Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Budgets.png

OH.MY.SWEET.JESUS.

SO MUCH MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Totally wasnt expecting to win this match:

LimerickFCvJuventusInformation_Overview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Not to take anything away from your achievements McLove but the best part of that screenshot for me is the fact that Leon Best scored a brace against Juve

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Not to take anything away from your achievements McLove but the best part of that screenshot for me is the fact that Leon Best scored a brace against Juve

The best part for me was the attendance of 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have this weekend Stoke on Saturday and Norwich on Sunday?

Thats pretty unrealistic, anyone got this before? A match Sat and Sunday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheDoc wrote: »

Happens all the time in Ireland. Some end up with four or five matches in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Don't you be knocking Leon! He's the best player in the Championship this year for me. Well capable of Champions League football!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

TheDoc wrote: »

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Happens all the time in Ireland. Some end up with four or five matches in a week.

I once played two games on the same day, with the same kickoff time in my Suwon save a few years ago. A league and an ACL semi-final game. I think I might have won both, but I forget :D.

I've been given 45 million for T.V rights for the coming season.That's been more than my total turnover for the past 5 years combined. That's more than a million a match I'll be getting. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aberdeen put in a bid for one of my players and I rejected it coz it was 1) Pathetic and 2) He has 2 years left on his contract.

I got a message from his agent saying he wants to open new contract negotiations with Waterford United. He looked for €700 more which isn't going to break my bank and now I have him for a year longer! :D

I've never had this happen before.

• Advertisement

320467_10152110106625307_784909896_n.jpg

390394_10152110105950307_357837814_n.jpg

Hopefully this makes Waterford United a more attractive club!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Started playing a few weeks ago as Fulham (randomised to get a middle of the table team). Had a dream start, won all of my pre-season games, which included Europa League qualifiers. Had to play Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Man United in first 5/6 games, managed to take 7 points from that, and performed well in Europe (apart from being hammered by Roma in Rome 6-0 in first game of group stage).

All went Pete Tong around Christmas, half my team seemed to be injured all the time and couldn't win a game to save my life. Went from competing for European qualification to slowly sliding down the table. Looked to be safe though towards the very end of season, we needed to pick up maybe 1 win from last few games, but kept on losing. Second last game of the season resulted in a loss, which had us relegated, and I was immediately fired, replaced by AVB :o

Started job hunting immediately, Nottingham Forest (relegated themselves down to League 1) laughed at my application. Applied for some Irish jobs, received an offer from Waterford, was waiting on a decision from Shels so waited. In mean time St. Pat's offered me a job, so I took it.

It was mid-way through their season, they were in 8th. Dragged them up the table, managed to get into title contention, but at one stage we had 4 games in hand so got a severe run of matches every 2 days, so my players were wrecked. Finished in 3rd, so qualified for Europa League, and can now set myself up to tackle the league properly.

Went searching for free agents, picked up Kevin Kilbane :pac: who became my captain, great find for first 3/4 games of season, but then he went and injured himself for 3 months. :mad: Currently top of table after about 8 games, looking to pull away early so I'm not stuck with fixture pileup at end needing wins. Also looking to compete well in one (or both) cups, need to win me some silverware.

Any tips for playing in Ireland? Money is dreadful, really counting on getting through to group stages of Europa to earn some cash...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Read everything by Mars Bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Playing the Northern Ireland game, had a 2-0 loss to Isreal in my first game thankfully a friendly but was just trying to figure out formation, players etc.
    So first real game is against Serbia.... Great. Play the long ball to Kyle Lafferty's head is the tactic and have Chris Brunt and Paddy McCourt sprinting around him. 1-0 down in 3 mins thanks to a stupid penalty. Here we go. Paddy Mc Court scores in the 16th and we hold on for the game, barely. Then Paddy gets himself injured so I bring on Martin Paterson to close out the game and he only goes and scores the winner in the 91st minute! Nearly jumped for joy :D.

2nd game is against Slovenia, another tough game, but poor Paddy dosn't recover for it, so I bring in young Shane Feguson, he has no impact whatsover but they scored an OG. Then Dedic scored to make it 1-1 and that's how it ended. So I can't complain really.

Would have definitely took 4 points at the start of the 2 games. Currently 2 points behind Italy, both of us have played 5 games, Serbia and Slovenia have played 6 just Estonia left who are dodgy, they are on 5 games as well. Then Faroe Islands are there on 5 :D.

So the league table is
    Team.......... Pld.........Pts
    Italy............5...........11
    Norn Ire........5..........9
    Slovenia.......6...........9
    Serbia..........6..........7
    Estonia........5...........6
    Faroe..........5...........1

So I still have hopes of qualifying in 2nd which was always the plan. Love reading up on your stories by the way, makes me want to keep playing (But I can't cause of stupid work Grrrr) so keep them coming :) if anyone has any advice let me know :D.

Some debut! A striker would be delighted to have such a goal scoring debut never mind a centre back.

304973_10152112991870307_1949709550_n.jpg

Hehe.... Horny.

