Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Can't make out that vid

Look sideways at it ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Gardaí are advising that that N81 is impassable between Citywest and Jobstown due to flooding.

The James Larkin Road in Dublin has been closed to traffic travelling into the city because of surface water.

The road remains open to outbound traffic and diversions are in place.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/weather-disrupts-dublin-transport-525651.html#ixzz1bioavjoy

People having to scoop water out of their front here now with buckets its rising towards their front doors.:(

AA site not opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Irony is the flood relief works are most likely to have caused this.

The thought crossed my mind, where they have the yard for the equipment is normally flood plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

gbee wrote: »
    Look sideways at it ... :)

No, like this.... sidewayssmiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Would anyone care to hazard a guess how long we can expect this rain to keep up in Dublin?

Dublin 2 is a car park, similar to the snow of last year the traffic is going no where at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Total since midnight now up to 52.0mm. Having the most sustained heavy rain of the day now.

48hr total up to 95.1mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmwtTcCw2CM

this was blessington road now just to note i videoed this after i had been through the worst of it this was mild

My car's undergarage cover has come away :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just walking from Harrington St to Wexford St there. I have never ever seen anything like it in terms of rain. The drain outside 'Fresh' looked like a whirlpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

whitemocha wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmwtTcCw2CM

this was blessington road now just to note i videoed this after i had been through the worst of it this was mild

My car's undergarage cover has come away :(

That is pretty bad.Sorry about your car :(

I heard in some places actually water coming down roads like a river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

East Link bridge backed up northbound, obviously some flooding somewhere on the northside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

caseyann wrote: »
    That is pretty bad.Sorry about your car :(

I heard in some places actually water coming down roads like a river.

thats what it was like mucky rivers unreal

car is a company car so at least it wont cost me:cool:
    but still a pain to have it fixed

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Worst rain from one system I've seen in at least 4 years... here in Rathfarnham anyway...

has knocked out Sky as well... so no Presidential debate for a chunk of the country... so at least there's that...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely bucketing it down here in Ringsend. The Eastlink bridge would normally be cleared by now but not tonight. Last saw it like this in the snow in December.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

48hr total now 101.7mm or a smidge over 4 inches in old money. ???

Rain getting heavier!!! Rain rate of 64.4mm/hr a minute ago.

Sky gone here too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Traffic around Tallaght Stadium, Killinarden was absolutely crazy around 6pm, never ever seen traffic like that around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fook, seems very bad in Leinster. Absolutely lovely balmy autumn day in Cork, but we paid our flood dues two years ago - and we'll never shut up about it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

gurramok wrote: »
    East Link bridge backed up northbound, obviously some flooding somewhere on the northside

Britney Spears in the O2.. That's your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have lived in my house for 4 years and never saw water levels rising like this in the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

just looked out my front window and saw a happy looking wheely bin floating past :)
    Road has turned into a river, haven;t seen that here in many many years. Rain heaviest all day here now and shows no signs of stopping on radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Britney Spears in the O2.. That's your problem

I hope the rain washes her away! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Traffic around ballsbridge area is fooking mental. Stay at home folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Monsoon rain here in Swords for about 45 mins now... :D:D

just had a leak develop in the kitchen.... first one in 10+ years...crazy stuff... there's a small stream behind our house... getting a bit nervous... it'd have to raise 2 feet though... so not THAT nervous...

Sky back... crisis averted... whooops now it's gone again... glad they don't use satellite technology for anything important...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looks like front is fragmenting further south, still going strong further north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Lucan Village serious flooded at the junction at Courtney's Pub, will see if I can get a few pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    just had a leak develop in the kitchen.... first one in 10+ years...crazy stuff... there's a small stream behind our house... getting a bit nervous... it'd have to raise 2 feet though... so not THAT nervous...

Sky back... crisis averted... whooops now it's gone again... glad they don't use satellite technology for anything important...

What part of the nam you in? Butterfiels Park?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Dry here according to the radar :rolleyes:

In reality its been getting heavier all evening and really pouring down for the past two hours, water in the back garden isn't far from the door now

thegen wrote: »
    What part of the nam you in? Butterfiels Park?????

off Butterfield ave... a house in Charleville Square... you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    off Butterfield ave... a house in Charleville Square... you?

Around in Butterfield Drive, I know the little stream, it between the gardens in the Park and Charleville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ionesco

Christ, haven't seen rain like this in years. I had to cycle through it earlier today. And while I had raingear, I did not have boots or wellies so my shoes are soaked. Same deal as yesterday.

Advertisement