Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

With only 18 players registered for my squad and having lost a rake of players, I still managed to make it through to the group stages of the Champions League! :D

Tough group.

578478_10152075643605307_1049137745_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mars Bar wrote: »
    With only 18 players registered for my squad and having lost a rake of players, I still managed to make it through to the group stages of the Champions League! :D

Tough group.

578478_10152075643605307_1049137745_n.jpg

You're screwed. ;)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Won League 1 with Dag and Red last night after finishing 17th the season before. Got Manger of The Year and 4 of my players were named in Team of The Year with my centre midfielder David Petrucci winning player of the year.

My fortunes seem to be turning. The board are adding 3000 new seats to the stadium to comply with regulations so in the meantime we're sharing Loftus Road with QPR. Don't know how that's going to work out but at least the finances might be improved.

Only have a wage budget of 45000 per week still so it's going to be difficult. I'm hoping to strip the team down to the bare minimum and start almost from scratch. Hopefully I can encourage the board to improve facilities aswell because we only have 2 silver stars for both training and youth facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got absolutely slaughtered for 90 minutes in my first Bundesliga game, away to FC Schalke - But somehow I managed to win with a goal on the counter.

Games like this is what makes FM so amazing. I can't remember the last time I was so into a game. I was hiding behind the computer chair the last 5 minutes as shots rained down on my goal. They hit the bar... Huntelaar put a 1 v 1 chance wide... I cleared it off the line... It was so nerve wracking. When the final whistle went I was silently punching the air.

219735.png

Such a shame there is that problem with the database size, my game is already starting to slow down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Back to back promotions with Harrogate Town so now in League 2.

Last 2 pre season games I have won 9-0. The last game was against Southend (who are in my league) and I had 32 shots at goal, also missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed. Please carry this form forward!

Building on this I won League 2 by 10 points so 3 titles in a row

Starting League 1 my squads average age is 23 and won 3 and drawn 1 in first 4 to put me top.

One of my strikers just scored 7 in a 9-2 win over my home team Bradford City.

At the start of the season the board took a crippling £9m loan to build an 8.5k all seater stadium - hardly seems worth it.

• Advertisement

Drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich and drew 0-0 with Marseille.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Injuries are destroying me as are having to play 4 games in 8 days. :( I got a striker in on a free coz of injuries. Tears a calf muscle in the first game and is out for months. :(

All the following players are first XI players.

546040_10152076966445307_1370764451_n.jpg

I think I have just stumbled across the bargain of the century.

Untitled.png

Only problem is that he failed his medical.Is there anything I can do to try to do so that he passes it? He would be my best player by a mile and the whole season is depending on him.

Edit: SUCCESS. I fired my physio(he was crap anyway) and he passed the medical on the second offer. Hopefully he can score some goals this season.

Another draw with FC Twente this time. O' Grady scores in the 90th in his first ever CL appearance due to ravaging injuries.

564421_10152078329800307_145319758_n.jpg

I'm firing my physio's and employing new ones to see if that does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Injuries are also due to the training facilities/pitches!

• Advertisement

I've upgraded my facilities and my pitch is in good condition. I also brought down the training regime to medium as I do every season.

Won my 4th league title in a row with Harrogate, now in the championship. New ground is complete but only doubles my attendance to 8.5k.

I cant compete financially at all, they only allow 20k per week for my players salary with a max of 2k per player per week. 600k in debt and really struggling as the idiots on my board took out a 9m loan and also locked in 6 year sponsorships at just 30k a season.
    Need a good cup run badly and the premiership asap. May have to cash in on prized assets too as they want like 12k a week and heres me able to offer them 2k :/

Won my 4th league title in a row with Harrogate, now in the championship. New ground is complete but only doubles my attendance to 8.5k.

I cant compete financially at all, they only allow 20k per week for my players salary with a max of 2k per player per week. 600k in debt and really struggling as the idiots on my board took out a 9m loan and also locked in 6 year sponsorships at just 30k a season.
    Need a good cup run badly and the premiership asap. May have to cash in on prized assets too as they want like 12k a week and heres me able to offer them 2k :/

You are realy ploughing through the seasons. A true FM fan.