Reganio 2 wrote: »

So I still have hopes of qualifying in 2nd which was always the plan. Love reading up on your stories by the way, makes me want to keep playing (But I can't cause of stupid work Grrrr) so keep them coming :)if anyone has any advice let me know :D.

Quit work :pac::pac:

Chavways wrote: »
    Quit work :pac::pac:

Do you remember the days when you'd get in to school or work or whatever it maybe and all you can think is... I wanna try this formation or this player. I am getting like that.

In work today all I could think was. I think I am in love with Johnny Evans. Its very worrying.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Do you remember the days when you'd get in to school or work or whatever it maybe and all you can think is... I wanna try this formation or this player. I am getting like that.

In work today all I could think was. I think I am in love with Johnny Evans. Its very worrying.

I was like that today for 50 minutes in a maths lecture. Was just thinking about how my beloved Dag and Red would get on in their first season in the Premiership.Totally zoned out.

Needless to say I didn't learn anything about complex numbers. :cool:

Chavways wrote: »
    I was like that today for 50 minutes in a maths lecture. Was just thinking about how my beloved Dag and Red would get on in their first season in the Premiership.Totally zoned out.

Needless to say I didn't learn anything about complex numbers. :cool:

Who needs complex numbers!!! Their complex, they won't be needed.

People needing drinks on the other hand. I can't zone out. You ever not serve on Irish guy drinks? Things get real :D

• Advertisement

Well what a season 2025/26 turned out to be. We finally managed to defend the PL title, winning it with 3 games to spare. Very proud of the lads and pleased with the depth of the squad, given how many fronts we were competing on.

pl2526.png

We also bagged the Community Shield, League Cup, European Super Cup and Club World Cup.

Unfortunately, we failed to defend the CL, being knocked out by Tottenham in the semi-finals.

We were also knocked out in the FA Cup fifth round by Chelsea, although they did go on to win it which dulls the pain a little.

It's problem time now. A lot of my golden generation are pushing 30 and while I still have some young talent coming through in a lot of positions, there doesn't appear to be a striker alive on planet Earth, under the age of 28, who has the potential to be as good as Robin Moreau.

With 58 million in transfer funds I need to find some world class prospects for 3 positions. I have my work cut out this summer.

100 points, that's brilliant!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    100 points, that's brilliant!

I know, chuffed to bits! We won the league on 91 points and the team managed to keep their concentration up.

The game right after we won, we were getting stuffed 1-3 by Villa at half time. Two substitutions and a hair drier team-talk telling the lads their pride was at stake, they went back out and won 4-3!

And that's why I only sign players with high determination!

One of my best moments ever on FM.

5 years after taking over the mid-table League 2 side (who had one of the smallest budgets in that league) Torquay are heading to the Premier League!

Promotion achieved by the side with the lowest wage budget in the league and expected to finish bottom by all and sundry.

Finished 5th in the league on 80 points and head into play-off semi-final against Derby and come through an epic on penalties thanks to my 18 year old striker.

Into the final at Wembley against Middlesbrough and 34 year old Keith Andrews scores the winner.

F*cking class!

Just been offered the Inter job.

He wouldnt renew his contract and Kilmarnock signed him! :(
    The best part for me was the attendance of 250.

Thats all the seating I have and my board are expanding the standing capacity! :( Its been reduced to 215 at the moment while the expansion is taking place
    320467_10152110106625307_784909896_n.jpg

390394_10152110105950307_357837814_n.jpg

Hopefully this makes Waterford United a more attractive club!

It probably wont as I made it to the group stages of Champions League/currently in Qtr-Final of Europa League against Porto and I still only have 2 stars and behind Rovers - the reputation rating system is a joke!

Mc Love wrote: »
    He wouldnt renew his contract and Kilmarnock signed him! :(

Thats all the seating I have and my board are expanding the standing capacity! :( Its been reduced to 215 at the moment while the expansion is taking place

It probably wont as I made it to the group stages of Champions League/currently in Qtr-Final of Europa League against Porto and I still only have 2 stars and behind Rovers - the reputation rating system is a joke!

You're right!

The club is a conveyer belt of talent. I find free transfers or cheap transfers and then I end up selling them on a big profit coz they want to move to bigger clubs. It's getting frustrating!

I drew Schalke, Man City (current holders) and PSG in the CL! :o Gonna get tonked!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You're right!

The club is a conveyer belt of talent. I find free transfers or cheap transfers and then I end up selling them on a big profit coz they want to move to bigger clubs. It's getting frustrating!

I drew Schalke, Man City (current holders) and PSG in the CL! :o Gonna get tonked!

Anything less than a post containing a screenshot of a 5-0 win over Man City and your 15,000th post will be a disappointment! :)

Hammered Celtic in the Europa League - will see if I can get a screenshot uploaded when I get home!

• Advertisement

First Knockout round in Europa League:
    LimerickFCvCelticInformation_Overview_zpscf7dcbd0.jpg

Second Knockout round:
    BesiktasvLimerickFCInformation_Overview_zpsc37c4a10.jpg

Quarter final:
    FCPvLimerickFCInformation_Overview_zpsd7b37499.jpg

Playing Chelsea in the Semi final!

Advertisement