Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

First time ever seeing the wrestling live. in my 40's now, was lucky enough to have SKY Channel as a kid so grew up on Saturday Night Main Event, every Wrestlemania from #3 onwards... now my young lad is 6 and I'm back watching it again. Random thoughts from a newbie:

Merchandise Stalls were a shambles. Desperately needed railings to make for an orderly queue instead of the bar counter approach with everyone jostling for position. Felt sorry for the kids working behind the counter even if they were working at a snails pace, but that didn't excuse the aggression being shown to them from some parents. Also, selling out of all kids T-shirts on the 2nd floor wasn't cool. Stood there for 15mins like a clown until I overheard one of the girls say this to a customer. Surely they should have just shouted that out at random intervals to the throng of people. Lastly on the merch, overpriced IMO, but that could be just me. Not been to a gig in ages so maybe €30 for a kids T-shirt is the going rate these days.

Elias was brilliant. Singing U2 to the lyrics "I hate Dublin" was classic, interrupted brilliantly by Bobby Roode's oh-so-camp and yet "glorious" entrance . Best WWE intro music IMO! (with honourable mention to Seth Rollins) For me the highlight of the night.

Jordan Breslin, one great move off the top rope if I remember correctly. Was v happy for the lad. Surprised Fin Balor was so low down the bill though being his hometown gig? Shame that Seamus/The Bar wasn't there too but can't have it all.

The Nia Jaxx 3 way was ok, was fun seeing her hold up Bliss and the other one on her back - and my god she is one big woman in the flesh. The 6 way womans tag was a bit meh for us, but neither me or young lad were too familiar with the wrestlers though.

Young lad went mad for Seth Rollins, that was a decent match. And the highlight for him was seeing Braun his hero even though I thought the 6 way finale match was a bit flat considering who was in it.

And lastly boy oh boy do people not like Roman Reigns! Had no idea from watching on the telly this was such a big thing. I can understand why, personally I think his moves are a bit ****, that stupid thing he does where he punches the air behind the other dude's head just looks ridiculous.

Overall an enjoyable night, was all about the little fella anyway and he had a great time and that's all that matters, but some of the parents need to just calm the f*ck down, don't be shouting at kids behind a merch counter and remember your kids pick up on everything around them, including your obnoxious behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WealthyB wrote: »
    First time ever seeing the wrestling live. in my 40's now, was lucky enough to have SKY Channel as a kid so grew up on Saturday Night Main Event, every Wrestlemania from #3 onwards... now my young lad is 6 and I'm back watching it again. Random thoughts from a newbie:

Merchandise Stalls were a shambles. Desperately needed railings to make for an orderly queue instead of the bar counter approach with everyone jostling for position. Felt sorry for the kids working behind the counter even if they were working at a snails pace, but that didn't excuse the aggression being shown to them from some parents. Also, selling out of all kids T-shirts on the 2nd floor wasn't cool. Stood there for 15mins like a clown until I overheard one of the girls say this to a customer. Surely they should have just shouted that out at random intervals to the throng of people. Lastly on the merch, overpriced IMO, but that could be just me. Not been to a gig in ages so maybe €30 for a kids T-shirt is the going rate these days.

Elias was brilliant. Singing U2 to the lyrics "I hate Dublin" was classic, interrupted brilliantly by Bobby Roode's oh-so-camp and yet "glorious" entrance . Best WWE intro music IMO! (with honourable mention to Seth Rollins) For me the highlight of the night.

Jordan Breslin, one great move off the top rope if I remember correctly. Was v happy for the lad. Surprised Fin Balor was so low down the bill though being his hometown gig? Shame that Seamus/The Bar wasn't there too but can't have it all.

The Nia Jaxx 3 way was ok, was fun seeing her hold up Bliss and the other one on her back - and my god she is one big woman in the flesh. The 6 way womans tag was a bit meh for us, but neither me or young lad were too familiar with the wrestlers though.

Young lad went mad for Seth Rollins, that was a decent match. And the highlight for him was seeing Braun his hero even though I thought the 6 way finale match was a bit flat considering who was in it.

