Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Class stuff McLove. Where do you get most of your players from? I see you have Don Cowan there, was trying to sign him but my club reputation isn't good enough yet, he signed for Linfield instead :(

I'm managing Harps at the minute, won promotion in the first season and managed to finish 5th in the Premier Division. Hoping to push on now and maybe challenge the likes of Sligo and Shams next season. Struggling to sign the calibre of players I need though. Shams have Robbie Brady playing for them like!

Oh jesus its tough going trying to buy players never mind sign them on free's. I usually get offered players and sign them if I think they are good enough. Won the league with an average age of 22 this season, the year before it was 23!

Don is still in the team, but has fallen down the picking order, have a good team, but there are places that need improvements. Have good look for Sebastian Schneider from HSV - should be in the game, great GK! And like above Eliot Richards both signed on free's!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The thing I hate about playing in Ireland is the team being stripped during International breaks. Last time I played in Ireland easily half of my first 11 were internationals meaning I'd have to field a weakened team when they got called up and my game didnt get postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oh jesus its tough going trying to buy players never mind sign them on free's. I usually get offered players and sign them if I think they are good enough. Won the league with an average age of 22 this season, the year before it was 23!

Don is still in the team, but has fallen down the picking order, have a good team, but there are places that need improvements. Have good look for Sebastian Schneider from HSV - should be in the game, great GK! And like above Eliot Richards both signed on free's!

Can't see an Elliot Richards. Did find a Richard Elliot though, would that be him? Only 16 though.

Scheider ain't in my game either. I only have the ROI and NI leagues loaded though so that could be the problem. Have my database set to large though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I have decided to start an International management game, I love International management so wasn't sure who to start as the obvious being Ireland, so I have them as my 2nd manager but the one I wanted to manage was Norn Iron, they have a somewhat decent team, Lee Camp, Johnny Evans, Aaron Hughes, Steven Davies, Chris Brunt and Kyle Lafferty can all do a decent job for a team that might scrape a qualification in not the hardest group in the world. Italy, obviously going to cruise through which leaves the place open to Slovenia and Serbia then myself Estonia and Faroe Islands making up the numbers. But a couple of good results against the big lads and I could scrape a qualification. So here's hoping :).

Playing as Ireland as well, but thats only so I don't get bored as manager of Norn Iron its just to play the youths and keep things ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Next time I'm in Hamburg, I want to buy a SC Victoria jersey with Suleiman on the back :pac:

What a legend he is. He won the Golden boot last season and was African footballer of the year - At 21. 21 goals in 13 this season so far! :D

I tried to extend his contract by 2 years but his agent is asking for €61k per week, which is almost half my wage budget.
    I can only offer €22k, so it looks like I will have to sell him next summer :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I have decided to start an International management game, I love International management so wasn't sure who to start as the obvious being Ireland, so I have them as my 2nd manager but the one I wanted to manage was Norn Iron, they have a somewhat decent team, Lee Camp, Johnny Evans, Aaron Hughes, Steven Davies, Chris Brunt and Kyle Lafferty can all do a decent job for a team that might scrape a qualification in not the hardest group in the world. Italy, obviously going to cruise through which leaves the place open to Slovenia and Serbia then myself Estonia and Faroe Islands making up the numbers. But a couple of good results against the big lads and I could scrape a qualification. So here's hoping :).

Playing as Ireland as well, but thats only so I don't get bored as manager of Norn Iron its just to play the youths and keep things ticking over.
    Already given up on Ireland just North Ireland for me :D found a few players who are fairly rubbish but just have the key stats like a few DC's who have 15 tackling and good heading etc. So I they can do a job as well :). But putting my heart into Northern Ireland job for now then hopefully get a club as well.

