Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

veganrun wrote: »
    There was nothing announced for Belfast or Dublin last night anyway.

usually only get 1 show a year now and not 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jordon Devlin has a match tonight but not sure who against ??

Originally it was him vs Pete Dunne but think Pete had other commitments ?

Joseph Connors was his replacement in belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Anyone know what hotel the WWE guys are staying in?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Elias is incredible. Best segment of the night so far

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Enjoyable show. The one match I was really looking forward to Seth Vs Sami didn't happen. Bloody Jinder is awful. He's like some woeful heel from the 80s. Just terrible in the ring. Not even Seth could get a good match out of him. It's a shame as Seth could've had a 4 star match with most of the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Wasnt able to make it tonight, ended up giving tic away.

Heard no Nov show announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decent show noting speical, sum matches went on way too long

Opener was good and I'm really digging Woken Matt and Bray Wyatt

Missed a lot of the Devlin match cause I got caught out in the merch area

Poor AOP being thrown into the 'excess multi man tag with Curt Hawkins and the Acesion against Titus worldwide/Breezedango and No way Jose. Only decent thing from that match was Dana Brooke was looking very well

Next up was a bit of a surprise putting Finn on so early in the card up against Baron Corbin. Good enough match but would of thought Balor would be on later in the card. Maybe giving him a bit of time off with his family and friends ??

Womens title match was decent. Sasha got a big ovation

The promo of the night goes to Elias. What a man and the match with Roode wasant bad either

After the intermission we had another 'excess match with all the rest of the divas in it. Went on longer than I thought but crowd seemed to love Bayley

Thought Jinder done ok in the IC title match with Rollins. Rollins got a huge reaction by the crowd

Loved the main event, Ko/Zayn very entertaining, Joe is awesome (I wonder is the reason hes on this side of the tour cauae the SD live roster on this tour have too much star power) and Lashely and Braun are big men. Reigns got a mixed reaction. Overall decent match with a predictable finish

Doubt we will see WWE here again in 2018, prob on the spring/summer 2019 tour. Next wrestling related thing for me is Goldberg Q&A in Vicar Street (if it's after selling enough tickets ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Thought Jinder done ok in the IC title match with Rollins. Rollins got a huge reaction by the crowd

Agreed. Rollins got a massive pop. Biggest of the night, even louder than Finn. The crowd love him. Vince seriously needs to let him be the one to beat Brock for the belt. Hopefully at Summerslam.

Just a shame Rollins match was only 10 minutes with Jinder. A 15-20 minute with Sami or even a triple threat or fatal four involving Finn too should've main events like in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Pinkman wrote:
    Agreed. Rollins got a massive pop. Biggest of the night, even louder than Finn. The crowd love him. Vince seriously needs to let him be the one to beat Brock for the belt. Hopefully at Summerslam.

He would need to be dropping that ic title first can't see that happening before summerslam though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

with all the rest of the divas in it.

Divas? Really :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    usually only get 1 show a year now and not 2

Since when? I've been going every 6 months for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

A decent show nothing more.Rollins is a class act hope he gets pushed to the moon far and away the best wrestler on raw.Finn,ko,sami.joe and elias all really entertaining in fact all the wrestlers seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves,thought Reigns got a good reaction.Big letdown was the womens title match it was shockingly bad thought Nia and Sasha were hopeless,the womens tag match was a bit better Bayley really tries to entertain and though not a fan of Natalyia the woman can wrestle and tried her best to get the crowd involved.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Since when? I've been going every 6 months for years now.

started here in Belfast the year we got NXT tour

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Fun show. Just think the match line could have been better. Think Finn/Seth in the main event against KO/Sami would have been better then what we got.

Could have the done the six-man as the first-half closer with Roman, Braun & Bobby Vs. Joe, Jinder & Baron.

Elias segment was great sadly the match was awful. Two rest holds spot's that went on for-ever. The two most boring guys in the ring.

Jorden Devlin was great. Took on some British guy, think his name was Sam Goodwell something like that. He a funny video before the match saying Jorden had been cast in "Honey I shrunk Finn Balor" film.

Wasn't much merch. 40 euro for a replica money in the Bank briefcase. Was very popular saw loads of kids with it.

Hopefully next time they come back it's the Smackdown crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Highlight of the night was corbin replying to a group of lads shouting "where's your briefcase?" by saying I left it in your mother's bed.

montyrebel wrote: »
    started here in Belfast the year we got NXT tour

We've had a show in Nov and May every year since 2003 I think and that extra NXT show a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Did they announce if they are coming back? In Belfast all they announced were the shows over in England. Nothing mentioned about Dublin or Belfast.

Were they stopping people storming in front of the front row seats last night? There didn't seem to be the usual chaos....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Were they stopping people storming in front of the front row seats last night? There didn't seem to be the usual chaos....

