Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking good o1s1n. Can see the robe much clearer now too. :P

What colours you go for with the Start buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I made sure to take your advice and stay robed :p

Not sure what to do about the start buttons now - just had a look at the flier and they're the original colours!

I wouldn't mind trying a couple of yellows and just seeing what they're like. Yellow always looks good for start buttons for some reason :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    on the Capcom boards the kick harness terminates in a little white plug that plugs into the very top of the board...

Looking at these on ebay and was just wondering, how do you ground the buttons the kick harness is connected to? do you just ground them to the rest of the normal jamma buttons?

Looks like there is a spot on the SF2CE board for a kick harness too..

1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Looking at these on ebay and was just wondering, how do you ground the buttons the kick harness is connected to? do you just ground them to the rest of the normal jamma buttons?

Looks like there is a spot on the SF2CE board for a kick harness too..

1.jpg

When I had them installed, I just ran the ground wire to the ground loop that the other buttons were using, quick & easy.

Yep that looks like the correct pin header anyway

Master of the Universe

I can see why you went to emulation with your cab, must have been annoying connecting up the kick harness every time you changed a PCB on your fighting games.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I can see why you went to emulation with your cab, must have been annoying connecting up the kick harness every time you changed a PCB on your fighting games.

I had both CPS1 & CPS2 harness installed, & had them ending beside the JAMMA connector so it wasn't too bad really. It was more a case of having to pull the cab out from the wall as they loaded from the back, bloody weight of those >6ft cabs.

Can you connect the CPS1 & CPS2 harness to the buttons at the same time? So you dont have to keep swapping them, and just plug the relevant one into the pcb?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Can you connect the CPS1 & CPS2 harness to the buttons at the same time? So you dont have to keep swapping them, and just plug the relevant one into the pcb?

Yeah thats what I done. You could either recrimp those wires into new button plugs or solder them onto the existing button plugs. T'was very handy

Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, I forgot I had to do that with my original woody too. It's a right pain!

In fact, to get around it, I just left the control panel unlatched. It was heavy enough to stay down like that. To change a game I flipped the control panel forward and that's pretty much where the JAMMA harness was located.

Whatever Japanese man thought it was a good idea to put a service door on the front of a candy was a genius :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah thats what I done. You could either recrimp those wires into new button plugs or solder them onto the existing button plugs. T'was very handy

Excellent, something new learned every day. Im still reading up on that monitor, apparantly they can have a few different issues, caps etc.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I forgot I had to do that with my original woody too. It's a right pain!

In fact, to get around it, I just left the control panel unlatched. It was heavy enough to stay down like that. To change a game I flipped the control panel forward and that's pretty much where the JAMMA harness was located.

Whatever Japanese man thought it was a good idea to put a service door on the front of a candy was a genius :D

Ah cool, in my cab the Jamma connector ends near the rear, & the shelf under the CP isn't big enough for a pcb so I'm kinda stuck. I can switch the cab back to JAMMA functionality within a few minutes if I so wish, but it's too big to be lugging out all the time.

The front loading Candy is a gift for that, typical Japanese design, elegant & functional at the same time

Master of the Universe

Remember there were a few vertical boards I was a bit worried might have a damage sound amp due to a bit of an issue with a supergun? Well I finally brought myself to test them tonight.

Bit of a double edged sword this one - if they worked that would obviously be a good thing, but they would torment me being displayed sideways with no way of playing them!

So good news, they both worked perfectly. (So I am assuming Raiden 2 will too then. It's a little more dug in storage wise and I was feeling lazy)

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Really miffed I can't play them at the moment, but sure what can you do. I'll get my hands on a vertical cab at some point.

Master of the Universe

Just saw this over in the crap cab thread on AO.

I have no words.

376264_4169225479320_690712541_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just saw this over in the crap cab thread on AO.

I have no words to describe how awesome it is!

Fixed. How cool is that - a cab, with a fridge! Genius.