The dream is to have a game like Oatesy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've moved San Marino to 54th in the world rankings.
    I'll try and push them into the top 50 in this campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I've moved San Marino to 54th in the world rankings.
    I'll try and push them into the top 50 in this campaign

I always found thats the easy part as the teams are usually close together in points. It gets much harder to move up places once you're in the top 50. How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm gonna wait with Waterford United until Manchester United offer me a job!

I said this a while back.

Rijkaard quit and I'm odds on favourite to get the job. I'd hate to see Waterford United go down the drain though!

I said this a while back.

Rijkaard quit and I'm odds on favourite to get the job. I'd hate to see Waterford United go down the drain though!

have you been offered any premiership jobs yet? I have been linked with them but never offered any, I assume as soon as i declared interest they would offer me the job, but I have denied interest in every job I have been linked with!

If you could, join the likes of Man City/Barcelona, then you could spend millions on players helping your club for a few years at least?!

• Advertisement

have you been offered any premiership jobs yet? I have been linked with them but never offered any, I assume as soon as i declared interest they would offer me the job, but I have denied interest in every job I have been linked with!

If you could, join the likes of Man City/Barcelona, then you could spend millions on players helping your club for a few years at least?!

I was offered a couple but turned them all down. I think one was Reading.

United hired Emery so that sorts my problem out!

I made the knockout stages of the Europa League which means we've moved up the rankings in the club rep. We're 2nd now, behind Shamrock Rovers.

I upgraded training and youth facilities and have organised for my board to buy out the stadium so that's all helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Started the summer with the board finally granting my request for new training facilities. The finish date was 16th of September so I was pretty hopeful that my players would actually improve with the new facilities.

September 16th arrives and to my horror the facilities have gone from 2 silver stars up to 3. I was expecting 1 or 2 gold at least. It cost almost 1 million pounds and that's all I get. :(

I made the knockout stages of the Europa League which means we've moved up the rankings in the club rep. We're 2nd now, behind Shamrock Rovers.

I upgraded training and youth facilities and have organised for my board to buy out the stadium so that's all helping.

I am still behind Rovers in my game but have the same amount of reputation! I got the board to buy the ground first off and the agreed! The youth facilities are upgraded and the senior facilities are being improved!

I am still behind Rovers in my game but have the same amount of reputation! I got the board to buy the ground first off and the agreed! The youth facilities are upgraded and the senior facilities are being improved!
    Rovers just won't budge despite them having done nothing the past few years!

Hopefully I can get through another round in the EL and that might help for next season.

Rovers just won't budge despite them having done nothing the past few years!

Hopefully I can get through another round in the EL and that might help for next season.

been in Europe last three seasons and they aint budging. You'd think it would get easier to sign players too but it doesnt, when you want the best at the club, 3 stars or higher for me! I know I should probably be happy with 2 1/2 but I aint.

Hope I can get the club to three stars!

You have to go past the group stages in either European competition to get any where in the club reps I think.

I'm really struggling to get the players to sign new contracts. I did just buy a savage 17 year old central defender. Bet ya a tenner he'll be denied a permit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

so having won the league in my first year with benfica, i encounter the tough second year.
    10 games in in the league and ive dropped more points already than i did in the whole of last season (p10, W5, d4, l1), although im still top because porto and sporting are doing equally bad.
    In the champions league however, im doing terrible. Tough group admittedly (Man City, PSG - 2 richest and best clubs in the game), and cork city (??!! reaping the benefits of my exploits 5 years ago with finn harps), so im looking at europa league as a definite at least. lost away to man city in the first game with a last minute goal, admittedly after being killed in the entire game - they had 25 shots, 17 on target)
    Second game i fcukin lose to cork, after mistakingly allowing loads of my players to play for the reserves on the same night, and having to use loads of kids in the cl fixture.
    Nest week, i play psg at home, and go one up after 10 mins, play well but get a man sent off after 30. reorganise the formation and still do great, keeping over 50% possession til the end of the game and have plenty of chances. I get a penalty in the 88min and a man of theirs sent off, and i fecking miss it (3rd pen missed this season), and to top it off, i concede in the 93rd minute with a breakaway goal... pissed is not the word.

