Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do I see another potential purchase on the horizon? ;)

Maybe Steve_SI will see one tucked away in the back of that candy cab warehouse...!

moneycount.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Steve,Ill gladly be your Virgil..payment is that cab.
    Job done..I know you want a henchman

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

money.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Jaysus they look horrible..
    Bleeeeewwwghh, that's what i mean when I say I don't like the design of Jaleco upright cabs in general.
    Cp held on by a bar...nooooooo.Each to their own I suppose
    cons.jpg
    €875 each as well:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They're Namco consolettes 26's aren't they? Seems Ronnie just listed a couple?

Wouldn't be to my taste at all, the control panel held on by a bar does look very strange indeed!

It doesnt look quite so bad here

Consolette.jpg

• Advertisement

They apparently are rare, even in Japan so you pay premium .

I could have sworn I saw a much smaller, like 18" version not long ago that I liked much more but I can't seem to find it anymore or maybe I was drunk .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Can anyone help me out here? Inside this cab i have a socket for a kettle style plug. on the opposite side are 3 prongs and three cables that connect to these prongs.

I have

Yellow Green
    Black and Blue
    Brown

Each one of these 3 has a clip on the end to connect to 1 of the prongs. top, middle and bottom.

Does anyone know the order they go on???

Image..

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

EDIT

Never mind figured it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That Namco cab looks absolutely revolting. Sorry lads...

Lads if the top and bottom of a game in a jamma cab is being cut off, as in part of the game on top is off screen, how do i fix that? I tried twisting pots on the back of the monitor, it moves horizontal, vertical, goes flicky, brightens up etc but cant seem to resize the picture so it fits on screen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'm pissed of with the sound coming from the current amp in my mame cab ( It came from some usb speakers) so I'm finally going to get a good one. I'm looking for recommendations folks, and this one looks promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I have same problem as keith
    but mine is LEFT to Right is problem, cant get Horizontal to fully fit.

I presume its limitation with Either hardware sending picture or
    Limitation of Monitor itself. In My case naomi 2 and 29e31s 31K Monitor.

Its really annoying especially with Fighting games like SF,
    as easy see players health bar is being cut off. Adjusting pots only helps a bit.
    Being meaning to google it but if anyone knows cause, happy to listen :)

Mine is actually cutting off top, bottom and left and right now that i look at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

keithgeo wrote: »
    Lads if the top and bottom of a game in a jamma cab is being cut off, as in part of the game on top is off screen, how do i fix that? I tried twisting pots on the back of the monitor, it moves horizontal, vertical, goes flicky, brightens up etc but cant seem to resize the picture so it fits on screen?

Normally you fix that kind of problem using H.Size and V.Size pots, they increase/decrease the horizontal and vertical size of the image. Among other pots you'd also have H.Pos and V.Pos pots to adjust the position. Not sure if your cab has those size related pots?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Normally you fix that kind of problem using H.Size and V.Size pots, they increase/decrease the horizontal and vertical size of the image. Among other pots you'd also have H.Pos and V.Pos pots to adjust the position. Not sure if your cab has those size related pots?

I definatly have the horizontal and vertical position, just dont see the size one. maybe logie will know if he reads this, its the cab i got off him the weekend.

On mine ya Ive tried all the Pots, H.Size and V.Size and H.Pos v.Pos,

But cannot get it to show 100% of Screen that it should.
    some games are fine, depending on Game's layout,
    but for ones like Street fighter you can make it bareable
    but still pain in the ass not having 100% of screen :)

Must try TEST on it see how much of bars of GRID are showing.

how do you do a test thing?

Just Press Test Button, usually were you COIN Up Button is depending on the Cab.
    Mine has TEST, Service 1, Service 2, Vol Upa nd Down for instance.

Then in there might have to scroll down to Monitor Test Part.
    then few screens to help TEST Colors and Grid and such, like below.
    one with BLUE lines shows farthest area the screen can stretch too.
    So should show complete Blue scquare around outside.

1000448r.jpg
    mongrid.jpg

that test button is inside the cab is it? I dont have any other buttons on the outside.

keithgeo wrote: »
    that test button is inside the cab is it? I dont have any other buttons on the outside.

Ya inside the cab, usually inside the COIN door.
    or naomis and such the under CP.
    If can google PDF for your style cab, they can be handy too.
    egret2-door.jpg

I doubt i have that to be honest, its a generic wooden cab not a naomi or anything.

• Advertisement

Every cab ive ever seen has one, I bet u have one.
    Jamma, Sega model 2 cabs, naomi, Candys etc.

Should be easy to spot, but cant see it easy, you could always trace it from jamma side too, http://www.jammaboards.com/jcenter_jamma_pinout.html

The TEST SWITCH will active when a ground is applied on the test switch wire. If the arcade board you have connected uses the 'TEST' function, it will usually activate a test function that checks the on-board circuits/ROM's/etc.

The SERVICE SWITCH is just like the Test switch, except it will usually enter the internal board settings similar to a computers BIOS.

ill have a look in a few going to open it up again and have a look at those pots again.

Right here are the pots on the back of the cab, cant see one for screen size.

IMG_2346.jpg

There is also these two i havent touched yet because it looks dangerous haha.. is that the flyback transformer?

IMG_2347.jpg

I fixed it a bit there just messing with it. seems to have a pot that sorts out the top and bottom, but none thats sorts out the left and right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hey,

I can't remember having that problem but the monitor will have the facility. I seem to remember finding the monitor manual online so do a search for it.

LoGiE

cheers i have it mostly sorted now by messing around with those knobs.

Those two pots on the flyback are screen volt and focus , screen volt is used as the primary brightness but leave it alone if your picture is vibrant enough , focus is exactly what it says it is , you will need a mirror placed in front of the screen or someone to help you to change these settings and see the changes .

Both my cabs have an Wide and Small ( W and S )horizontal setting on the chassis by changing one wire from the W to the S marked pin header , for newer CAVE games I need to put them on the small setting or else the picture is just to big for the screen even if I turn the horizontal size coil all the way down , for an older game like Raiden or Viper Phase 1 I will have to change it to the wide setting and turn the coil up or the screen isn't fully used .

Casey120 wrote: »
    Both my cabs have an Wide and Small ( W and S )horizontal setting on the chassis by changing one wire from the W to the S marked pin header

ahh, ill have to check for this, see if there is anything on the chassis, could be set on wide alright if its there. thanks for all the info, learning a lot here.

I played my games on the Mini Cute with a cut off on the bottom and top for about 8 month's before I found out about this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ever spend so long adjusting pots on a monitor that you forget what the picture looks like when it's correct? Happened to me the other day.

It's still not 100% correct - before it was too dim, so I tried to lighten it up - which washed out the colours. So I increased the contrast and the colour pots, now it's too bright and makes me nauseous!

Wish I'd found this step by step guide before putting the cab back in the corner.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness

Advertisement