Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

I love collecting dog tags, got around 50 or more now! The animation is brilliant, and it has to be one of the best feelings in the game getting the tags of one of the best players on the other team!

That and firing a rocket from being a passanger in a helicopter to kill a tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Sniping a Recon from about 3/4 of the map's length away, on Seine Crossing, with an RPG-7 is fun. I'm a tad amazed at just how lucky I was to successfully hit with the first shot, not to mind the second one.
    The animation is brilliant
    It's freaky as hell though (for the victim i.e. me) when it's a Russian doing the knifing - I don't think seeing them a few inches from my face, just staring at me, will become any less unnerving in future...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

PC Limited Edition version arrived in the post today so only getting to try it out tonight...

No issues installing. Took a while but it didn't need to download anything (beyond the Origin installers) or crash out as many others have reported
    I also put on the latest Catalyst drivers for my Radeon HD 5770 as well as the latest ATI profile file that was with them on the same page.

So, fired it up and selected the campaign, Normal difficulty for now... went through the options (auto-defaulted almost all of the video settings to High which I was a bit surprised at but ok..)

So into the game.. WOW!!!

Few missions in and so far it's been smooth, ultra-realistic, no lag or any glitching that I can see and zips along nicely. I'm extremely impressed so far!

That's my next few weeks/months/year sorted :) Now onto multiplayer......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The awkward moment when you sneak up on someone and miss with the stab and they turn around :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thats happened quite a bit to me. I always say to myself to make sure of the kill before i move up for the stab. But I keep doing it. Dog tags are too tempting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Quick question - what is going on with all the COD players?

Just finished a game of Conquest on Seine Crossing there 42/4 K/D....Seems like I was the only one reviving the squad. When I was taken out, nobody revived me even though medics were all around me....it's a pain in the arse. Seems some people look at reviving like they looked at Second Chance....
    Little do they know they're going to lose the game if they don't start learning to revive - BF is a team game, not a lone wolf.

There's a patch coming soon, I believe. Dice said they're working to make the jets more powerful as some have complained about them being underpowered. I agree - hopefully, flares will come as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Got mine today. Problems with Origin, but finally got it installed and on to the Campaign. Was running it on high in Eyefinity for a while, before switching to Ultra on 1 screen.

The first air mission was so pretty!!!Or the tank mission in the desert. I'm crap at the game, but the visuals are so stunning, I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Quick question - what is going on with all the COD players?

Just finished a game of Conquest on Seine Crossing there 42/4 K/D....Seems like I was the only one reviving the squad. When I was taken out, nobody revived me even though medics were all around me....it's a pain in the arse. Seems some people look at reviving like they looked at Second Chance....
    Little do they know they're going to lose the game if they don't start learning to revive - BF is a team game, not a lone wolf.

There's a patch coming soon, I believe. Dice said they're working to make the jets more powerful as some have complained about them being underpowered. I agree - hopefully, flares will come as standard.

Bejesus!!! Sometimes I want just to punch kittens how fecking annoying those idiots can be!!

A good few tomes I survived a fire fight with just few percent of hp. A medic near by just scratching his hole while you spam your q. Do they give you med lunch boxes? My **** they do....

One time I spamed q, but ofc was ignored. So he got shot after few seconds. I picked up his kit, droped med lunch box, took my own kit back = profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Oh that feeling when you flank the enemy and come up behind 4 of them, all facing away from you.. (grand bazaar is great for it)

The temptation to try and take all the dog tags is just immense!! I love taking dog-tags and will try at every opportunity!!!

Do hate it when you missed with the stab and then the panic ensues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you sneak up on someone and miss with the stab and they turn around :D

The awkward moment when you sneak up on someone and press G by accident and they turn around :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've yet to use the knife - I always shoot first to avoid risk. I will make it my mission tonight to take someones tags.

Had a pretty epic run last night - 11 kill streak, held a tunnel entrance on seine crossing, got 4 claymore kills - the remainder were light machine gun and 1 pistol. Survived aswell!