Chavways wrote: »
    You are realy ploughing through the seasons. A true FM fan.

I dont watch any of the games, all at full speed. Had to make very little by way of squad alterations too, keeping faith with my young guns.

My youngsters are taking the Bundesliga by storm.
    I want this documented before my last 3 games of the hinrunde, where I play Bayern (A), Leverkusen (H) and Dortmund (H) :(

Still can't get a 10,000 sellout for a game :o

219883.png

Waterford United won the IPD (5 in a row), Irish Senior Cup (3 in a row), Irish Munster Senior Cup (5 in a row) and the League Cup (2 in a row) in 2020.

Shels are now ahead of me in the reputation stakes in LOI. This is infuriating! :mad:

So after the disappointment of failing to defend our titles last season, Crawley have come out of the gates with passion in 24/25.

It's January and we sit comfortably at the top of the league with two games in hand.

englishpremierdivisionow.png

We have also topped a decently challenging CL group.

europeanchampionscupovei.png

My two star strikers are nothing short of godlike in their consistency.

robinmoreauoverviewprof.png
    bastinvalenzuelaovervie.png

I am pretty concerned that Robin Moreau is ageing, because he is essentially irreplaceable. Golden Ball winner, several times runner up. World Player of the Year Winner, multiple European Player of the Year winner, Multiple Players' Player of the Year winner, and many more. He is the Messi of his generation.

Anyway, I added depth to the squad last summer rather than trying to improve the first team, so I am really hopeful that will prevent the late season collapse we had last year.

Shels are now ahead of me in the reputation stakes in LOI. This is infuriating! :mad:
    Reputation is shocking in Ireland - I think SR are top of the table in terms of it and they havent won anything in ages!!

My star striker has a C U N T of an agent - I offered the highest within reason contract and the b*stard still wont accept it. Do I leave him be, and try and find a replacement or try and offer more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Sick that my laptop is broken everytime I read this thread. Miss FM loads! :(

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Reputation is shocking in Ireland - I think SR are top of the table in terms of it and they havent won anything in ages!!

I wonder is it facilities and stadium size that matters now?

I wonder is it facilities and stadium size that matters now?

Its still those things :mad:

Cork have jumped ahead of me too so now I'm 4th in the club reputation standings.

Bollox to this

Well, no surprise here.

90766948.png

All first team, all long term injuries. The season has gone down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »

My star striker has a C U N T of an agent - I offered the highest within reason contract and the b*stard still wont accept it. Do I leave him be, and try and find a replacement or try and offer more money

I had the option before of having a private chat and asking him to lower his demands. I didn't use it as he was a rotation option so I wasn't bothered breaking the bank to keep him.

Yeah I broke the bank and his scummy agent got a nice pay day too! At least I have his goalscoring services for another few seasons!

Its a pity the game doesnt allow for temporary seating for clubs with terraces. Only getting/alllowed 250 in my European matches :(

What a bloody season I am having. Only 3 games left against Bayern, Leverkusen and lastly Dortmund. Extremely tough games. Bayern are up first and I am missing one of my main midfielders (Garcia), who the media are saying could be the next Xavi! My keeper also picked up a wrist injury and will miss the next two games. Not a good way to go into it!!

Here is the table.
    220012.png

I'll throw up a screenshot at the end. I signed a Congolese regen striker from Avai in the Brazilian Serie B and he is un-fookin-believable!

Oatesy, I feel emotionally drained after my season - just finished their as League Champs for second year in a row, but for most of the season we were behind Sligo and Dundalk...really didnt think we would win, then they started to mess up, and we had games in hand, finally took them over by a point with one game to go. Won the last game 4-0 and they won 5-2 but we had the point on them.

Also made it into the Europa League group stages (exit from Champions League) and I have qualified from the group in second! Lost out on the domestic cups though, my team were shattered from all the matches.

• Advertisement

Playing in the Championship now and I don;t know how I'm surviving. I'm fifth after 6 matches.Plagued with injuries and don't have any money at all. The board only increased the wage budget by 7000 when we got promoted but most of my players had promotion clauses so most of that was eaten up.

Our average attendance has more than doubled since we moved to Loftus Road so hopefully in a few more months we will be in the black and I can beg the board for more money.

Advertisement