And lastly boy oh boy do people not like Roman Reigns! Had no idea from watching on the telly this was such a big thing. I can understand why, personally I think his moves are a bit ****, that stupid thing he does where he punches the air behind the other dude's head just looks ridiculous.

Overall an enjoyable night, was all about the little fella anyway and he had a great time and that's all that matters, but some of the parents need to just calm the f*ck down, don't be shouting at kids behind a merch counter and remember your kids pick up on everything around them, including your obnoxious behaviour.

Gland to hear you're son enjoyed it

Yeah agree with u on the merch, bit pricey and no organisation what so ever. I imagine the guys behind the counter are not getting payed much. This is not just for the wrestling but for all events in the arena. Ive been to events outside of Ireland which is the same thing everyman for himself to get to the front and if something you want is sold out than tough. I'd advise checking wwe euroshop from time to time they always have the same merch but sell them for cheaper/2 for the price of 1 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

WealthyB wrote: »

wouldn't say its only parents either that need to relax, you'll see many grown men in their 30s fighting with children to get to the front to pat Roman on the back :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember last Novs Dublin SD live event was announced later than the rest of the tour but as I I siad earlier the 3arena seems to be booked solid the 2 weeks there on tour. Only date free is Sunday 11th Nov which would be the last day in the SD tour ???

2nlb8l4.jpg

Looks like no Irish tour in November.

Loughc wrote: »
    2nlb8l4.jpg

Looks like no Irish tour in November.

ah damn but might be a blessing as we wont get exhusated of it here and hopefully they will be back for the May 2019 tour, we have had a show on each of the last 3 tours and last novs SD one didnt really sell well

might go to the 2019 London tapings but for a weird reason the london tapings are not great shows and the Autumn tapings seem to be better. Heres hoping for a 2019 UK PPV of some sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Gland to hear you're son enjoyed it

Yeah agree with u on the merch, bit pricey and no organisation what so ever. I imagine the guys behind the counter are not getting payed much. This is not just for the wrestling but for all events in the arena. Ive been to events outside of Ireland which is the same thing everyman for himself to get to the front and if something you want is sold out than tough. I'd advise checking wwe euroshop from time to time they always have the same merch but sell them for cheaper/2 for the price of 1 etc

Held off on merch & wweshop had 40% off the same tshirt yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Held off on merch & wweshop had 40% off the same tshirt yesterday

Nice! Just ordered Get These Hands T-Shirt for the young fella :)

We should know in a few weeks for sure but a few dates on are on wwe.com of the 2019 spring/summer euro run

Thurs May 9th- Brussels Belgium (Raw)
    Fri May 10th- Helsinki Finland(SD)
    Fri May 10th- Marseille France (Raw)
    Sat May 11th- Stockholm Sweden (SD)
    Sun May 12th- Oslo Norway (SD)
    Tues May 14th- Paris France(Raw)
    Sun May 19th- Basel Switzerland (SD)

I wonder where will Dublin and/or Belfast fit in as we got skipped on this Nov tour but tbf they have had shows here many times over the last few years with last Novs SD live event being one of the lowest attended events here. It's quite possible we could be skipped again for the first 2019 euro tour and won't get a show til the 2nd tour or 2020 ???. That strategy might be good for ticket sales when/If they return

Good video from whatculture about live events falling attendances

https://youtu.be/_Lg-Ag-c9Fc

When was the last wwe event to sell out here ??. 2017s SD live event had a small crowd but the Raw show before that had a huge crowd. Decent crowd attended last May show too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Surely it was still worth coming here? A lot of fans feel shafted about it.

• Advertisement

WWE Live (SD roster) Thurs 9th May 2019 3Arena

Tickets on sale Fri 23rd Nov

https://www.facebook.com/126879580715806/posts/2310491555687920/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hooray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I'm sure I read before how companies worked out what they need to do to break even on a show and being a total sell up isn't always necessary to make money.