My growing gripe with multiplayer at the moment is rocket spam on smaller maps and bottle necks. They need to look at rocket damage and the amount it is being used as a better mid range sniper rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That awkward moment when you run up to knife someone, miss then they try to knife you and miss, and you spend the next few seconds trying to turn around fast enough to spot him, but keep moving so as not to be knifed, in a Recon kit so he probably has better guns and you end up running away...

Knife kills deserve a separate thread in these forums.

Bf3 brought back the glory of knife kills. If you kill someone with knife in bf3 and manage to survive - you know you needed skill for that.

If you get a knife killed, it makes your blood boil and seek for revenge like mad!!!

Last time knife kills were so satisfying: counter strike and half-life 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Bf3 brought back the glory of knife kills. If you kill someone with knife in bf3 and manage to survive - you know you needed skill for that.

If you get a knife killed, it makes your blood boil and seek for revenge like mad!!!

Im very happy with knifing system, much better than BC2.
    Though I dont feel humiliation by being knifed, my back is turned someone got lucky, its not really skill. If anything being knifed has worked in my favour, because someone wants to take time in running up to me, it gives me time to take down a few of their mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

All I want to do now is go home right now and knife people in BF3 :)

This will probably end up with me having a K/D of 0/15 again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Krieg wrote: »
    Though I dont feel humiliation by being knifed, my back is turned someone got lucky, its not really skill. If anything being knifed has worked in my favour, because someone wants to take time in running up to me, it gives me time to take down a few of their mates.

Really can't stand the knifing tbh, the QTE is just pure annoying.

You are doing it wrong. Knife kills in shooters are not for efficiency, but for cockiness and humiliation ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Cormic wrote: »
    All I want to do now is go home right now and knife people in BF3 :)

This will probably end up with me having a K/D of 0/15 again...

But if you manage to get 1/15, that 1 will be extremely satisfying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Knife fails. Shoot with rocket launcher at close range, but due to close proximity, it doesn't kill them. Pistol finally kills them.

I heavily dislike not being able to bind keys on my Razer Deathadder mouse, as I find myself using the thumb button in an attempt to knife rather than using the "F" key :( This makes me a sad panda :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Eh, unbind the F key and then the mouse button will work. I thought this was common knowledge? Hold escape to unbind keys,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Calibos wrote: »
    Eh, unbind the F key and then the mouse button will work. I thought this was common knowledge? Hold escape to unbind keys,
    Nope, didn't know. Cheers. Will try this later. Will be good to get knifing back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

There should be a tutorial you have to do before you start multiplayer teaching you how to use each class properly. It took me a while to figure it out and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would play properly if they knew how to.

ajeffares wrote: »
    There should be a tutorial you have to do before you start multiplayer teaching you how to use each class properly. It took me a while to figure it out and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would play properly if they knew how to.

man I need chopper lessons badly.. Just cant get the hang of them to do anything properly productive!

Every time there is a chopper I will take it coz I wanna learn even thou it prob puts the team at a loss! If there was a chopper training mode I'd hope on that for hours to perfect it rather than sabotage m team but thats the only choice I have really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Love the knife kills, they are brilliant.

I agree though, no big deal re same. Just luck more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I agree.. I played Bad Company for 2 months not knowing how to "spot". Worse still, I played for 6 months trying to "unlock" the parachute. Ha ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

mozattack wrote: »
    I agree.. I played Bad Company for 2 months not knowing how to "spot". Worse still, I played for 6 months trying to "unlock" the parachute. Ha ha :)

You don't have to unlock the parachute? How do you use it? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

You don't have to unlock the parachute? How do you use it? :o

I think on the xbox you press the right stick, that said I haven't tried it out fully, and have fallen to my death many a time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I think on the xbox you press the right stick, that said I haven't tried it out fully, and have fallen to my death many a time :(

Are you serious? Jesus im bailing out at mad heights and thinking oh well im going to die as i havent unlocked the parachute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Ha yeah! I was having the same issue, I haven't bailed out of at altitude since I heard that, just the odd cliff etc., but I'm 90% sure it works!

Edit: it's A on the xbox, x on the PS3 and space on the PC, guess I've just been lucky until now...

• Advertisement

seriously??

It tell you what button to push on the screen and when! :rolleyes: haha! :D

In the bottom right it says x for parachute (on PS3 anyways)!!

Advertisement