Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

hypermuse wrote: »
    haha seriously!! you can do that.. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!!

It had to of been a glitch or something, it just defeats the whole purpose of ONE in the chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Just got a pred headshot. Jumped with joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Balfie wrote: »
    Just got a pred headshot. Jumped with joy.

Got one on Lynx last night, tis great craic when you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Spent all daying looking at apartments in Limerick, started off with some great ones... Saw alot of crap ones too but eventually found the right one for us :D

Comes with 13 inch wall mounted tvs in each bedroom and a 37 inch in the sitting room. Delighted to be moving back into the 'big' city :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Sabotage spawn raping ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Played the new FFA Gunplay playlist.

All or Nothing - Needs to be a gamemode of it's own. It's soooooo good!
    One in the Chamber - Really fun. Would like to see it as it's own gamemode.
    GunGame 18 Guns - Standard GG. Fun enough.
    GunGame 3x6 Guns - I don't enjoy this as much as GG18 or AoN. Can do without it.

Also, played on Downturn for the first time in months on TDM. Did they (or are they) trying to take Downturn out of rotation. I play a good bit of CoD per day and yet this is the first time since launch that I have played on it.

hope so, worst map ever, and it had the potential to be so good, a COD map set on the streets of NY? yes please, they missed a big opportunity for having lots of elevated parts and long sniper lines through the buildings, instead half the bloody map is either indoors or undergroun. Air support is useless on it as theres so many places to get away from it, I got an ac-130 on it once and didnt get a single kill with it, was raging. it should have been more like Crossfire from COD4 but with higher floors and lose the subway part.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Map would be good if they got rid of all the tanks and other stuff which blocks sightlines, then scaled it down by 30%.

AdamD wrote: »
    Map would be good if they got rid of all the tanks and other stuff which blocks sightlines, then scaled it down by 30%.

aye, that area in the middle over the B flag should be more open, something like that map on Blops with the no mans land, what that called?

black box is a nice little map, reminds me of Bailout

krudler wrote: »
    aye, that area in the middle over the B flag should be more open, something like that map on Blops with the no mans land, what that called?

black box is a nice little map, reminds me of Bailout

Berlin Wall?

Not sure I like Black Box that much in the little I've played it, lots of long sight-lines and high points looking at B makes it one dangerous flag to cap.

In fact, thinking about it, routes/defence at B flags in MW3 tend to be a bit less equal than on MW2. I reckon that the better MW3 maps (I'm thinking Hardhat, Arkaden and Dome and to a less extent Mission, Village, Seatown and Resistance - there are plenty of things wrong with the these but still better than the rest) have fairly equal access to the B flag.

If you think of the other maps;
    B on Bootleg is a nightmare to capture if they have C as they spawn between C/B and can come at you from at least 3 different places.
    B on Lockdown has very little protection from the the team who controls A side as they have the couch window, the long corridor, the archway, down the stairs and the corner by the sandbags.
    B on Carbon - very little cover if you're capping it from C side compared to A side.
    B on Fallen - nightmare to capture if you're coming from C side, so much cover for the defenders.
    B on Outpost, loads of cover on C side.
    B on Interchange, plenty of cover for those coming from C side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

In regards to DLC, do those of you that have the maps get p*ssed off that ye dont get to play them much because alot of us dont have them? I know people say theyre crap anyway but if I pay for something I want the option to use it or in this case play it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Only been back on xbox since yesterday, but in the parties I was in, it took a while to find a game. Is that the same for most people? I find a game straight away if playing solo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

IPAM wrote: »
    In regards to DLC, do those of you that have the maps get p*ssed off that ye dont get to play them much because alot of us dont have them? I know people say theyre crap anyway but if I pay for something I want the option to use it or in this case play it

Well to be honest, I would like the option to play the new maps with a BRDS party but wouldn't go as far to say I get p*ssed cos I can't play them.

Once I'm in a party, tis all the same :D

Cossax wrote: »
    Berlin Wall?

Not sure I like Black Box that much in the little I've played it, lots of long sight-lines and high points looking at B makes it one dangerous flag to cap.

In fact, thinking about it, routes/defence at B flags in MW3 tend to be a bit less equal than on MW2. I reckon that the better MW3 maps (I'm thinking Hardhat, Arkaden and Dome and to a less extent Mission, Village, Seatown and Resistance - there are plenty of things wrong with the these but still better than the rest) have fairly equal access to the B flag.