1st time in the front row, gave us wristbands for the rail

Kids were running up and were being guided away

They stayed for main event & basically blocked my view but didnt mind they loved seeing Roman

KingJamsie wrote: »
    1st time in the front row, gave us wristbands for the rail

Kids were running up and were being guided away

They stayed for main event & basically blocked my view but didnt mind they loved seeing Roman

Ah, I saw wristbands at one point and was wondering. Thats cool. I've been front row before and HATED the battle it could become. Like, literally with punches and kicks from kids. Glad to hear that the people who got front row had some protection at long last.

• Advertisement

Anyone go to the Bray Wyatt Singing ??

Ah, I saw wristbands at one point and was wondering. Thats cool. I've been front row before and HATED the battle it could become. Like, literally with punches and kicks from kids. Glad to hear that the people who got front row had some protection at long last.

I don't know who you were surrounded by but I've been up the front lots of times and it's always been grand, always get the 1 cock but everyone used to go to the rail for entrances and sit back down for the match, was grand.

Nah I was ringside before as well and it was horrible said id never get those seats again but if they are stopping all the crap that was going on I might try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

We were sitting in the second row of the tiered seating and you could see kids bolting at the end of every match but there was security there to stop them and send them back - a few obvs straggled through but it wasnt as bad as i've seen it before!

One thing to note that just annoyed me massively.....
    I was in the second row tiered - and literally two small kids in front of me.... but whenever guys come out.... i would stand up.... cheer and shout/boo etc. then sit for the matches - there was me and a mate.... and a group of about 8-10 guys behind me that would do the same.... we had craic with chants etc. At the main event we all stood up to boo Reigns etc.... then a guys shouts from behind us to sit the F down my kids etc.... started to throw abuse to one of the guys behind us.... getting fairly aggressive!

Whats your opinions?
    Like I paid for my seat... in a good location.... the same as he did.... the same as the guys behind me did.... Do I really have to tailor my experience to facilitate some1 elses?

During entrances I say fair game, boo, stand, run to barrier, whatever, but once the bell rings sit the F down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

We were sitting in the second row of the tiered seating and you could see kids bolting at the end of every match but there was security there to stop them and send them back - a few obvs straggled through but it wasnt as bad as i've seen it before!

One thing to note that just annoyed me massively.....
    I was in the second row tiered - and literally two small kids in front of me.... but whenever guys come out.... i would stand up.... cheer and shout/boo etc. then sit for the matches - there was me and a mate.... and a group of about 8-10 guys behind me that would do the same.... we had craic with chants etc. At the main event we all stood up to boo Reigns etc.... then a guys shouts from behind us to sit the F down my kids etc.... started to throw abuse to one of the guys behind us.... getting fairly aggressive!

Whats your opinions?
    Like I paid for my seat... in a good location.... the same as he did.... the same as the guys behind me did.... Do I really have to tailor my experience to facilitate some1 elses?

In block C? Then yeah the guy behind you got OTT aggressive, ready to throw punches by the looks of it.

I enjoyed the event. Delighted to see my guy Bobby Roode again in six months form the SD show last Nov. The bout with him wasn't Glorious thou...maybe he was taking it "easy" on his Birthday :)

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I don't know who you were surrounded by but I've been up the front lots of times and it's always been grand, always get the 1 cock but everyone used to go to the rail for entrances and sit back down for the match, was grand.

I've not done it for a few years now, but there was a string of shows in a row where I got front row, and it was a nightmare.

I wouldn't mind if kids ran to the barrier politely, or if they kind of filled the spaces around those who spent the cash on getting the front row tickets.

But more often than not, it was a torrid wave of kids who spat, kicked and punched their way ahead of people who paid good money for the seats, and were just horrible to deal with. Last time, I even got puked on and all. Zero respect, and the security guys weren't bothered either.

Thrilled to hear they are doing more. If you spend the cash, and get lucky enough, to get front row tickets, being able to be comfortable at the barricades should be the least you expect.

And thats ignoring the dangerous side of kids getting trampled and hurt too....

I wouldn't mind if kids ran to the barrier politely, or if they kind of filled the spaces around those who spent the cash on getting the front row tickets.

But more often than not, it was a torrid wave of kids who spat, kicked and punched their way ahead of people who paid good money for the seats, and were just horrible to deal with. QUOTE]

Their parents were even more horrible to deal with.

I've not done it for a few years now, but there was a string of shows in a row where I got front row, and it was a nightmare.

But more often than not, it was a torrid wave of kids who spat, kicked and punched their way ahead of people who paid good money for the seats, and were just horrible to deal with. Last time, I even got puked on and all. Zero respect, and the security guys weren't bothered either.

Thrilled to hear they are doing more. If you spend the cash, and get lucky enough, to get front row tickets, being able to be comfortable at the barricades should be the least you expect.

And thats ignoring the dangerous side of kids getting trampled and hurt too....

Weird, maybe it depends where you end up, I always end up on the corner D with a oldish security man with a grey beard, he's sound.

• Advertisement

Remember last Novs Dublin SD live event was announced later than the rest of the tour but as I I siad earlier the 3arena seems to be booked solid the 2 weeks there on tour. Only date free is Sunday 11th Nov which would be the last day in the SD tour ???

Advertisement