Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oatesy, I feel emotionally drained after my season - just finished their as League Champs for second year in a row, but for most of the season we were behind Sligo and Dundalk...really didnt think we would win, then they started to mess up, and we had games in hand, finally took them over by a point with one game to go. Won the last game 4-0 and they won 5-2 but we had the point on them.

Also made it into the Europa League group stages (exit from Champions League) and I have qualified from the group in second! Lost out on the domestic cups though, my team were shattered from all the matches.

There's no better way to spend €30. What a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How does it work now, do my team not get any break now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

So Bayern beat me to the league - By 3 goals! :(

I managed to beat them at home 2-1, but then I have Leverkusen only 3 days later and I had to leave my main playmaker on the bench as he was exhausted. So I was down to my 3rd and 4th choice CMs. I lost 2-0 there. We were tied on 74 going into the final matches. I beat Dortmund comfortably enough and Bayern carved out a 2-1 win away to Nürnberg, so they took the title.

Still a great season since it was my first in the top flight. My entire squad earns less per week than Schweinsteiger alone! Also made it to the DFB-Pokal semi finals.

220038.png

Best player was easily Nadir Suleiman. I spent most of my transfer budget on him (€2,4m) but he delivered. He was scoring with his head from crosses, dribbling by defenders and slotting them into the corner as well as the occasional bullet from outside the box. He is one of the best players I have ever had in the game.

I see Podolski on the transfer list at Arsenal, despite being 32, he still looks very good. He'll be my number 1 target this summer as I badly need someone on the left wing.

I've well and truly been bitten by the FM bug after taking the summer off!
    How does it work now, do my team not get any break now?

I doubt they'll go on holiday as the europa league knockout rounds start in January, right? You wont need to have a pre-season at least!

Finally gone Pro and my scouting range has been increased. Youth facilities being updated. No break for the senior team though, keeping them playing matches to keep their fitness levels up. Board decided to update the senior facilities then a few days later cancelled. I think its because the youth ones were being updated at the same time (i think they cant be done simultaneously)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Finally gone Pro and my scouting range has been increased. Youth facilities being updated. No break for the senior team though, keeping them playing matches to keep their fitness levels up. Board decided to update the senior facilities then a few days later cancelled. I think its because the youth ones were being updated at the same time (i think they cant be done simultaneously)

I have had both upgraded at once, though one was cancelled right at the end in favour of stadium expansion. I think it's due to finances rather than not being allowed to do both.

• Advertisement

Just played the first knockout round first leg match against Borussia Dortmund and drew 4-4!!!

They scored then we equalised, then they scored 2 more in the first half to make it 3-1.

In the second half we scored a second, and 4 mins later they scored again making it 4-2. We then scored 2 more in relatively quick succession to draw it 4-4. We missed a pen and then we had a player sent off and they had a penalty and it was saved!!...I thought I was dreaming. Good result - probably get hammered in Germany now for the away leg :)

Was some match though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Into January now and things are going very well. We're coming 6th so possibly still on for the playoffs. Don't know how we are managing it with no money. Some of the teams in the league have 12 or 13 times the wage budget that I have.

League Table.png

My star player so far has been Matthias Gartner. He is increasing in value immensely so I hope he doesn't get too big for his boots and decide to leave.

Gartner.png

I'm trying to buy in youth because the youth facilities are so bad. Found this guy and bought him for 150k when he was injured.His value shot up immediately after I got him.

Wonderboy.png

Even with some questionable signings(A 40 year old David Beckham being one) I seem to be doing well and I'm still on track.

Beckham.png

We are getting sellouts every match so trying to encourage the board to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Into the championship with Harrogate and finding it tough going.

Stadium at 8.5k is just too small but at least its selling out.

Wage budget is at 40k per week so cant really attract any players but sticking with my youth policy anyway. Average age of my first X1 is 21, with my 2 centre mids now England U21 internationals. One of em I have had since Conference North (he was 16) and is really kicking on.

I sit 7th in the league and I really think we can get into the play offs. From there its a lottery.

Kinda funny that we are still a semi pro club - dont have the money to go pro so the premiership will sort that out for us.

Untitled.png

:(:(

All starting players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Nigel Gibbs is my assistant too. Some man. He's not messing up press conferences as much these days too.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I'm pretty sure this game is alive and has a sense of humour.