If you think of the other maps;
    B on Bootleg is a nightmare to capture if they have C as they spawn between C/B and can come at you from at least 3 different places.
    B on Lockdown has very little protection from the the team who controls A side as they have the couch window, the long corridor, the archway, down the stairs and the corner by the sandbags.
    B on Carbon - very little cover if you're capping it from C side compared to A side.
    B on Fallen - nightmare to capture if you're coming from C side, so much cover for the defenders.
    B on Outpost, loads of cover on C side.
    B on Interchange, plenty of cover for those coming from C side.

I played a few games on Black Box there and I really like it, long sight lines are good there way too much clutter on most maps.

B should always be hard to take imo, its the game changing flag on Dom, there are loads of maps where you intitial spawning side favours being able to take B first like you said. like on Skidrow on MW2, if you spawn at the A side out in the open you just have to run,climb the boxes and get into the middle building and you're right at B, with a lightweight class it takes a few seconds, whereas if you spawn on the C side you either take the long way around passing the corridor of death near A or go through the middle and have to go up the stairs.

krudler wrote: »
    I played a few games on Black Box there and I really like it, long sight lines are good there way too much clutter on most maps.

B should always be hard to take imo, its the game changing flag on Dom, there are loads of maps where you intitial spawning side favours being able to take B first like you said. like on Skidrow on MW2, if you spawn at the A side out in the open you just have to run,climb the boxes and get into the middle building and you're right at B, with a lightweight class it takes a few seconds, whereas if you spawn on the C side you either take the long way around passing the corridor of death near A or go through the middle and have to go up the stairs.

I'm not sure A is too much of an advantage for getting to B on Skidrow, that back alley from C to B allows you into B without them having much protection.

Indeed, I think it's bad map design if you have C and in order to cap B you have to take A and then B and give up C - something which, by and large at least, didn't happen much in MW2 but does a fair bit on MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got the Overachiever title this weekend but would just like to say Fcuk you "Flooding the Market". Got killed countless times utterly randomly.

Me: This green smoke is really hurting me
    Mate: Don't worry you'll be fine
    Me: I'm really red
    Mate: Gim, relax you'll be ok buddy
    Me: I'm dead

Dogs Friendly fire That fkun chopper The other chopper Grenades Super soldiers artillery.........

Also that negotiator DLC one is ridiculously hard on three stars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

IPAM wrote: »

Not at all, I prefer having non-premium people in the party. Means we don't have to play them :cool:

I'm just annoyed I shelled out for the hardened edition in the first place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

At first I didn't mind but now I don't even play the game.... Waste of €90 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

At first I didn't mind but now I don't even play the game.... Waste of €90 :(

I thought that at first. Last October I bought BF3 and when MW3 was released, I had been so "institutionalized" that I thought it sucked. I literally didn't play it for months - I didn't even want to play it, it just wasn't entertaining to me.

Recently, I have re-discovered my love for quick/no-scoping and Foundation and Sanctuary is the perfect practice ground for me - it has kinda hooked me in now. That is in part because DICE have failed to keep up with new content for BF3.

am loving Black Box, moar of that kind of map please IW, it has sightlines and everything, you can actually see parts of the map that are a good distance away. its like most of the maps they purposefully went "well you've a clear line of sight there and it would mean people could actually see people coming, fcuk it, stick a stack of boxes or a burnt out car there" COD4 and MW2 had that too but they had brilliant sightlines as well, not just for snipers, at first I liked how chaotic the MW3 maps were but now they're just annoying save a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Finical wrote: »
    Only been back on xbox since yesterday, but in the parties I was in, it took a while to find a game. Is that the same for most people? I find a game straight away if playing solo though.
    Can anyone confirm this or just happens for me? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finical wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this or just happens for me? :(

When I was in a party on xbox it took ages ya,didn't really try solo though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The first completely lag free day I've had playing this game so far. Better yet the patch was released the same day my Turtle Beach PX5 Surround Sound Headset arrived. Had some pretty enjoyable OITC games earlier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Throwing knife across the map :) hundreds of knifes later but still...

L86 LSW why have I not used you until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

really good gun but you move really slow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thermal + grip = insta kill laser gun

x43r0 wrote: »

I know its amazing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

x43r0 wrote: »

Red dot + Silencer = better then your class

ugglasdav wrote: »
    Red dot + Silencer = better then your class