Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I used that and a big mirror for both my cabs , My Aero gave a dull picture that turned into a nice vibrant one after that guide .

th_DSCF3617.jpg

th_DSCF3621.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ever spend so long adjusting pots on a monitor that you forget what the picture looks like when it's correct? Happened to me the other day.

It's still not 100% correct - before it was too dim, so I tried to lighten it up - which washed out the colours. So I increased the contrast and the colour pots, now it's too bright and makes me nauseous!

Wish I'd found this step by step guide before putting the cab back in the corner.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness

I've just spent an hour cleaning the inside of my cab and adjusting the pots. Mercifully I've got a board just under the control panel. The focus on the other hand requires the girlfriends assistance.

I'm going to clean the glass tomorrow but has anyone got a few tips on giving the bezel a spit shine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey another question, im looking at a 60in1 board online, it says it needs the monitor in vertical position. its currently not vertical in the cab im thinking of putting this in. can i unscrew the monitor and rotate the thing chassis and everything into the vertical postition~?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hey another question, im looking at a 60in1 board online, it says it needs the monitor in vertical position. its currently not vertical in the cab im thinking of putting this in. can i unscrew the monitor and rotate the thing chassis and everything into the vertical postition~?

Be very carefull with the 60-1 boards as there usually complete crap. They wont run the games at the correct speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Advertisement

I have a 60 in 1 and think they are alright for the money apart from some sound problems on a couple of games , speed is pretty good on most .

Frothmeister is selling them for 45 Pounds delivered on Jamma+ now .

It's Happy fish that are the terrible ones with speed problems on a lot of games , the 2012 transformers pink version is even worse .

A better buy is the new 2012 Arcadebox , now 740 in 1 instead of the usual 450 .
    There's a test topic on Jamma+ for multi boards .

LoGiE wrote: »
    Be very carefull with the 60-1 boards as there usually complete crap. They wont run the games at the correct speed.

This is the one i was looking at..

http://gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/60in1board.htm

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    It's Happy fish that are the terrible ones with speed problems on a lot of games , the 2012 transformers pink version is even worse . .

Oh yeah? Crap :( I read somewhere that the 302 version was improved. Also saw that it rotates all the vertical games so you can play them on a horizontal display with bars down each side.

So can i just take out the screen and rotate it so its vertical?

keithgeo wrote: »
    So can i just take out the screen and rotate it so its vertical?

If the cab allows for it yes but not every cab has a monitor that can be rotated , be careful with the neck-board .
    I always unplug the power cord and monitor amp connectors just to be sure .

The 60 in 1 from Jamma+ is the exact same one as sold by Gremlin only £24,- cheaper .

• Advertisement

Casey120 wrote: »
    If the cab allows for it yes but not every cab has a monitor that can be rotated , be careful with the neck-board .
    I always unplug the power cord and monitor amp connectors just to be sure .

The 60 in 1 from Jamma+ is the exact same one as sold by Gremlin only £24,- cheaper .

How will i know it can be rotated, is it just a matter of lifting it out and if the whole thing rotates and fits back in then i do?

Do you have a link to the 60in1 from jamma+ ?

Thanks

What cab is it ?
    A friend of mine has a woody general Jamma cab with a monitor on a square wooden board that can rotate .

Link to multi board sales and 60 in 1 :

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36775

You have to be a member on J+ or register and make 10 posts before you can see it .

its the cab i got off logie last week, its a generic wooden one.

Master of the Universe

Weird issue with my monitor which I've only really noticed after turning the brightness up a good bit - shadow bars on the horizontal.

If something bright moves up the horizontal (say bullets from a ship in a vertical shmup), you get a horizontal shadow line the whole way across the screen.

Anyone know what might cause this? Bad cap maybe? I think I'll try dimming the monitor down again to see if it makes much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

What's with the plug on the coin mech outer? Does that go to the JAMMA loom to control credit registration?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    What's with the plug on the coin mech outer? Does that go to the JAMMA loom to control credit registration?

Do you mean this kind of thing? http://www.arcadeshop.de/Microswitches-Coin-Switch_442.html

Yes it's for registering coins/credits. Haven't looked at my setup in ages but pretty sure it eventually leads back to the cab's jamma harness that connects to your PCB.

Yep, i think that is it. I shall check tonight and see where it terminates. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It also connects to the coin counter under the mech doesn't it?

Steve SI wrote: »
    It also connects to the coin counter under the mech doesn't it?

Good point. I'm going to check that tonight. I'm hoping I haven't got wiring to do...

I got a ¥100 coin mech today, i followed the AO wiki guide to adjust the mech (I have the same model), but the ¥100 coin still falls out of the coin return shoot rather than dropping in to the coin bucket.

Any ideas what's going on? I'm stumped, I've tried all the adjustments. :(

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I got a ¥100 coin mech today, i followed the AO wiki guide to adjust the mech (I have the same model), but the ¥100 coin still falls out of the coin return shoot rather than dropping in to the coin bucket.

Any ideas what's going on? I'm stumped, I've tried all the adjustments. :(

Any pics of the mech model?
    Is it this type
    arcade-coin-selector35-02eu.jpg
    http://www.arcadeshop.de/Coin-Mech-Coin-Mech-35-02-EUR_903.html

It's the AD-81P2, same as the AO Wiki photo. I also have an AD-81P which is for HK$ which I'm not using.

Master of the Universe

Do what I did with mine - redirect the coins with a match. :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do what I did with mine - redirect the coins with a match. :D

I recall you had issues with yours, didn't know it was the same issue haha! Got a pic of what you did? Is it the same mech as mine?

Thought id just post these here, im off work all week so had a chance to do some work on the two cabs i got recently. The Atari Nova one and the cab i got off logie. Heres a before and after of the one from Logie, thanks again!

dkbeforeafter.jpg

And the Atari Nova, which i changed the artwork to SF2 CE. I still need to patch up some paint here and there one this one and put on new tmolding. and the CRT still doesnt come on..

Beforeaftersf2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Nice job mate .Always loved the look of the SF.CE edition cab.

The VF2 one looks great as well. Nice clean job.
    What's it running?

Ive a 60in1 pcb in that at the minute. currently the monitor in the street fighter 2 one isnt working!

That looks great! Where did you order the artwork?

Got the files myself online and resized to fit the cabs. A friend of mine works for a Design company, they do signs i think. He printed them all off for me for nothing. They are all printed vinyl i think he said it was, with adhesive on the back. great quality too, i couldnt believe it. When i built the first cab, and was talking about how much the artwork cost on it, he couldnt believe it. he can get a certain amount printed himself in the job so was good enough to print them off for me.

• Advertisement

If anyone has any arcade artwork that's not available in vector format(as in its a bmp or jpg etc) but wants/needs it as a vector I'm doing a load of conversions this evening so just let me know and I'll see if I can do it for you.

Sometimes the conversions are only ok but sometimes they turn out really well.
    I don't use any auto conversion software or anything like that as it just ends up nasty. I do it mostly manually and using scripts and its pretty quick.

Advertisement