Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I had to do the same thing with my Cute right after I bought it , I did the Screwdriver/cable/Croc clip with rubber glove poking under the anode cap and it gave a little popping sound that scared the **** out of me .
    Removed the chassis and send it to Craig Walker from Giz10P who made it as good as new again !

The things you have to learn and do when you get your fist cab :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Was doing a bit of research on Egret 3 cpanels and came across this:

1012689fz1.jpg
    1012690ly0.jpg

I remember I was thinking of making a 2player 8 button panel when I was having difficulties sourcing a nice 2p 6 button panel for mine last year.

So glad I decided that all the extra buttons would probably look crap, looks like I was right.

Edit:
    1265721115A80YCI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It not only looks wrong, I'd say its difficult to use too

EnterNow wrote: »
    It not only looks wrong, I'd say its difficult to use too

Yeah, you just dont need more than 6 buttons for gameplay.
    I've 2 hidden mini buttons on the bottom of the cpanel (in the lock holes so no drilling or modding done to it) and I use them for the "Esc" key in windows for my Hyperspin pc and the other one as the "Home/Guide" button on my first hacked 360 pad. I don't need them of course but they are handy and out of sight and the shift key setup on the JPac handles the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Argh, that looks awful!

• Advertisement

That looks like a layout that someone who has gotten used to playing street fighter 4 on an 8 button layout would want. The original 6 are as standard, and the last 2 are macros that activate all 3 buttons on the top or bottom rows, to activate all 3 punches or all 3 kicks respectively.

I have them removed on my arcade fightstick because they're uncomfortable to use and awkward for my giant shovel hands.:p

Master of the Universe

Macros? That be cheatin'!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Macros? That be cheatin'!

Yeah, that's what i think too. If you want three kicks or punches, do it the old school way. Use the Claw!:D

Seriously though, the only reason i can think of that someone would want to do that with a japanese cab like that is to stick a SF4 kit in it, or wire it up to a PC running the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I finally added a 4th button to the jamma loom as some games I have use one, I have 2 sets of player 1/2 start buttons so I used the small white ones just above my normal size 3 buttons as button 4 .

Tried tonight on EspGaluda 2 and works like a charm !

DSCF5498.jpg

Master of the Universe

I love those Aero control panels, so sexy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve, where did you source your egret panel?
    Is it authentic parts or repro?

Steve, where did you source your egret panel?
    Is it authentic parts or repro?

After many many months I found a mint original 2L12B on Arcade Otaku.
    I originally had a 2L8B panel and had almost given up hope of finding the elusive 2L12B when it just almost fell in my lap from a seller over there.

Some info and pics over on Retrovia.ie :
    http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/8633-Installed-a-new-control-panel-on-my-Egret-3-candy-cab-might-be-useful-for-others.

I presume its authentic Steve?

Did you come across anywhere even selling repro panels? Any advice appreciated!

I presume its authentic Steve?

Did you come across anywhere even selling repro panels? Any advice appreciated!

Yeah it's the real deal.
    I think starcab did some repros but they never had any in stock.

Great find so Steve!

Yeah saw them on starcabs and neo-legend but as you say, out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Check out this yoke.

never seen one before..Egret 29"
    7951908324_a7c512e85e.jpg

Lob sided CP and foot rest at the side looks bloody weird.WTF
    The speaker placement is mad as well.
    But look at that marquee design...Absolutely quality stuff.

Master of the Universe

That's the predecessor to the Egret 2. Always thought it to be a very weird, ugly looking machine.

Never noticed the foot rest on the side though, what the hell is that about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ohhhh is it.Never saw it before

Yeah Mad..but when you look at it, Player two would be living the dream playing on it.
    Legs stretched out fully,Reclining in his chair sipping a cocktail while P1 hunches up to the controls like some sort of Spina Bifida victim.

Great find so Steve!

Yeah saw them on starcabs and neo-legend but as you say, out of stock!

Update: and neither seem to reply to emails. Well those written in the English language anyway.

Frogs. Snails. Garlic. Munchers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got my chassis fixed! Finally a working arcade cab, well i have the other one with lcd screen in it, but it doesnt count and the caps need to be replaced in the chassis on the other one there. new artwork, buttons and now screen is working!

sf2.jpg

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got my chassis fixed! Finally a working arcade cab, well i have the other one with lcd screen in it, but it doesnt count and the caps need to be replaced in the chassis on the other one there. new artwork, buttons and now screen is working!

sf2.jpg
    Very nice dude.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Very nice dude.

thanks, delighted its finally up and running. heres the "before" image.. ive new chrome tmolding to go on it too.

cabuntouched.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nice one Keith, unreal its up and running, its such a cool looking cab, love how base is smaller than main part of cab, ENJOY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Where did you send your chassis Keith?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Where did you send your chassis Keith?

Signed up over on Jamma+ forum, there is a lad on there who does them, gunblade his name is on the forum. he serviced it, replaced the caps and the lopt and fixed a hair line fracture in the board. top class service, was back and all within a week! it cost a bit more because i had to get the lopt changed but feck it, it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Signed up over on Jamma+ forum, there is a lad on there who does them, gunblade his name is on the forum. he serviced it, replaced the caps and the lopt and fixed a hair line fracture in the board. top class service, was back and all within a week! it cost a bit more because i had to get the lopt changed but feck it, it was worth it!

I have a nearly flat monitor in the donor New Net City cab which has some screen issues, I think its just the chassis that needs TLC so this might be an option for me.
    How much was the service in all if you don't mind me asking?

Edit:
    Just found that lads thread

yeh thats the guy, it was 55£ for the work\service\caps\fixing the crack in the board. and 45£ for a new flyback. then the postage. reasonable i think considering the work he did on it and it works perfect. a weeks turn around on it aswell so cant complain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

yeh thats the guy, it was 55£ for the work\service\caps\fixing the crack in the board. and 45£ for a new flyback. then the postage. reasonable i think considering the work he did on it and it works perfect. a weeks turn around on it aswell so cant complain at all.

Grand, mail sent to see if he can work on the chassis I have that I believe needs some TLC. Its a Nanao MS-2932-S chassis I believe...need to confirm that though.

Master of the Universe

Wow keithgeo, amazing to see that cab up and running as it should be. Congrats! :)

• Advertisement

Perhaps a neat little board to use in a hyperspin setup?
    It's just the board I'm talking about, the case in the link is just to show how it would look inside one. They will be sold as bare boards and full systems.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/14/intels-core-i3-nuc-mini-system-bares-it-all-for-idf-hands-on-v/

rghgb.jpg

MAME would be fine as would emulation up to N64 and PS1 level but some of the higher end stuff might need a proper graphics card.

Advertisement