Looking at progress at Wembley, they didn't lose money despite it not being a full house.

I was at that last Dublin show and every second kid had a money in the bank replica briefcase which I think cost like forty euro or something. They must make a load off the merch alone.

I was at that last Dublin show and every second kid had a money in the bank replica briefcase which I think cost like forty euro or something. They must make a load off the merch alone.

Not just the kids :P

Glad it's Smackdown too. Know a draft could do some juggling, but as it stands, Becky in Dublin will be fun :) The reaction gets bigger for her every time she comes back.

WWE Live SSE Arena Belfast Wed 8th May

Showing up as the Raw brand while Dublin on the 9th May is showing up as SD but in some places Raw

Tbh don't think WWE even know which brand/superstars will be on the cards here next May

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The time of the year they come is just after the draft happens too so would need to be a last minute job if you're only looking to see certain people

November's tours are a bit easier since barring injuries it's easier to see who might be coming

The time of the year they come is just after the draft happens too so would need to be a last minute job if you're only looking to see certain people

November's tours are a bit easier since barring injuries it's easier to see who might be coming

The last few years I wait for the lineups tba before buying tickets

The last few years I wait for the lineups tba before buying tickets

Best way to do it unless you absolutely have to get tickets for the front row or just really don't want to take the small chance it won't fully sell out

I'll be honest, i go specifically for the brand hat is WWE, rather than specific superstars. Even if it's not the main guys, I still find the shows great fun.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'll be honest, i go specifically for the brand hat is WWE, rather than specific superstars. Even if it's not the main guys, I still find the shows great fun.

Yeah have went to all Dublin shows for the last few years anyways

May 2017 and May 2018 were great fun as it featured The Hardyz/Broken Matt, Finn Balor, Sheamus, Roman, Seth Rollins and Glorious Bobby Roode among others. Last Novs SD show was decent with Nakamura, KO, heel Zayn and Aj Styles at it

Would love too see more legends at these ie Triple H appearance at a show etc. I missed events which Bret Hart and Ric Flair were here but did see Mick Foley and Taker here

I was lucky to see TV tapings exactly this time 2 years ago in fact and they are a great experience and ur truly at an event that goes down in the ages

• Advertisement

I've only been to one event, and it won't be topped in terms of names ever, the RDS show in 2005 which was a Smackdown event

Main event was Cena vs Angle vs JBL for the WWE title with Stone Cold, also got Eddie vs Rey, full match card here

Started an asshole chant for JBL when he started dissing Ireland, that may be one of my proudest amounts given I was 10 at the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Any word on the lineup for the tour in May? Tickets on sale tomorrow.

Its Smackdown, I think, so I'd look at the SD roster for clues. Styles, Bryan, Miz, Hardy, Rey, Orton, Bar, Usos, New Day.

I'm not going to list Becky, cause my thoughts are she will be on Raw well before then. And obviously, any draft or shakeup can play havoc with a line up.

Seems Belfast is Raw and Dublin is SD as they both have different graphics on aikens Facebook

Have a lot of things next summer but might head to the Dublin show if they have a decent card

There prob will be a superstar shake up before next may and mostly Raw seem to have the more "stars" on there live event cards

On sale a few minutes early, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Ticket in the bag for this.

Hoping a few Raw heads transfer over to SD in the post-WM schuffle! And hope Becky stays put, but think thats being very optimistic!

Should be a couple of Nxt roster called up by then too; SD should get a few of them too!

seems both irish shows are the opening nights for the Euro tour

Belfast on Weds 8th May is the opening night for the Raw roster
    Dublin on Thurs 9th May is the opening night for the SD roster

Hope SD isn't ravaged by a draft.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hope SD isn't ravaged by a draft.

Superstar shakeup will take place between the 15th/16th April editions of Raw/SD

• Advertisement

Got my ticket for the Dublin show

Wente for the cheap seats Block P row 44 but tbf doesn't look a bad view and €45 a decent price

Not hoping SD don't get too destroyed in the superstar shakeup. Love Ricochet to be there

Advertisement