Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

6th for me. I guess that guarantees me one of the elite WRs or RBs so can't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Yeah to be honest I would rather first 3 or last 3. I just personally dont like the middle picks for some reason. Missed the draft for boards league last year so looking forward to my first 16 man team draft. I can see the last few rounds being a struggle trying to find a couple players that can contribute.

Same here 7th is awkward. But hopefully I'll manage to get one of the top WR or RB before going downhill from there. Is going to be a lot tougher this year with 16 instead of the massively stacked teams we all had in the 8 man last year :o

I thought I (Chancers) did ok in the draft last night but NFL.com seems to disagree, they're projecting I go 1-12 and finish last. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I think their estimations are just based off ADP and where you took players usually.

David Johnson and Cam Newton are top players.

After that I think Melvin Gordon will be great this year, he'll hopefully get a few more TD's than last year. Guessing he got about 3... blimey... just checked and he got none.... but he got a TD in the preseason so maybe that'll open up the flood gates?

Stafford I think will do well, Cooks looks promising.

Larry Fitz I think will see a lot less targets this year, can't see him coming close to what he produced last year.

Spencer Ware is okay for a few weeks (Unless Charles doesn't return), but they won't take that into account they will just compare his expected production over the full season.

McG wrote: »
    I thought I (Chancers) did ok in the draft last night but NFL.com seems to disagree, they're projecting I go 1-12 and finish last. :|

Heh I wouldn't be too worried about that they've me finishing 8-5 and finshing tied for 2nd. I don't think I did particularly well in the draft. It went alright. Think most people will do well if they avoid injuries. Johnson and Newton will get you big points every week as AirDemon says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I thought I done quite well this season but am down for 3-10 or something like that. Main team stacked with WR (Jackson, Jones, Watkins - Agholor, Kearse, Matthews) as was away from start of september last year and didn't realise it was a 3 WR league and had my pre draft set up for normal type. Done crap as think I got both Jordy Nelson & Kelvin Benjermin in early rounds and they were out for the season.

Missed the first couple of picks but my auto draft selections worked well.

First main night tonight lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Shivakamini Somakandarkram!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I'm willing to entertain offers for rbs or wrs for Kirk Cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well. Aren't I delighted I went Keenan Allen? >.<

Well. Aren't I delighted I went Keenan Allen? >.<

I have him in another league. I feel your pain.

• Advertisement

Stafford on the block for any QB needy teams out there. Happy to consider straight swap or Stafford + someone else for a starter.

Can't believe I've lost with a score of 97.76 :( Floyd was particularly poor. Off to my usual good start!

FFS.

Keenan Allen gone. (Obviously I hope he recovers well but I'm gonna be annoyed)

Todd Gurley with 4.20.

Chris Ivory out for who knows how long?

Zach Miller not worth a ****e (I knew I'd regret not getting one of my top 3 TE's)

Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd given up on my game nice surprise to see DeAngelo Williams carry me to the win

Well, I got my 1 win, I guess that's me done for the season :P

Every position, bar maybe D, had a great weekend for me. Up against Stafford Infection next, who owns J. Charles. Charles playing or not will have a huge bearing on this match considering I've got Ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Whats the playoff settings?

Just divisional winners?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Whats the playoff settings?

Just divisional winners?

6 Teams, divisional winners and top 2 runners-up.

On paper I thought my team was decent.... in reality.... week 1 sucked.

Devonta Freeman has put me in an awkward situation..... Way to go Devonta!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

paulie21 wrote: »
    I'd given up on my game nice surprise to see DeAngelo Williams carry me to the win

You beat me then! Williams was my downfall in both my leagues. Scored 94 points this league and 115 in my other one.

Strong start from division 4, I'm bottom but have more points than all but two of the teams in the other leagues.

Hopefully a tight season ahead!

Dappernauts. You are going down this week.

I hope.

Agent J wrote: »
    Dappernauts. You are going down this week.

I hope.

I don't think hope comes into it... my team is a MESS. :mad:

• Advertisement

QUESTIONABLE! My most hated word when it comes to the injury report. At least with doubtful you bench, probable you more than likely play. Damn you Buffalo and your Thursday night game with your woefully performing week one QB.

First trade of the season done (pending)

Stafford + Melvin Gordon go to Stafford Infection
    Jamaal Charles goes to Chancers

we're playing this week too so it'll be interesting to see if I've just given away a win this weekend for future potential benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

First trade of the season done (pending)

Stafford + Melvin Gordon go to Stafford Infection
    Jamaal Charles goes to Chancers

we're playing this week too so it'll be interesting to see if I've just given away a win this weekend for future potential benefits.

The trade won't go through till next week so ye are stuck with them for this week

paulie21 wrote: »
    The trade won't go through till next week so ye are stuck with them for this week

pretty sure it goes through Sunday morning.
    It would have suited me better if it didn't go through till next week as I don't think Charles will play on Sunday and the 2 I'm trading away could help beat me this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Eric Decker has to be one of the most consistent WR's in Fantasy Football. One of the few players that you don't have to really worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Eric Decker has to be one of the most consistent WR's in Fantasy Football. One of the few players that you don't have to really worry about.

You're up against me this week so!!!

Anyone who is interested in Wilson, Stafford or Cousins should offer me (Stafford Infection) good RBs or WRs.

Seems people don't like having a top QB....

Of course I decide this morning, lets drop Corey Coleman....

Seems people don't like having a top QB....

Of course I decide this morning, lets drop Corey Coleman....

looks like that decision isn't going to hurt you going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Put Blount in last night, must not have clicked confirm and now see him sitting on my bench with 22.50 points. This is a low point in my Fantasy-career!

Advertisement