Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Would ZCH be suitable for pedigree heifers? Have 4 nice PED 2 yr olds and thinking of using him. Anyone have calves on him? Info on calving difficulty as info on the website is low index reliability

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

MeheeHohee wrote: »
    Would ZCH be suitable for pedigree heifers? Have 4 nice PED 2 yr olds and thinking of using him. Anyone have calves on him? Info on calving difficulty as info on the website is low index reliability

Might be better wait till he's at least, proven for calving.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ger b

Has anyone any experience of using okh lim bull(keltic handsome )?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

ger b wrote: »

Hardly too many calves around off him yet, I'd say there'll be plenty in the spring.

Cheers tanko uncle has a good dancer heifer (off a broadmeadows cannon cow) he's thinking of putting him on her

• Advertisement

Cheers tanko uncle has a good dancer heifer (off a broadmeadows cannon cow) he's thinking of putting him on her

He's a nice looking bull alrite. Kaprico Eravelle seems to be very popular on pedigree heifers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭limo_100

tanko wrote: »
    He's a nice looking bull alrite. Kaprico Eravelle seems to be very popular on pedigree heifers.

hes off ampertaine commander your thinking of the the new tomschoise bulls. I wonder why they bother with two of them and both of the same bull

You can get Eravelle straws off powerful genetics. Looks like a super bull for heifers.

You can get Eravelle straws off powerful genetics. Looks like a super bull for heifers.

thats the bull the tomschoice bulls are off, i think doeva have another one, hes suppose to be excellent for calving ease there better than black bulls and short gestations

Here he is, Kaprico Eravelle;

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Future Farmer

Only 5 Calvings in August Proof, I'd expect there to be a big jump in reliability after the December Proof.

Know a few who have used him, happy with calving easy and short gestation for LM.

Eravelle fine looking animal.with his sire I'd have taught he'd be higher up on the maternal side of things, where keltic seems to have him there terminal side eravelle has it. Looks like a flip of coin job so

Only 5 Calvings in August Proof, I'd expect there to be a big jump in reliability after the December Proof.

Know a few who have used him, happy with calving easy and short gestation for LM.

The lads that used him have anything to say about the quality (shapey,quite etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Eravelle fine looking animal.with his sire I'd have taught he'd be higher up on the maternal side of things, where keltic seems to have him there terminal side eravelle has it. Looks like a flip of coin job so

Fine looking animal that eravelle .. I ai'd one three sat .. Choices were HCA or ZAG .. Went with ZAG for a change, I have 2 blondes to do and if I had ordered in straws in time I would have got Bourvil the Part bull for those 2

sonnybill wrote: »
    Fine looking animal that eravelle .. I ai'd one three sat .. Choices were HCA or ZAG .. Went with ZAG for a change, I have 2 blondes to do and if I had ordered in straws in time I would have got Bourvil the Part bull for those 2

same as that I started ai the autumn calvers on sat put ZCH on hes an impressive looking bull,

limo_100 wrote: »
    same as that I started ai the autumn calvers on sat put ZCH on hes an impressive looking bull,

Bourvil S1363 the part looks impressive @ 2.6% calving diff .

I not used of autumn calving but if I choose to offload these again I hope they be okay time wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Bourvil S1363 the part looks impressive @ 2.6% calving diff .
    €35 a straw though. I sold a bull by him recently. good bull but not for commercial men.

Have you tried Hurricane Gonzo yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Future Farmer

The lads that used him have anything to say about the quality (shapey,quite etc)?

Trevor Boland (Bunna Agri): ZCH Honduras Bull calf off a Sultan STQ BB cow. Born September 2015.

?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Anyone have any suggestions for Pedigree limousine cows, not happy with my calves from last yr. Have been looking at Wilodge Enrico, VDT, ZAG and Ampertaine Gigolo any one have any experience with these? Looking for a well muscled Bull

ZCH does seem to have a good depth of body. Some of these limousins are too tight gutted for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭50HX

anyone with any experience with WRO - have a Limx heifer calving down early in the new year

Anyone have any suggestions for Pedigree limousine cows, not happy with my calves from last yr. Have been looking at Wilodge Enrico, VDT, ZAG and Ampertaine Gigolo any one have any experience with these? Looking for a well muscled Bull

I'm no expert on pedigree breeding, don't have any pedigree lims but have an interest in it. Have some commercial cows in calf to ZAG but he's completely unproven yet.
    What Bulls were you not happy with? If you want muscle what about Haltcliffe Dancer, should bring loads of muscle and you can get 10 straws for €275.

Have used dancer a couple of times great cattle mas due clo throws great bulls not so sure how handy got he is maybe throu the limo society

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ruben37

Guys and Girls if you had a good producing pedigree CH dam with loads of milk, would you take chance using a sire with a bad milk rating. Something along the lines of a one star for milk IE LGL and cf85 to add some Terminal traits to replacements? Lot of people are recommending GPD for her as she is a mature cow but he is a five star for milk. Often in the spring/summer I have had to close this cow of in the corner of the field as she puts up a serious udder at grass her dam line descends from a British Friesian cow many moons ago.

€35 a straw though. I sold a bull by him recently. good bull but not for commercial men.

Have you tried Hurricane Gonzo yet?

oh yeah that's crazy money never in a month of sundays would I spend that for a heifers first calf.

is gonzo easy calved and no I have not tried him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

You wouldn't go wrong with ampertaine foreman or marchermore augustus. Two serious bulls. Seen calves from both and was very impressed.

I'm actually thinking of getting back into the pedigrees again. Let me know if you hear of any broomfield regentcey cows/heifers for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

ruben37 wrote: »
    Guys and Girls if you had a good producing pedigree CH dam with loads of milk, would you take chance using a sire with a bad milk rating. Something along the lines of a one star for milk IE LGL and cf85 to add some Terminal traits to replacements? Lot of people are recommending GPD for her as she is a mature cow but he is a five star for milk. Often in the spring/summer I have had to close this cow of in the corner of the field as she puts up a serious udder at grass her dam line descends from a British Friesian cow many moons ago.
    Purebred with BF background?
    Would you not use a bull, with -3/-5 for milk like CH2066

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ruben37

Can I PM you her pedigree?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

oh yeah that's crazy money never in a month of sundays would I spend that for a heifers first calf.

is gonzo easy calved and no I have not tried him yet

I wouldn't use him on heifers anyways. Not woeful hard at 6.3% but I would be careful at the same time

we have onecrossbred lad off him and he's the best calf we ever had. 380kg at under 10 months and no meal. A pure ball of muscle. Very placid too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

Enrico is a good bull we got €4,000 for a bull by him 2 weeks ago. ZAG should be very good the breeding is there anyway. Gigalo is another good bull. Look at Ampertaine Commander, Honduras, TVR, On dit, Cerberus, FTY and Forman just to name a few.

All those bulls will give you quality cattle and all bar TVR are suitable for heifers.

Advertisement