Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Just played a few games since the patch, got a MOAB in one then it began to slow down (literally), it was like running around on a two bar, constant slowing down and delayed hit detection and getting shot around corners etc.
    What ever they did in the patch it is badly affecting the gameplay for me, makes me want to play less and less.

Same here. Was playing on Mission TDM and I just couldn't get any kills what-so-ever. There must be a glitch or something in this new patch because I have seen A LOT more Pave Low's in the past week or so compared to last week. (Last Week was Javelin Week it seemed)

Absolutely frustrated with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Just put in COD4 for the first time today. I got it back in 2007 but I didn't have XboxLive then so played the single player once and put it on the shelf.

Today I took it out and put it in. Now I see what the fuss was about. The difference between MW3 and COD4 is night and day. What has COD become?

COD4 is f*cking AWESOME!

the 3/5/7 setup was so much better than the clusterfcuk of killstreaks it is now, you didnt see people camping for choppers you actually went out to get kills

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

krudler wrote: »
    the 3/5/7 setup was so much better than the clusterfcuk of killstreaks it is now, you didnt see people camping for choppers you actually went out to get kills

Just played Overgrown on COD4 there and the memories of MW2 came flooding back (first online COD I played that had this map as DLC). MW3 is not a bad game in and of itself, but it's incomparable with the older games. COD4 is great. I think I'll stay here for a while :)

Btw, I never bought WaW - would you recommend it? I might go out and buy it and play COD4 and WaW until BLOPS2 comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It's hacked to shít on both consoles, I can't speak for SP whether it's worth buying for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

WaW isn't that hacked on ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

krudler wrote: »
    Just put in COD4 for the first time today. I got it back in 2007 but I didn't have XboxLive then so played the single player once and put it on the shelf.

Today I took it out and put it in. Now I see what the fuss was about. The difference between MW3 and COD4 is night and day. What has COD become?

COD4 is f*cking AWESOME!

Couldn't of put it better meself, you actually had to genuinely be a good player to do well in cod4.

It was gun v gun that required skill unlike the over the top hectic disasters that are mw2 and mw3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

it was I thought?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Couldn't of put it better meself, you actually had to genuinely be a good player to do well in cod4.

It was gun v gun that required skill unlike the over the top hectic disasters that are mw2 and mw3.

Agreed - another one to think about...is it just me or do the ways the maps are designed and structured lead to a "natural flow" to the game? For example, after respawning..a couple of seconds you're back into the fight naturally without any of these artificial 'spawn on the guy that killed you' ****e that destroys MW3 matches?

I just played Crash and we had the building (with the accessible rooftop) locked down and the enemy had the "blue" building across from it locked down. It was a great firefight back and forth and anyone that infiltrated either building would of having to be applauded by both sides. At the end of it all...COD4 is just, well.....FUN. If it had of been MW3, there would be people spawning on top of you, under you, beside you...Juggernauts, 5 Choppers in the sky....overpowered pointstreaks that make 13 y/o's wet themselves...it would of just ruined that matches atmosphere.

Never realised before today, but COD really has changed dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Lockdown is a lovely map.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Agreed - another one to think about...is it just me or do the ways the maps are designed and structured lead to a "natural flow" to the game? For example, after respawning..a couple of seconds you're back into the fight naturally without any of these artificial 'spawn on the guy that killed you' ****e that destroys MW3 matches?

I just played Crash and we had the building (with the accessible rooftop) locked down and the enemy had the "blue" building across from it locked down. It was a great firefight back and forth and anyone that infiltrated either building would of having to be applauded by both sides. At the end of it all...COD4 is just, well.....FUN. If it had of been MW3, there would be people spawning on top of you, under you, beside you...Juggernauts, 5 Choppers in the sky....overpowered pointstreaks that make 13 y/o's wet themselves...it would of just ruined that matches atmosphere.

Never realised before today, but COD really has changed dramatically.

It has, they need to take it back to basics, get rid of all the killstreaks bar UAV, Airstike and either a chopper or harrier or something. COD4 has manic matches without being overloaded with bullsh1t, the only complaints I have with it are theres way too many frags and martyrdom being a perk, but aside from that its the best COD ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

plating on liberation last night sniping away with my barrett happy out, i was up near the corrugated pipe near the tanks and decided to take cover by a tree and have a little look to see where the enemy was, went to jog on, and i was stuck, all i could do was stand and crouch and turn, tried jumping and going prone anything to get of the tree, nothing worked.
    two fellas then jumped the wall behind me so i took them out, then all went quiet till the game ended, very annoying.
    after the gam i got the title hard target, for getting a two kill streak while in mid air.
    how the f can you get stuck on a tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The belt loop probably got stuck on a branch, easily sorted with a throwing knife...

i was blaming my ghillie suit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's hacked to f&ck you will see little bastards flying around and if u watch other players on S&D you will see they have a little cheat console up on the screen! Which is a pity as I wanted to go back and finish the last prestiges!

Something I cannot understand, when some lad is shooting me and just before I die I get a round off, hear the gun go off but nothing happens!? It's not lag cause I can here it in his killcam so do the bullets just disappear!?

FYI: I'm talking about when using a shottie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

IPAM wrote: »
    Something I cannot understand, when some lad is shooting me and just before I die I get a round off, hear the gun go off but nothing happens!? It's not lag cause I can here it in his killcam so do the bullets just disappear!?

Dodgey ammo ? :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Had that before, get 3 hit markers, watch killcam and even though hes taking his they're only doing 2% damage.

Then you get this:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Get an assault moab in 6v6 tdm and it doesnt give me the moab, went on a 26 or 27 gunstreak, doesnt give it to me, thats twice this has happened to me, both times running assault :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Ah sure look,you've enough of them anyway:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A full 10 mins waiting on a game in the lobby..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

everlast75 wrote: »
    A full 10 mins waiting on a game in the lobby..

The last time that happened me i just switched off my router and switched it back on and i had a game with 30 seconds .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Not in a full party though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The last time that happened me i just switched off my router and switched it back on and i had a game with 30 seconds .

it-crowd-moss-and-roy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Anyone having problems with lag tonight? I mean worse lag than usual?

LaVail wrote: »

Little in GW but 6v6 was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Little in GW but 6v6 was ok

Noticed I was getting matched with a lot of UK players so they probably had host most of the games. My ping is about 60-70ms which isn't great at all but sometimes the game lags way too much.

Cheers for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

LaVail wrote: »

I went back to the xbox after a couple of months away. Last night, game after game of enemies lagging around the maps. I seem to be getting a 3 bar in every game. Even a two bar in one game :confused: . I'm on upc 25mb before I stopped playing the xbox, I was on a 4 bar almost every game.
    I wonder is it because I haven't downloaded any maps and so am in uk/yank lobbies??

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Dropshotting.

This one dude last night did not know how to play any other way. Watching the killcam on Arkaden let's say, if he was coming out of back door, and you were running in front door and missed him completely, he'd still go for the long-distance dropshot.

While his mate lay prone in a corner behind escalators.

GODDAMN.

• Advertisement

I dropshot in most close quarter gun fights, it can mean the differance in living and dying :)

Advertisement