was the Usos Vs. Rusev/Nak vs. Bryan/Rowan. So happy to see Bryan. I seen him wrestle in ROH in New York, for NOAH in Coventry, but missed him during his time in WWE. After his injury I thought that I would never get to see him. Then he came back and delighted to get to see him in a WWE ring. He stood on the top rope for the whole of his entrance song and demand it be played again. There was a lot of stalling in this match and, as with most of the matches tonight. It doesn't bother me, as it great to get to see them live and they have a long tour of Europe ahead of them. This was my favourite match of the night.

Of course the guy next to me had to be one of those people to bring up "It's just a house show, the belts won't change hands here." He made this point any time there was a pin fall attempt by Usos or Rusev/Nak. Great fun to sit beside.

I Also had two people behind me, talking about when the tickets for the next show in November were going on sale. Like every ten minutes they would bring it up very loudly.

Not going through the whole show the only low lights were there Iconics Vs. Askua & the pirate. Don't care about the Iconics and the match wasn't any good. But the Iconics were poplar do. It was great seeing Joe and Matt Hardy but the match was very flat.

Becky in the main event. Huge reaction for her and enjoyed the match.

jface187 wrote: »

Lars comes out at the end of the match to beat up R-Truth.

That won't do a lot to make that story go away now, will it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sirmanga wrote: »
    That won't do a lot to make that story go away now, will it...

He also came out to attack Kofi and Xavier, but they hit finishers on him to get a 'win'

bennyl10 wrote: »
    He also came out to attack Kofi and Xavier, but they hit finishers on him to get a 'win'

So he attacked three blacks guys. Good God, WWE is trolling us at this point. Surprised they didn't have Lars dressed up as the Grand Wizard and have him plant a giant cross at ringside.

Make sense too have a Raw show here in Nov but we should have a better idea when the full tour is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

A odd thing they did was to put up on the big screen during the show and on social media was the fact it was the first House show to sell out in Irelan in the past two years. There a was a very large section not sold out on the upper decks and plenty of empty seats all over the place.

sirmanga wrote: »
    So he attacked three blacks guys. Good God, WWE is trolling us at this point. Surprised they didn't have Lars dressed up as the Grand Wizard and have him plant a giant cross at ringside.

Hey, not just black guys.

He attacked a Muslim too.

Edit. Am I actually showing ignorance there. I feel Sami is, but I’m not sure now that I type it....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey, not just black guys.

He attacked a Muslim too.

Edit. Am I actually showing ignorance there. I feel Sami is, but I’m not sure now that I type it....

yep sami is a muslim speaks arabic if im not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Very fun show. It would have been great to get AJ but happy enough with who we got.

Mixed tag to open. R-Truth & Carmella Vs. Andrade & Vega. You wonder why R-Truth is still on T.V. but he brings so much to a live show getting the crowd going, you see why they keep him around. Carmella rapping a bit during the intro song was passable. Match was fun. Andrade seems like such a star, hopefully he does not end up trapped in the mid-card.

Lars comes out at the end of the match to beat up R-Truth. People really popped for Lars when he came out. The guy beside me was by himself, he kept making "jokes" at everything, I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or testing out material for his one-man comedy show about going to WWE live shows.

The tag title match was the Usos Vs. Rusev/Nak vs. Bryan/Rowan. So happy to see Bryan. I seen him wrestle in ROH in New York, for NOAH in Coventry, but missed him during his time in WWE. After his injury I thought that I would never get to see him. Then he came back and delighted to get to see him in a WWE ring. He stood on the top rope for the whole of his entrance song and demand it be played again. There was a lot of stalling in this match and, as with most of the matches tonight. It doesn't bother me, as it great to get to see them live and they have a long tour of Europe ahead of them. This was my favourite match of the night.

Of course the guy next to me had to be one of those people to bring up "It's just a house show, the belts won't change hands here." He made this point any time there was a pin fall attempt by Usos or Rusev/Nak. Great fun to sit beside.

I Also had two people behind me, talking about when the tickets for the next show in November were going on sale. Like every ten minutes they would bring it up very loudly.

Not going through the whole show the only low lights were there Iconics Vs. Askua & the pirate. Don't care about the Iconics and the match wasn't any good. But the Iconics were poplar do. It was great seeing Joe and Matt Hardy but the match was very flat.

Becky in the main event. Huge reaction for her and enjoyed the match.

I hate them kinds of people, why go if he's just gonna be miserable and "joke" about everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A odd thing they did was to put up on the big screen during the show and on social media was the fact it was the first House show to sell out in Irelan in the past two years. There a was a very large section not sold out on the upper decks and plenty of empty seats all over the place.

They never seem to draw that well in Ireland.

Advertisement