Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The board have decided to expand the stadium by 2,000 extra seats. I didn't even have to ask! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Didn't qualify with North Ireland for the Euro's Slovakia gone to playoff's and Italy straight through. Lost 3-0 to Estonia with all the injuries and lost 2-1 to Italy. Was a good effort. But I am thinking I now want to take up club managment as well rather than just national so we will see what happens there.

I needed a new scout and had my eye on one particular fella but despite all of the cash I have lying around, I was only allowed offer €250 wage to this scout who wanted €375. I changed the wage budget but still nothing. I googled it and took some advice from another forum. Basically, I extended the years of the contract and he said no. Then I offered him the same €250 wage 5 times consecutively and eventually he accepted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My best player has been denied a work permit for a new contract :( absolutely sickened!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My Man U takedown continues unabated....offered a 34year old forward (whos pretty crap to be fair) a 160k a week 5 year contract which he recently accepted, the club is now nearly 80mil in the red, and i lost my first 2 matches 7-0. lost the rest by lesser margins to make it look like im trying a little...
    Then the solomon islands job came up, so like any other world class manager, I jumped at the chance!
    fJowC.png

Gonna be dividing my time between manchester & the south pacific now up until united sack me....hope i get another few months out of it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Well I'm currently getting screwed by the fixture pile-up that results from having a run in Europe while playing as an Irish team.

Matches every 2 games, had to play Shamrock Rovers twice in 3 games, all in the space of a week. We had a grip on 2nd and a (admitadly long) shot at first, now Sligo have one the league and we're 2 points behind Rovers with 2 games left. And I also have 2 Europa League games to fit in too.

Thinking of retiring and moving to the English lower leagues, at least then I'll have promotion to chase each year... Or I might slog it out for one more year, grabbed 3 nice free agents that look promising (gotta love the agents offering their unattached players - haven't paid for a player all season, but have picked up a good number of decent players, including a full international player for Norn Iron).

Which is more fun, LOI or lower English leagues?

dulpit wrote: »
    Well I'm currently getting screwed by the fixture pile-up that results from having a run in Europe while playing as an Irish team.

Matches every 2 games, had to play Shamrock Rovers twice in 3 games, all in the space of a week. We had a grip on 2nd and a (admitadly long) shot at first, now Sligo have one the league and we're 2 points behind Rovers with 2 games left. And I also have 2 Europa League games to fit in too.

Thinking of retiring and moving to the English lower leagues, at least then I'll have promotion to chase each year... Or I might slog it out for one more year, grabbed 3 nice free agents that look promising (gotta love the agents offering their unattached players - haven't paid for a player all season, but have picked up a good number of decent players, including a full international player for Norn Iron).

Which is more fun, LOI or lower English leagues?

I've made a mint on those players!

Lower English leagues are more fun I think. Being the top dog in Ireland for years and still not progressing in Europe coz players won't stay is frustrating as hell.

How do you guys conquer Shamrock Rovers? They win everything in my game and I can't get near them. Their annual wage salary is over €1 million while the mines is about €500k.

How do you guys conquer Shamrock Rovers? They win everything in my game and I can't get near them. Their annual wage salary is over €1 million while the mines is about €500k.

Dunno, Sligo are the team to beat in my game, although Rovers are my bogey team, flattened me 5-1 in the 2nd of our two games in the space of a week, and I was at home too :o

I've played Shams 12 times now and only won 3 :( 11 games gone in the 2015 season and they are undefeated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Those agent offers do be great. I got Raul for QPR in 2012 :D

In another note, FCUK Man United! They robbed me of Champions League last season and now hammered me 8-2 at Old Trafford. They beat me 7-1 in the same fixture last season. Nobody else comes close to those kind of scorelines. My form is really inconsistant this season, 3 games in the Europa League and three wins (two hammerings). But in the League I have one win and three losses putting me 18th with a trip to the Emirates next :( Out of the Carling Cup too but that was AET with a weakened team against Wolves who are flying this season.

Rovers held me to a draw in the last game but it has been at least 8 seasons since they won the IPD.

20 Goals, 11 Games. Losing him on a free to Birmingham at the end of the season. :( I warned him with transfer list loads of times and he kept saying he really wanted to stay. So then I'd offer a contract and it wouldn't be good enough. Bastard.

