Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    I used to absolutely LOVE cod but in 2012 I can't fathom why people can gain entertainment out of it anymore. And that's an honest opinion. Just look at what else is on offer - but perhaps I'm being a little too hard on seven year old pieces of kit?! (Has it been that long?)

I've recently upgraded to next gen (Yeah, PC) and let me say, that it smells like roses up here, gents. Once you grab yourself a PC there's no turning back. I love what made Cod great i.e - close quarter combat. But Battlefield have actually made a better Call of Duty than Activision.

This ancient garbage these people use to make Cod is irrelevant. I'll leave COD to the school kids to fight over K/D ratios in the classroom or easily entertained individuals willing to take it up the batty every year.

Well, isn't this a megabitch thread?! Ironic to see people defend COD in a megabitch thread....but hey, thats what blind fanboyism does to you...

I see you as the main quest in Skyrim. You're going to have to chose between the stormcloaks and the imperials. This chopping and changing between being a fanboy of one franchise and troll of the other is surely not good for you.

Let me refresh you:

Suggest BF in the Cod beers thread.
    How about throwing in €10 each and renting out some room somewhere with a projector or something so that we can have Battlefield 3 on as well.
    But then you're claiming that you've gone back to Cod in the BF forum.
    I've recently gone back to playing MW3 (not because it's amazing) but because DICE have let us down with a total lack of new content for Battlefield.
    Love CoD, Hate Dice
    ....I have re-discovered my love ....
    Then you go all dramatic and claim "I'm selling this ****" and top it off with this gem

....I've made my mind up....

Have you decided whether you're a fanboy or a troll or just mixed up? You're changing your opinion more times than the weather. But I'm just a blind fanboy who takes it up the batty what do I know?

PS: what is the batty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

yimrsg wrote: »
    I see you as the main quest in Skyrim. You're going to have to chose between the stormcloaks and the imperials.

SPOILER

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

yimrsg wrote: »
    I see you as the main quest in Skyrim. You're going to have to chose between the stormcloaks and the imperials.

20411.png

Inner nerd rising! That's a side quest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

*note to self*
    If you're going to take on yimrsg delete post history

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

gimli2112 wrote: »
    *note to self*
    If you're going to take on yimrsg delete post history

xokws.png
    xokws

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Don't think any one here has any issue with any one not liking the game,just people coming on with an "I'm better than you attitude". Just cause you got a "new" pc and don't play cod, don't make you any better than any one with a console.Thats the attitude of a 12 year old after getting a new toy or a reborn christian idiot, who tries to convert everyone to he's way of thinking cause he believes, the old thing he discovered is actually new.
    Plenty of people here have multiple consoles and gaming pc's(its nothing special) but choose to play cod on console for various reasons, mainly social and the ease of throwing it on and playing straight away.I play pc games(mainly rpgs) abit but choose to play cod and bf3 on the xbox as I know more people playing on consoles than pc.
    At the moment I'm not playing cod cause I burned myself out playing it but I can fully understand why people still play it. Its a great game(connection issues aside) that you can pick up and play regardless of skill level and very accessible. I have little or no doubt that I'll end up throwing it on again soon enough and have a laugh playing it and waste another month of my life giving out about the game, but for a game to have that effect it has to be good.I've played plenty of games that I can't even remember. For a game to provoke so much anger and passion in people it has to be great, otherwise why would you bother keep talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I agree with most of what you said meat... but MW3 is NOT a great game, its not even an OK game. Lack of competition = popular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played cod online on consoles since MW2 and mostly really enjoyed it. It has it's moments tho and I've twisted my fair share of pads in half. Don't care if it's a critical or commercial success if I likes it I likes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Magill wrote: »
    I agree with most of what you said meat... but MW3 is NOT a great game, its not even an OK game. Lack of competition = popular game.

Tend to agree ,but was talking about the franchise as a whole.MW3 definitely the weakest of the lot.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Tend to agree ,but was talking about the franchise as a whole.MW3 definitely the weakest of the lot.

Ahhhh.. no doubt its been a good series so far.

For LOL's, i'd rate the games as follows

CoD:UO 4/5
    CoD2 5/5
    Cod3 1/5
    CoD4 4/5
    W@W 3/5
    MW2 3/5
    Blops 3.5/5
    MW3 1.5/5

Overall 3/5

Better than most series I guess ! :D

It is a shame that there's such a lack of good shooters for people to play on xbox/PS3, if activision actually had to compete for players with 4 or 5 other decent shooters (excluding BF/Halo) then they'd no doubt have to put a lot more effort into CoD.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Don't think any one here has any issue with any one not liking the game,just people coming on with an "I'm better than you attitude". Just cause you got a "new" pc and don't play cod, don't make you any better than any one with a console.Thats the attitude of a 12 year old after getting a new toy or a reborn christian idiot, who tries to convert everyone to he's way of thinking cause he believes, the old thing he discovered is actually new.
    Plenty of people here have multiple consoles and gaming pc's(its nothing special) but choose to play cod on console for various reasons, mainly social and the ease of throwing it on and playing straight away.I play pc games(mainly rpgs) abit but choose to play cod and bf3 on the xbox as I know more people playing on consoles than pc.
    At the moment I'm not playing cod cause I burned myself out playing it but I can fully understand why people still play it. Its a great game(connection issues aside) that you can pick up and play regardless of skill level and very accessible. I have little or no doubt that I'll end up throwing it on again soon enough and have a laugh playing it and waste another month of my life giving out about the game, but for a game to have that effect it has to be good.I've played plenty of games that I can't even remember. For a game to provoke so much anger and passion in people it has to be great, otherwise why would you bother keep talking about it.

