Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What happened to Rovers? They usually walk it in mine.

Have no idea, however they are "biggest" club in Ireland in terms of rep. UCD are loaded but in the first division. We (limerick) were so unlucky not to have won the league, but Cork deserved to win it, they were the form team for the whole season.

Made some good signings in the off season, so I hope to have an even better campaign this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A Waterford United squad decimated by injuries and sales held Barelona to a 0-0 draw and missed a penalty in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A Waterford United squad decimated by injuries and sales held Barelona to a 0-0 draw and missed a penalty in the process.

Imagine the paycheck if you got through to the knockout stages. Tens of millions.

Chavways wrote: »
    Imagine the paycheck if you got through to the knockout stages. Tens of millions.

Amazing! Now if I could just attract the players...

The club was worth south of the 4 million mark at the beginning of the season. It's now worth 11 million.

Amazing! Now if I could just attract the players...

The club was worth south of the 4 million mark at the beginning of the season. It's now worth 11 million.

Actually now that you mention Club Valuation I have a question.My club (Dag and Red) is worth 1.2 million with 1.3million loan debt due to the chairman. If I was to get a lot of money from competitions would he be able to pay a bulk of the loan and finish the repayments sooner? Its only 2014 in my game and the loans are forecast to be repayed in 2027 so the finances are crippled.

• Advertisement

Actually now that you mention Club Valuation I have a question.My club (Dag and Red) is worth 1.2 million with 1.3million loan debt due to the chairman. If I was to get a lot of money from competitions would he be able to pay a bulk of the loan and finish the repayments sooner? Its only 2014 in my game and the loans are forecast to be repayed in 2027 so the finances are crippled.

Haven't a clue to be honest. I'd hope they'd pay it back as quickly as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It happened to me in a previous version of football manager I think where I had a good amount of money built up and the board decided to use it pay back all the loan.
    But in my current game the board took out a 20 year loan of 30 million to build a new stadium,15 years into loan I'm still paying it despite having plenty of money to fully pay it back

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    It happened to me in a previous version of football manager I think where I had a good amount of money built up and the board decided to use it pay back all the loan.
    But in my current game the board took out a 20 year loan of 30 million to build a new stadium,15 years into loan I'm still paying it despite having plenty of money to fully pay it back

Hopefully I can sort something out anyway. I'm sick of always being in the red.The stadium is always selling out and I can't do anything about it.

I can't find good players who want to sign for me. I have 6 million budget and over 50k to spend on wages.

I'm running out of time!

I can't find good players who want to sign for me. I have 6 million budget and over 50k to spend on wages.

I'm running out of time!

In your greatest time of need there is always one player who you can depend on.

His name is Emile Heskey.

• Advertisement

In your greatest time of need there is always one player who you can depend on.

His name is Emile Heskey.

No results found.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Signing players is really difficult, even for big clubs. Kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Signing players is really difficult, even for big clubs. Kind of annoying.

I find selling players more difficult and completely unrealistic.

Because clubs will turn down Ji Sung Park, Fletcher, Scholes and Giggs on season long loans, even for the laugh, when I said I'd pay the wages

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

2023/24 was a very disappointing season for Crawley Town.

After winning the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup early on, we were having a strong season in the Premiership and absolutely dominated our CL group.

However, an unfortunate clash with Barcelona in the CL quarter finals saw us go out early. Then an injury crisis late in the season saw the league title slip away with two games to go. Having swapped top spot with City all season, the beat us by 4 points in the end.

Very disappointing not to defend either trophy, though we did pick up the League Cup along the way.

My star striker is 28 now and about to pass his peak. I'm also short on central defenders, but I simply don't have the funds to bring in top talent in both positions. For all our success, Crawley are still financially small compared to other top clubs in Europe and I don't have the clout to replace some of the awesome players I groomed from youth as they begin to age.

To top it all, Real Madrid just offered me a contract with a wage budget of 5 million and a transfer budget of over 500 million. Mind boggling figures and kind of tempting, since I've earned it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If you invested in your youth facilities as early as possible, they should be producing some good enough players by now. Mine usually does so after two or three years and that's not even at top level facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Unfortunately my youth system has only ever produced one player worthy of the first team.