580344_10152139913765307_884402995_n.jpg

I've played Shams 12 times now and only won 3 :( 11 games gone in the 2015 season and they are undefeated.

They are just after beating me 5-2 and are on a 23 match unbeaten run :mad: don't know how I am going to stop them. Have also drawn them in the FAI Cup as well :(

What a group to get drawn in!

430500_10152141217365307_1902706235_n.jpg

Ouch, wouldn't envy you there...

Lost to United away but beat Galatasary at home 3-0. Wolfsburg is up next.

Got this message though, have never seen it before!

419536_10152142014775307_2031569910_n.jpg

He isn't even that great a player but I wanted another HG player and he is better than my best keeper.

:(

250155_10152144047750307_704712694_n.jpg

The club are expanding the seating capacity again!

They have also agreed to improve facilities again. :)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :(

250155_10152144047750307_704712694_n.jpg

The club are expanding the seating capacity again!

They have also agreed to improve facilities again. :)

Hard luck! So close to qualifying. You have the Europa League though :)

Hard luck! So close to qualifying. You have the Europa League though :)

Yep! I have a better chance of making it through the Europa League which is actually better for the club reputation.

Although I did draw Shaktar Donetsk. :(

• Advertisement

Finished the season in 3rd. Had a chance on the last day of season to leapfrog Shamrock Rovers into 2nd, we were 1 point behind them. We led in our game, and they were losing for most of game, but then Bohs (who I was playing) came back and scored to draw game, and Rovers came away with a win anyway, so it didn't matter. 3 points behind 2nd place, like 10 behind first - not great.

Made a tonne of money though thanks to the Europa League, so we've now gone professional. Not sure how this will help us, but we're going to make a big push on league this year, and the free agents are still coming in, so don't need my transfer budget...

The difference is you can finally put players on proper full time training regimes and your pool of players opens up a bit.

The difference is you can finally put players on proper full time training regimes and your pool of players opens up a bit.

Cheers. Had an agent offer a player to me, some German lad. He wanted like 4K a week, managed to get him down to 2.5K (which is the max I'm allowed), salaries have jumped quickly... Am thinking that if I don't get another European run I could be in trouble... We made profits last year in and around the 400K mark, which was mainly because we took in over €1million for the Europa League...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cheers. Had an agent offer a player to me, some German lad. He wanted like 4K a week, managed to get him down to 2.5K (which is the max I'm allowed), salaries have jumped quickly... Am thinking that if I don't get another European run I could be in trouble... We made profits last year in and around the 400K mark, which was mainly because we took in over €1million for the Europa League...

Just wait for your best and Key players start moaning to leave the club for a bigger one, the only good thing about it is $$$ after getting them for nothing!

Fair point, haven't had that happen yet though, I haven't sold one player in my time with St. Pat's (lots of people have been released though).

BTW - time to update the sig I'd say Mc Love :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BTW - time to update the sig I'd say Mc Love :pac:

Was thinking that alright - but its still true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The season has been going well.Top of the table but now this has happened:

Injuries.png

Going to have to get in some new players.All of the people who are injured are first team players and all are out for at least 2 months each.

Chavways wrote: »
    The season has been going well.Top of the table but now this has happened:

Injuries.png

Going to have to get in some new players.All of the people who are injured are first team players and all are out for at least 2 months each.

David Lynch was class for me with Waterford United. Eventually he wasn't good enough but he's still playing in 2024 and I always get asked what's my relationship with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

David Lynch was class for me with Waterford United. Eventually he wasn't good enough but he's still playing in 2024 and I always get asked what's my relationship with him!

He's definately one of my better players.Has like 10 or 11 assists from centre mid in around 14 games.

• Advertisement

Keep on having goals disallowed due to offside, very annoying - any ideas on how to stop this?

On a plus, we have 3 full internationals playing for St. Pats now, and have become very diverse, our main 16 players include 5 Irish, 1 Dutch, 3 Northern Irish, 1 Guinean, 2 Algerians, 1 English, 1 Welsh, 1 Turk and 1 Italian. :pac:

Advertisement