It's not a holier than thou attitude and I never, for one second intended to come across in that way. If people perceived it like that, then my apologies - however the reason I said it was because COD gets so much attention these days (mostly from kiddies but from the plenty even in here that's willing to back it to the hilt to the people we all know earning big money on YouTube), I honestly can't fathom how a person would get entertainment from a game I see a fundamentally lacking compared with what is available on other platforms. I just don't think it deserves the limelight.

I had BF3 on Xbox too but on PC it's an entirely different animal. Perhaps those that put it down are judging it based on the console versions so I just wanted to set that straight. Also, I too used to play console as a social thing and have done right up to BLOPS but MW3 doesn't give my friends 10 minutes of entertainment at all - it drains the life right out of the room. I'll be putting my console away for good - we can play a superior version of a game even with controllers on PC.

All I'm trying to say is that buying a decent (even average PC) will give you far more entertainment and options than what is available on console these days. After all, we are talking about hardware nearly 8 years old. And if you do, looking at MW3 is like trying to muster up the energy or interest to throw on the original Playstation to play some crappy Z rated game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Connection tonight is beyond garbage for everyone, dunno if they've ****ed up matchmaking or changed something or what but everything feels slow and there are hitmarkers galore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cossax wrote: »
    Connection tonight is beyond garbage for everyone, dunno if they've ****ed up matchmaking or changed something or what but everything feels slow and there are hitmarkers galore.

My connection ingame was ok but the matchmaking is unreal, getting kicked from lobbies after every game and waitin 5 minutes to balance teams... So shît!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

same here, game was ok, but kicked after every game, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

3 times last night was playing fairly(for me anyway) well for a change, one off Pavelow, game freezes, searching for new connection, comes back on and all my stats are zeroed for no reason, doing my head in as it's getting more common lately :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Magill wrote: »

I'm sure some will say different, whether some are lying to themselves only they know, but in this forum, I'm convinced that if you take away the banter (truly hate that word + I don't necessarily mean in a gameplay sense) aspect, people playing it regularly wouldn't have reason to play it.

Compared to previous CoD games, MW3 isn't a patch on previous CoD games. I'd put it lower than the god awful CoD3 title.
    _Gawd_ wrote: »
    It's not a holier than thou attitude and I never, for one second intended to come across in that way. If people perceived it like that, then my apologies - however the reason I said it was because COD gets so much attention these days (mostly from kiddies but from the plenty even in here that's willing to back it to the hilt to the people we all know earning big money on YouTube), I honestly can't fathom how a person would get entertainment from a game I see a fundamentally lacking compared with what is available on other platforms. I just don't think it deserves the limelight.

I had BF3 on Xbox too but on PC it's an entirely different animal. Perhaps those that put it down are judging it based on the console versions so I just wanted to set that straight. Also, I too used to play console as a social thing and have done right up to BLOPS but MW3 doesn't give my friends 10 minutes of entertainment at all - it drains the life right out of the room. I'll be putting my console away for good - we can play a superior version of a game even with controllers on PC.

All I'm trying to say is that buying a decent (even average PC) will give you far more entertainment and options than what is available on console these days. After all, we are talking about hardware nearly 8 years old. And if you do, looking at MW3 is like trying to muster up the energy or interest to throw on the original Playstation to play some crappy Z rated game.

That's how I feel.

Off topic but on BF3, and I have played BF3 on PC every now and again over the last 6-8 months but besides the game mode Conquest, I don't see much reason for myself to play the game on PC. I'm predominately a Rush player but the numbers for console are perfect but for one or two maps where it could do with perhaps 8 more players at least. The Armoured Kill DLC though I'am worried about being a console player. Just my 2c on that briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I'd play BF for the close quarter's DLC,I find I get too bored playing Normal maps on CQ,I assume that's why you play Rush most of the time a good bit more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

-Ade- wrote: »
    I'm convinced that if you take away the banter (truly hate that word + I don't necessarily mean in a gameplay sense) aspect, people playing it regularly wouldn't have reason to play it.

I've defended the game in parts before, I'd still play it ahead of certain other games but this statement is very true. My playtime alone on this game would be < a day

The ability to run BF3 at more than 30fps alone makes the PC version far superior imo,(Besides you can choose different size servers from 4-64 on PC, so if you like the smaller numbers you have on console you can play on the same sized servers). Not that i've played a whole lot of it on either platform.

