Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Coles wrote: »
    After seeing the damage caused in one particular catchment in the Wicklow Mountains I am absolutely positive that well in excess of 100mm fell over a period of 4 hours. Possibly as much as 120mm with a sustained rainfall rate of 50mm per hour.

Most likely that amount rain fell in Wicklow, and for the record, Met Éireann predicted that too, as their warning was worded "Rainfall totals of 40-70 mm, but higher totals over high ground".

120 mm falling over 5 km² would equate to 600 million litres. A lot for any stream to cope with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Su Campu wrote: »
    120 mm falling over 5 km² would equate to 600 million litres. A lot for any stream to cope with!
    The 40mm on the previous day had the bogs saturated, which definitely contributed to the scale of the flood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Su Campu wrote: »
    I have a problem when things are misreported for political gains.

Replay Evelyn Cusack's interview "but then we got it in three hours"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunnydub123

nm wrote: »
    Boyne Court, Harolds Cross this morning

Hi, I saw your picture about the flooding in Boyne court, just wondering if you can help me, I am looking to buy apartment there on the ground floor, can you please tell me if the water went into the ground floor apartment?

thanks

Advertisement