We managed to pull through our mid season injury crisis and get back to this point:

2025pl.png

2025cl.png

So naturally I was overjoyed and very pleased with the lads. Three games to go, and if we can win them all then we have done the double!

But oh no, all of a sudden, look what has happened:

2025sq.png

The defensive injury crisis to end all crises. My CB pairing for the champions league final will be a full back and a CM. I feel like United or something.

Finished 7th so just missed out on the playoffs but every cloud has a silver lining.The board are adding 2000 seats to the stadium and upgrading training facilities so we should be in for a good shot at promotion next year.

My wonder boy striker wants more wages though and I can't afford to keep him so might have to cut my losses.

We did it!!

doublef.png

Now my work for the summer is trying to prise away Tottenham's star striker, who has somehow inexplicable propelled them to the top of the league table, scoring 57 goals in all competitions.

He will break all of my transfer rules, but I can't allow them to have him, or next season is going to be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

All these recent posts, need to get back to FM and finish the season!

Giving serious consideration to using remote access whilst in work ! ;)

We did it!!

doublef.png

Now my work for the summer is trying to prise away Tottenham's star striker, who has somehow inexplicable propelled them to the top of the league table, scoring 57 goals in all competitions.

He will break all of my transfer rules, but I can't allow them to have him, or next season is going to be nasty.

Not related to your story or anything but that little yellow star next to the Crawley, what does that stand for?

In my game it appears next to Germany but I have no affiliation with Germany so I don't know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The first half of the second round qualifying game and it's 5-0 to me and I've missed both of my penalties!

Chavways wrote: »
    Not related to your story or anything but that little yellow star next to the Crawley, what does that stand for?

In my game it appears next to Germany but I have no affiliation with Germany so I don't know what it is.
    When its beside a players name it usually means there is a note stored on that player, never seen it for a club though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's happened to me before too but that was a club I edited.

Chavways wrote: »

I don't know either, I just assumed it was always there beside your club. No idea what it means!

Edit: Got me curious so I did a little Googling and found this:

"I'm pretty sure the yellow squares mean that your have saved notes about that particular team, for example I have a yellow square next to my name, as I have created notes to use as reminders."

Sure enough, if I click on the yellow square it takes me to my notes. :)

Posting for posterity:

Spurs at home in front of 41,000 fans lose 3-0 to Limerick!!

TottenhamvLimerickFCInformation_Overview.jpg

• Advertisement

Not gonna make it to the Champions League Group stages this time unfortunately. :(

The Board have finally copped onto themselves and in a big way. Upped the wage budget from 45000 to 65000 which I am very happy about but what I cannot believe is that they increased the transfer budget from 0 to 2.8 million :eek:. Can't wait to actually buy some players with money instead of scrounging off free agents.

I didn't realise I'd be into the group stages of the Europa League though! :D

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I didn't realise I'd be into the group stages of the Europa League though! :D

Thats always nice! I always end up in the qualifying round before group stages. Thought I would get hammered playing spurs as they are 5th in the premiership!! And only played a match 2 days earlier, and my team is hit hard with injuries!

Just won the league with 8 games to play and we are 19 points ahead and on a 33 match unbeaten run!

My AMC Hamsik is always unhappy, but I dont know what to do about it.

Playing well, scoring etc. Hes the only one in the squad who is CONSTANTLY fairly poor.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Irony, now R.Madrid are looking to bring him to their club. Very tempted to maybe sell, hasnt lived up to his 35M price tak.

Cruising to the champions super cup thingy.

Chico bagged a hatrick in the semis and another in the final, second half to go :)

He has 39 goals in 22 games this season so far, **** me

No nine players injured - dont know jow much longer my players can keep going without collapsing, played 6 games in 6 days! Lethal!!

EDIT: including a centre half that just got straight red. I have a DC playing DM and DR playing DC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Class stuff McLove. Where do you get most of your players from? I see you have Don Cowan there, was trying to sign him but my club reputation isn't good enough yet, he signed for Linfield instead :(

I'm managing Harps at the minute, won promotion in the first season and managed to finish 5th in the Premier Division. Hoping to push on now and maybe challenge the likes of Sligo and Shams next season. Struggling to sign the calibre of players I need though. Shams have Robbie Brady playing for them like!

Advertisement