Obligatory MW3 bitch.... why u no good game ?

I'd play BF for the close quarter's DLC,I find I get too bored playing Normal maps on CQ,I assume that's why you play Rush most of the time a good bit more exciting.

Well, to an extent, yes. Rush just suits our play style better. That's not to say I (we) cannot play Conquest of course after all, we rarely lose a match as it is. But that aside, for Conquest as I eluded to before, there are a handful of maps which as great as they are, are just muck for 12 vs 12.

If it were 20 vs 20, it'd be perfect. 32 v 32 seems a bit much for all but a few maps.
    AdamD wrote: »
    I've defended the game in parts before, I'd still play it ahead of certain other games but this statement is very true. My playtime alone on this game would be < a day

You have competitive matches at least, which is something else to top of it all. Maybe that's considered banter for yourself? But as I've stressed before, power to the people who still enjoy the game.

But I still struggle to grasp how people can truly enjoy MW3, taking away the banter and focusing entirely on the gameplay. Probably because it's relatively easy to play I suppose. Admittedly when I do sign in and see my friends list and see the usual names playing, I do view it with some astonishment honestly. Even compared to MW2 which by god, did I give it some stick back in the day, MW2 is a masterpiece compared to MW3. Okay maybe not that but significantly better IMO despite the BS in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

-Ade- wrote: »

You have competitive matches at least, which is something else to top of it all. Maybe that's considered banter for yourself? But as I've stressed before, power to the people who still enjoy the game.
    Yeah its with the same 3/4 people I've always played with. I don't play 'pick ups' with random people or ringer gbs like I used to because the games just not that fun. Rebought fifa :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yeah it's just painful recently, I've gone back to playing halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

It sucks! That aside, when I move into g town and black ops 2 drops prepare yourselves ! Motha ****in 4 bars! /ot

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I transitioned to BF3 from MW3 by playing only TDM for ages. No vehicles, Close quarters. It helped me unlock stuff quickly and really got me to start using some of the gadgets and figuring out how to play the game.

Of course now I have absolutely no unlocks for vehicles at all but it made me appreciate what a more enjoyable experience BF3 on xbox is than COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I transitioned to BF3 from MW3 by playing only TDM for ages. No vehicles, Close quarters. It helped me unlock stuff quickly and really got me to start using some of the gadgets and figuring out how to play the game.

Of course now I have absolutely no unlocks for vehicles at all but it made me appreciate what a more enjoyable experience BF3 on xbox is than COD.

Thinking about making the same switch. I got up to level 60 on COD but I'm still about average or just below. Problem is it takes me ages to learn a map. The only one i know 100% on COD is Dome so it will take me a while to get used to BF3

Not sure if you meant that, but I think you'll like Close Quarters DLC if you haven't bought it. It's Domination but with random spawns (I originally thought this would be BS but over time have grown to love it) entirely, so there is no spawn trapping or the like. It's usually players playing flat out for the objective, running from flag to flag capping it. If you do want to win, a squad of 3 or 4 with constant communication is a must.

Thinking about making the same switch. I got up to level 60 on COD but I'm still about average or just below. Problem is it takes me ages to learn a map. The only one i know 100% on COD is Dome so it will take me a while to get used to BF3

I feel at times I should be a tad biased considering my position but as can be seen from reading my posts, I despise MW3 very strongly. I'd highly recommend the game that shall not be spoken. Tis restored my faith in FPS games tbh.

As for the maps, some are daunting at first and maybe for a couple of weeks after that. But if you learn call outs, you'll be grand for the most part. In Conquest which is basically Domination with set bases as I said previously, each flag has a name for it, like D flag is called construction for example, or A flag is called beach. When you learn them, like in CoD though nowhere near as daunting it's grand.

Know the maps inch by inch, block by block now.

In Rush (progressive Demolition in CoD terms), I have a 2 or 3 planned routes depending on the situation. I've drawn them up on some of the maps so the rest of the lads who didn't know that I play with could take note of them for future. Probably have them saved on my other laptop. But if you do buy the game and want me to forward some of them, give us a shout.

Just again, if you do buy it, I really recommend playing with others. Unlike in CoD, it is very hard to dominate and win matches in BF3 with even two people (albeit possible if you get a spack lobby) let alone on your own. All in all, I don't regret whatsoever for making the switch to BF3 and binning (well, trading in) MW3 for good months ago.

Yeah, MW3... booooooourns.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

arrrrgh, Terminal is coming to 360 next weekend and not on PS3, boooooooo! I'd actually start playing MW3 again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

krudler wrote: »
    arrrrgh, Terminal is coming to 360 next weekend and not on PS3, boooooooo! I'd actually start playing MW3 again

Because of Microsfots wonderful agreement with Activision it won't come to PS3 til next month :mad:

Advertisement