Return fixture against psg is 2 weeks later, send out much the same team (apart from the lad who was sent off and the guy who missed the penalty) and this is what happened:

LLOOS.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together (or im really jammy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I love when you get games like that, that are actually really even, but you end up hopping the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

seriously...i watch the highlights in slightly sped up mode and 4 of the goals started as psg knockin it around for ages before i broke up the other end and knocked it in. Hard to beat!!!!

• Advertisement

Lose your best gk to injury = first loss in 48! :(

Disaster.png

There goes any chance of us getting promoted. What a disaster.He only accepted it because he has the club broke in the first place.

Chavways wrote: »
    Disaster.png

There goes any chance of us getting promoted. What a disaster.He only accepted it because he has the club broke in the first place.

I wonder how many I will lose in the English transfer window, just lost one of my top DC's for 2.5 million to Blackpool - Chairman accepted the offer, I would have too, seeing as I got him for nothing

EDIT: spoke too soon, one of my top MC's is leaving now for 2 million and a friendly to Al-Ittihad (KSA) - nearly sick now!

I wonder how many I will lose in the English transfer window, just lost one of my top DC's for 2.5 million to Blackpool - Chairman accepted the offer, I would have too, seeing as I got him for nothing

I've had him since he was 17 I think.Got him for free aswell.He was my best player by a mile so I'm realy struggling to score goals now.The worst thing is I only had a few days to try to get another striker and everything fell through.

At least the money can go towards a new stadium.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

In my SC Victoria game I've managed to get out of my CL group with Madrid, Zenit and PSG. PSG were terrible and I hammered them both times.

If I go on to win the league I'll have about €45m in the bank. Plus I'll have to sell my best player at around €30m. I'm selling out the stadium at 11k every game so maybe I will get a new one. I am a club legend now too so maybe I will FINALLY get a stadium named after me :D
    Chavways wrote: »
    Disaster.png

Setting high asking prices will reduce the chances of a team making an offer. I know my chairman would accept any sort of bid for one of my players, so I have them all set to 30 - 40m asking. Occasionally I will get a message saying a team is preparing a bid of 20m or something, but they never do bid.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Setting high asking prices will reduce the chances of a team making an offer. I know my chairman would accept any sort of bid for one of my players, so I have them all set to 30 - 40m asking. Occasionally I will get a message saying a team is preparing a bid of 20m or something, but they never do bid.

I set the asking price to 5 million but that was when he was worth less than 1 but didnt adjust it as he got better. I'm gutted.

Might try that suggestion for the rest of MVP's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Yep, I do this all the time too and it works. The amount of interest in my players is unreal, but nobody ever actually bids unless I want them to.

I set high asking prices too. My other trick is when players have a year on their contract and they won't sign. I reject all offers in the transfer window. They get pissed off but I do deals the minute the window closes and set the join date until the end of the season. So now you're getting money and keeping the player and gives time to find new players.

I beat FC Twente in the EL in the knock out stages. Playing Fulham next. Gonna get hammered!

• Advertisement

I set high asking prices too. My other trick is when players have a year on their contract and they won't sign. I reject all offers in the transfer window. They get pissed off but I do deals the minute the window closes and set the join date until the end of the season. So now you're getting money and keeping the player and gives time to find new players.

I beat FC Twente in the EL in the knock out stages. Playing Fulham next. Gonna get hammered!

Not possible when your Chairman is accepting offers! Then the board says the fans are unhappy because you left so and so leave for bare minimum!

Tried the increase valuation and it didnt work. Deportivo just bid 7.5million for another one of my MVP's 5.75 spread over 24 months.

Other news, my training facilities have been updated to Good. and asked the board to upgrade the youth facilities, they must be building an academy as its costing 4.6million :eek: :eek:

Advertisement