Of course I mean it's utter sh1te.

/Edit: Actually on second glance what disturbs me most is the fridge door opening to the left?! What sort of strange backwards planet does that chap live on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Fixed as right, Fine for those who dont have a Clue unlike the rest of us.
    Space issues and that WIFE says no to a Cab. Awesome idea :)
    I wouldnt dare have it, but more power to lad who does have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Saw this yolk today on AO.
    I really want a cocktail now and thought the Aero table was quality but this has taken top spot now..Jaleco Table pony.Never knew they existed.Love the design.
    Manual rotate but still can't complain
    They come in 19" or 25".I'd imagine they are as rare as f44k.
    still..Mmmmm I want
    l1020810.jpg
    l1020811.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I didn't know Jaleco made table cabinets. That example is very nice, although I do love the styling of the Aero Table more if I had to choose between the two. Not sure I could live with a cocktail cabinet but they are very lovely pieces I agree. :)

BTW, is that Dangun Feveron art the real deal? That art goes for a ridiculous amount of money, it's biblically tough to find original art for it.

Yeah didn't know they made them either.
    i'm usually Sega all the way but the design on that cocktail is unique for a candy.
    I suppose all Jaleco Cabs are like that,but it really suits the cocktail.

haaa the Dangun Feveron artwork got your pulse racing Py.
    What a game I must say...only discovered it recentley.
    Now probably my fave Cave title to just pick up and play.
    Scoring system is quality

Dangun Feveron is a terrific game. A lot of folk I feel tend to overlook it. It's not my favourite Cave shooter (that's DDPDOJ, DDPDOJBL, DDPDOJBLEX in a 3-way tie) but it is a brilliant game all the same. I like the Donpachi/Batrider-style commentator the game features. Excellent stuff!

As for the cabinet, I'm a big fan of the Jaleco Pony, the styling on the table is similar, still stunned they made a table. Must be rare as blue steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Those are some sort of home made stickers.

Dangun Feveron art is pretty hard to find but not very expensive as far as I know .

Here's my set :

DSCF4925.jpg

Ps,
    meanwhile on offer on YHJ
    http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k149764934

Now that's rare , a freaking full kit with matching serials :eek:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That Jaleco table is cool, but I'm not too mad on the idea of having control panels on either side. Must be a right pain to find a spot for it in the house!

Does look fun though..!

(by the way, check this out, Windjammers on the Neo Geo has a cocktail mode - there's something you dont see used very often)

That table looks so tiny compared to an Aero , I want one :(

Ha Yeah
    Batrider voice for the win.
    Sounds like he speaks through one of those amp gadgets that throat cancer victims use

Casey120 wrote: »
    Now that's rare , a freaking full kit with matching serials :eek:

Owch! That's expensive! That said, the Batrider kit I'm hoping to snag isn't far off that price. I wish we could buy these things for a better price.

Imagine the Antiques Roadshow 10 or 15 years from now... :D

Master of the Universe

Just googled a few more pics and you can either have the control panel on one side as two player or have one player on each side.

cc57e0ea.jpg

I still rather the Aero though. Although it's probably just because of the colours to be honest. The white and blue looks amazing.

Still if you lashed a combo of white and black buttons in that and got rid of those god awful bat tops with sanwa white mesh ones it would look amazing.

Feveron has some fun "secrets" , to play with an uncontrollable fast Uo Poko that meows until your nerves break or a nice 3 minute caravan mode :

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Feveron/Secrets.htm

Heaven is here inside your soul !

Master of the Universe

Do I see another potential purchase on the horizon? ;)

Maybe Steve_SI will see one tucked away in the back of that candy cab warehouse...!

Ronnie has 2 nice Namco Consolette's on sale right now , I think he needs at least one for the grand opening !

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking that..Come on Steve
    For the love of god..PLEASE.I love you loooooong time
    Where are the speakers on those cabs anyway..underneath?

Advertisement