Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Guitar_Monkey

There were a lot of empty seats alright. Not sure the showing being on early did them any favours. There was still people arriving after the interval. Sami is gold....Bryan was great. Corbin is a big dude, has a few inches on Roman. Fun show overall, and the kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Enjoyable show overall, even tho it dragged in a few places.

Thought the 8 man tag and the tag match between Sami/Nak vs Ali/Bryan were the most enjoyable. First time seeing Heavy Machinery and Otis is solid gold. Great fun. Himself and Bryan stood out for me as the most entertaining.

Didn’t really enjoy the main event but the crowd were very into it. Crowd reacted to any offense Roman did.

Only real negative was the merchandise stand. They really should have more than one. It was a free for all trying to get to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No announcement bout the next show either.

The number of empty chairs was shocking. Took these two photos 4 minutes before the show started (people filled them in as it started by moving down from the back).

https://i.imgur.com/IIdWtqh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7jGryvL.jpg

(Not embedding them cause of the size)

I've never seen so many empty seats. You can see as well where the price dropped too, cause there's a solid row filled in right at the back. AND they had portions curtained off too, in a way they don't usually need too.

Decent show overall.

Bryan was a superstar. Teasing the Yes chants, and then telling the crowd he hasn't done them in a year but Ali getting him to do them for Dublin.

Fire & Desire, Sami Zayn and Bayley all cut promos that were "This place sucks", which were fine.

Sami, Big E, Bryan, Roman and Otis getting the best reactions all night.

SD roster are doing UK shows from the 3rd-8th May 2020

They must sell enough tickets to justify doing 2 European tours every year. They prob make a fortune on merch

What they should do is separate the tours and say

SD roster does the summer slot and Raw stays home
    Raw roster does the autumn slot and SD stays home

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Officer999 wrote: »
    Enjoyable show overall, even tho it dragged in a few places.

Thought the 8 man tag and the tag match between Sami/Nak vs Ali/Bryan were the most enjoyable. First time seeing Heavy Machinery and Otis is solid gold. Great fun. Himself and Bryan stood out for me as the most entertaining.

Didn’t really enjoy the main event but the crowd were very into it. Crowd reacted to any offense Roman did.

Only real negative was the merchandise stand. They really should have more than one. It was a free for all trying to get to the top.

Fun show overall. But did lack star power. Think it being another Smackdown show in the same year with the same roster hurt the sales. No Bray or Black on the show. I think going forward they should make these Smackdown/NXT shows. A few of NXT stars, say Finn, Cole, Riddle & Lee would made a difference tonight and improved the level of wrestling. I know the guys are tired and hurt so not taking shots at them.

Ali impressed as did Sin Cara. The saddest thing was the Jobber 8-man tag. Ceraso, Ziggler & Roode were on one team. What a graveyard of talent that is. Also on the team was Bo Dallas, remember him?.

I'm pretty sure they have more then one merch stand. There was one on the top deck and sure saw two more somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

My son really enjoyed it. He was going wild the whole way through. He was electric all the show all the way home and even bouncing off the wall putting him to bed.

I thought it was a bit phoned in at times but overall a decent show. Sin Cara stood out as a bit laboured amongst a few others but it not being taped the lads doing the show all year, you won’t get everyone firing.

Bit siht there was no Irish superstars there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Strange they wouldn't bring Becky and Finn over for a Dublin show. You'd think fans would like to see them and they'd like to perform in Ireland.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Strange they wouldn't bring Becky and Finn over for a Dublin show. You'd think fans would like to see them and they'd like to perform in Ireland.

Probably don't get a choice really and are told there going here and there

These live events really dont go by 'brands' when u see Raw guys on a SD live event. Andrade, Erik Rowen and Sin cara are Raw guys. Braun and Bray Wyatt are SD guys on the raw live events

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    These live events really dont go by 'brands' when u see Raw guys on a SD live event. Andrade, Erik Rowen and Sin cara are Raw guys. Braun and Bray Wyatt are SD guys on the raw live events

There's no such thing as "brands" on the live tour anymore and there hasn't been in years! they divide up the roster prior to the tour and call them, "red" and "blue" touring rosters but there is no connection to the tv shows

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Decent enough show Daniel Bryan Roman Otis and Sami were the best of the show the womens tag match was dire and Baley v Charlotte was poor fairly obvious they didn't want to be there.Sin Cara giving his mask to a little girl in the audience was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gutted i didnt get a chance to go ive never seen bryan live and would love to before hes gone for good

• Advertisement

I wonder are they changing the touring cycle a bit for next year ???

Only dates announced for 2020 are SD roster shows in the UK

May 3rd- Glasgow
    May 4th- Newcastle
    May 5th- Birmingham
    May 6th- Cardiff
    May 7th- Sheffield
    May 8th- SD taping The o2 London

Might work out better for them if they had The Raw crew tour on there own for the Autumn 2020 dates and they would do different cities/countries

Time will tell but looks like we prob wont get a show here next May

Belfast show on the 28th April 2023, no Dublin show on the tour atm

House Show in the 3Arena 29th June

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Where did you see this? Have checked 3arena/wwe and dont see anything?

Saw a Facebook event page with it dis morning

Maybe someone jumped the gun

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just announced by aiken promotions

Always a fun night, got the order for the communion presents haha

They must be finished with the 2 brands touring Europe side by side in the summer and autumn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Feck sake, there’s two weeks of the year I can’t go and of course they choose that time to show up 😂 Off to America two days before that date. Haven’t been to one for years and would have loved to go. Ah well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feckin 3Arena presale, must try to get someone who can get access. Hoping to take two of the kids to this as I happen to be off for 6 weeks from work at that time.

Edit: sorted already thanks to a mate have my code good to go :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Got tickets this morning handy enough. They're pricey enough though!

• Advertisement

Same, yep they have notched up the prices a bit since the last time

Views aren't bad in the cheaper seats tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Going from the 3presale

Ringside & lower section of the blocks- €81.25 each plus fees

Higher up in the blocks €65.70 plus fees

Cheapest tickets €39.20 plus fees

Yeah I got lower tier seats. Was really tempted with ringside but I'll have two kids with me so they wouldn't see anything. Handier to have the seats too to keep an eye on them!

Still decent seats left. It's a hard time financially and they might do another ppv in the UK next year and aew are supposed to be coming over. So 50/50 about getting them.

OK that far out. Not a bad line up for thus show but of course subject to change etc

So you never know in six months who will be there.

From the looks of the posters it's a Smackdown show so you'd expect Sheamus to main event (draft dependant I guess?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hey all,

Thinking of getting tickets for my son for this?

He's Finn Balor mad, what are the chances of the lads in Belfast the night before making an appearance in Dublin.

It seems to me that the Belfast show has the "bigger" names at the moment anyway.

Never been to a house show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking at the pictures on the 3Arena website, they are advertising what looks to be a Smackdown show.

I also think the show in Belfast seems to be dated 28th April, and the Dublin show is 29th June, so two months apart (unless there's another Belfast show in June?).

At a guess, I'd say the chances of Balor in Dublin are low, but not impossible. But if it was likely, I think they'd be advertising him. Unless they swap some people around before June (which has happened), I'd not go specifically for Balor.

The main issue is, they often can be very lax in terms of having people they advertising as actually appearing. You're better off attending because it's WWE in general, rather than any specific person being in attendance.

And if your son is in any way a wrestling fan, he will have an absolute blast at the show. They're great fun, even if the main guy isn't there himself.

Advertisement