There's a second one in there now. A very promising looking centre back, but he's only 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If you're good enough, you're old enough imo. I threw a 16 year old into my first team at my previous club. Signed him again for my current club when his contract expired (only had to wait six months after I left before I signed him on a pre-contract) and he got me 41 goals last season in 30something games. Since then I've had no delay in promoting youngsters to the first team. :D

I only has 2 star silver youth facilities in Dag and Red. Its disastrous. I realy need a good cup run and then I can invest in something.

After a shocking start to the season, not being able to win a game in 8 games or keep a clean sheet, i ended up doing the treble and ever so slightly missing out (for the 2nd time) on the Premier Division.

Honours Roll:
    Won the Munster Senior Cup beating Passage 4-0
    Knocked out of Europa League in the 3rd Qualifying Round by Partizan (Earned a nice bit of money)
    Won the League Cup beating Drogheda Utd 3-2
    Won the Senior Challenge Cup (3rd in a row) beating Wexford 2-0

Finished 2nd in the League (one point behind Dundalk, same as last season when I finished a point behind Cork) Had a chance to win it with two games to go, but unfortunately it wasnt to be.

and my top player was 38 year Dominic Foley with 50 goals in 42 overall appearances!

All in all a good season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

delayed teh benfica decision til the summer, after I finished second with brighton. decided to jump ship to portugal, as no need for work permits and I can sign all the brazilian wonderkids.
    they finished 7th last season, and the board ony want european qualification, but ive got loads of money. gonna be an easy season...

• Advertisement

Duff is new Shamrock rovers boss!

mourinho has just offered nuri sahin to me on loan from real madrid (in 2022).
    He went to Arsenal instead!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Duff is new Shamrock rovers boss!

Was the new Shamrock boss, only lasted 4 and a half months before getting the sack!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finally got a decent san marino kid up through my youth ranks a fews years back,he's now a wonderkid,have him being tutored by a legendery midfielder and plenty of 1st team football.

8 games into my first season in portuguese football and i am annihilating all around me. Without making any big signings apart from a few young brazilians, I am (in the league) P8, W8, For 23, Against 1.
    Also beat Porto in the Supercup 2-1, and have qualified for the European cup Group stages, where my games so far have seen me beat Hajduk 3-0, Shamrock Rovers 3-1 and Trabzonspor 4-0. Overall record so far is P15 W15 For 48 Against 4.

Not a bad start!

EDIT: Was gonna put this in the things that made you laugh thread but ill stick it in here:

s0K8c.jpg

Its the 8th of November, and hes played 13 games.

wPdcj.jpg

Bought him for 1.4million from sao paulo. Animal!!!

I know I had a bad start losing three games on the trot but this season has been my best for Limerick, felt so proud basically as all I had were free signings!

After those three games I went on 26 match unbeaten run with 23 game winning streak! Got to the third qualifying round again losing on away goal rule to AaB 3-3 agg!

Signed an unreal striker called Eliot Richards on a free to finally have a replacement for Jhon Pirez

Honor Roll:

Won the Munster Senior Cup (2nd in a row) beating Youghal Utd 3-1
    Won the League Cup (2nd in a row) beating Waterford Utd 4-0
    Won the Senior Challenge Cup (4th in a row) beating St. Pats Athletic 2-0

Table:
    IrishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.jpg

Richards:
    EliotRichardsOverview_Profile.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That guy looks an absolute creep!

Yeah he does look a bit odd - didnt really want to buy him because of it, but glad I did now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I took most of the summer off from FM but I returned to my SC Victoria Hamburg save a few days ago. We were midtable in the 2.Bundesliga for the 15/16 season with only a few games left, so I quickly finished off that season and got ready for the next.

My 3 big summer signings (all free transfers) ahead of the 16/17 season would turn out to be my 3 best players for the season. Both Francisco Faria and Zdenek Kaderabek were banging them in up front, and Vasco Marques was excellent in CM.

219617.png
    219618.png

It could have been a different story. When I finished 17th in the 3.Liga I was minutes from being relegated before my relegation rival conceded a goal and I was safe!

I'm done showing off now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Back to back promotions with Harrogate Town so now in League 2.

Last 2 pre season games I have won 9-0. The last game was against Southend (who are in my league) and I had 32 shots at goal, also missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed. Please carry this form forward!

Advertisement