Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I went back to the xbox after a couple of months away. Last night, game after game of enemies lagging around the maps. I seem to be getting a 3 bar in every game. Even a two bar in one game :confused: . I'm on upc 25mb before I stopped playing the xbox, I was on a 4 bar almost every game.
    I wonder is it because I haven't downloaded any maps and so am in uk/yank lobbies??

I'm still lagging hard for some reason. I downloaded the free maps when they came out but that shouldn't be causing the lag (if you havn't downloaded them I mean)

JoePie wrote: »
    Dropshotting.

This one dude last night did not know how to play any other way. Watching the killcam on Arkaden let's say, if he was coming out of back door, and you were running in front door and missed him completely, he'd still go for the long-distance dropshot.

While his mate lay prone in a corner behind escalators.

GODDAMN.

I have to admit that I'm gone mad dropshotting myself lately but only because of the severe lag I'm facing. Usually enemies see me before I see them because they have some sort of god mode connection while I do nothing but lag around the place like an edgit. Also I have had to resort to running either MP7 with rapid fire or PP90M1 with rapid fire on every class because they fire the fastest but even taking all that into consideration I still get owned.

Anyway if there's a guy dropshotting all the time just do a little strafing and shoot him in the head...you should beat him a good % of the time.

Just made me think about all the times I get knifed trying to dropshot too, happens me way too often because I use tactical layout...Getting knifed makes me fkn rage hard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

Im sure im not saying anything new here but is assassin way overpowered or what?It keeps you off uavs hb sensors motion sensors thermal and no name tag or cuavs.Thats way 2 much for one perk and its so easy to get pro compared to most other perks.Ghost in blops was bad but there was a blackbird.And dogs.But nothing like that in mw3. They have made ghost(which was already op)even stronger and taken away any means to counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Well, considering they're totally sperate game series under the same franchise, and the fact that Assassin has more than likely been modelled on Cold Blooded, it's weaker than in the previous MW. Just get a helipcopter up in the sky and if they don't have Blind Eye on, they're getting taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

Assassin has more than likely been modelled on Cold Blooded, it's weaker than in the previous MW. Just get a helipcopter up in the sky and if they don't have Blind Eye on, they're getting taken out.

This is about the only way mw2 cold blooded beats mw3 assassin.cold blooded on its own didnt keep you off hb sensors nor did it negate the effects of cuav.Plus it had to compete with stopping power,which made it much less prevalent than assassin is in mw3.I think mw3 assassin is more similar to ghost in blops because of the other perks available.You will see way more ghost and assassin than you will see cold blooded in mw2.And for me at least thats not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Well, considering they're totally sperate game series under the same franchise, and the fact that Assassin has more than likely been modelled on Cold Blooded, it's weaker than in the previous MW. Just get a helipcopter up in the sky and if they don't have Blind Eye on, they're getting taken out.

Assassin should probably be 2 different perks if you keep the general perks of MW3 (I know Cold Blooded was split into Assassin and Blind Eye but still), one Cold Blooded style and the other should be counter-UAV/EMP resistance.

Besides, there was Stopping Power in MW2 competing with Cold Blooded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Yeah, but so much Assassin is used by kids wanting to stay off radars. Come up against anyone decent and they'll use it the odd time sure, but you'll see them using better setups.

Recon is easily one of the more powerful perks in the game. Pair that up with Hardline and Stalker, and you're laughing like. Fling grenades everywhere, get those assists, and you've got enemies on your map. There's your counter to Assassin. Or use a Recon Drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quickdraw >

**** Assassin if you can't outgun me

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Anyone having trouble logging onto the MW3 server on Xbox? Got disconnected last night and haven't been able to get back on just keeps telling me I'm not connected to Live but clearly am.:mad:

Any thoughts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I got that the other day. I cleared the system cache and turned off the router and was able to get in then.
    seems to be a common enough problem at the moment.

Support streaks (EMP and Stealth Bomber mostly) are just ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Can't wait to see the back of mw3 the worst cod of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Does anyone play this game anymore?

NufcNavan wrote: »

Quite a few Xboxers, anyway.

Where there's sh*t , theres maggots :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

obviously, the most played game on ps3/360:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Says the man united supporter.....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I aint played it in months now and tbh, I don't miss it at all..

Just been playing skyrim, MGS and the other FPS that shall not be named here... Much more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Only get to play for couple of hours a week so usually play mw3. If there is nobody online I might play mass effect 2, so good :)

everlast75 wrote: »

Says the man united supporter.....

:pac:

Lol Jelousy will get you no where :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

God if he was a City supporter this would be brilliant!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »

God if he was a City supporter this would be brilliant!!! :pac:

Wouldnt Make a difference , we are untouchable in terms of success and we lost to a better man city team who should of ran away with the league on goal difference.

19 leagues come back when you get that far :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early? :mad:

Back on-topic :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gotta start somewhere, give it time ;)

Edit: sorry Lee, I'm out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Love the way that MW3 irritates many more people than genital warts, scabies and crabs ever will. Even the pigeon-posters have come down MW3 mites!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Iv stopped playing MW3 too - I do enjoy games of Black ops and COD 4 if anyone would be up for a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I tend to enjoy MW3,must be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I tend to enjoy MW3,must be just me.

I quite like it too but don't think we're allowed in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I should add that I enjoy it 10x in a party.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It's been 5 months since my last confessionsession on MW3, but yet I'm still annoyed at myself for not getting rid of it sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

-Ade- wrote: »
    It's been 5 months since my last confessionsession on MW3, but yet I'm still annoyed at myself for not getting rid of it sooner.

Now say two hail Marys and one Our Father for your sins.

Go in peace.

Advertisement