Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Disappointing to see a few inactives on some teams rosters. All I can really do is email and PM guys to try and keep up. For the most part everyone is playing hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

setanta74 wrote: »
    Disappointing to see a few inactives on some teams rosters. All I can really do is email and PM guys to try and keep up. For the most part everyone is playing hard.

The worst thing is playing hard and losing 😛. Lost my first choice QB, RB and TE through injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, nothing that can be done other than report up so they're disqualified from next year.

Some people just have a bad start and throw in the towel, ruins it for everyone else. I'm basically screwed, no chance at playoffs, but it deforms the season if I stop playing my hardest, so **** that. Play till the whisltle blows.

Edit: actually, checking the rules, GM is allowed to take over abandoned teams and set lineups according to projected points, no dropping or picking up players. So there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Apologies set my lineup (Monstars) last Wednsday and never thought to check for inactives Sunday morning :o

An interesting matchup tonight looks to be Dublin G-men and Taylors hill tigers with just 1.66 points between them and one team has their kicker left to play and the other having their defence left to play

Earthquake Schunami looks like the only inactive team. Although some others are leaving inactives on their team I think they have to be given the benefit of the doubt at the moment as virtually everybody has had activity and logged in in the last week or so. Some weeks guys will just forget or be unlucky with injuries.

I might ask Spongey about taking over that team just to be 100% on the rules.

• Advertisement

Willing to trade andy dalton or big ben for a quality wide receiver. No low ball offers. 2 of thebest fantasy qb's on offer here ... ben was up there until the injury..am sure his numbers will jump again now he's back. I just lost keenan allen to IR.

Ok so I checked with the rulebook and got the ok to edit Earthquake Schunami's roster from here on out. Will be based on projections and there will be no trading or use of the waiver wire.

Ok so I checked with the rulebook and got the ok to edit Earthquake Schunami's roster from here on out. Will be based on projections and there will be no trading or use of the waiver wire.

I presume you are good to add players in the event that the team cannot fill a full roster (TE on a bye and no replacement on the bench or whatever?) Or will the hole be left?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I presume you are good to add players in the event that the team cannot fill a full roster (TE on a bye and no replacement on the bench or whatever?) Or will the hole be left?

If it happens the hole will be left. Can't add or waive any players according to the rules. Can only sub in players from the bench. For example this week he had 2 players on byes and I have subbed in replacements from his bench. Thats the extent of it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Logs in to check scores.

Sees my opponent has Antonio Brown.

Logs out until next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Paully D wrote: »
    Logs in to check scores.

Sees my opponent has Antonio Brown.

Logs out until next week.

This is not over by a long way!!!

Your team really took off in the second half. Every player has had a good game. I wish Aaron Rodgers would pass to someone other than Cobb/R.Rodgers.

Feeling sorry for myself this week. I have one of the top scoring teams in the league after Chimi Changas but looks like Im heading for a 4th loss as I am coming up against big scores each week. Kerry Kings and Roebuck probably feel the same way. The luck of the draw with the schedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

The Monstars must have thought they'd have a handy win over the mangerless Earthwake Suhnami but the GM sets the team for the first week ever and he loses by a point. Ouch!

The luck of the draw plays a huge role in how your season will pan out. Also the head to head nature of the league means only the highest scorer is guaranteed the win.

Just a quick message for the Toonraiders. Forte is out for tonight's game, so you should try and pick up a replacement. Its as tight one between us so it might make the difference.

EDIT : Mr genius here dropped the Giants D literally minutes before kickoff because I had such faith in my Buccanners. Picked up the Cowboys instead. 3 forced fumbles and a TD later, and I'm feeling very sorry for myself, as tonight's game will decide the matchup when I could be out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Looking like a bounce back win this week to stop the rot. Was very disappointed to lose last week with Beckham Jr's performance only to come up against Eli and Texans defence. It really is un predictable just trying to plug away to improve overall position. The lads in my division are having a great year!

Another week another player on IR. Unreal.

Looks like Suhnami might be back, he was active on the waiver wire this week.

Raphael wrote: »
    Looks like Suhnami might be back, he was active on the waiver wire this week.

Yeah I noticed that. Only about 9 weeks too late.

Willing to trade Antonio Gates and a stop start Big Ben. Looking for WR or RB.

Damn, didn't realise Lacy was IA until after the game started.

Though at least he can't lose me points this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Lads, last three weeks for earn a spot on the coveted playoffs and a chance to go up in Division 4 next year.

Best of luck to all!

Benched Winston for Romo, another mistake in a long line of mistakes.

Benched Winston for Romo, another mistake in a long line of mistakes.

Leaves me a point down on the Portlaoise Patriots with both of us hoping for a gunslinging evening from Tom Brady. I'm hoping he goes with LaFell and he'll hope for Amendola.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

haha just looking over it and its mad that both of us are waiting for pats players!!! hope amendola takes edelmans targets!

TBH after watching the Bucs pump the Eagles, I couldn't be happier . A win in Fantasy land would just be the cherry on top.

Leaves me a point down on the Portlaoise Patriots with both of us hoping for a gunslinging evening from Tom Brady. I'm hoping he goes with LaFell and he'll hope for Amendola.

The most interesting matchup of the week. Super close and the players left are taking the ball from the same QB... Division 5 is watching!!!

Playoff picture for 6 spots as things stand after week 11 :

A-Portlaoise Patriots 6-5
    B-Chimi Changas 10-1
    C-Fumble Rumble 9-2
    D-Tallaght Band 8-3

In the hunt assuming 7-6 might have a wild card shot :
    A-Taylors Hill Tigers 6-5, Kerry Kings 4-7 (division winners could be 6-7)
    B-Toonraiders 6-5, Dublin G-Men 5-6
    C-Peeping Tomlinsons 6-5, Wilfork for cash 5-6
    D-Decker Like Rice 6-5

although mathematically possible that a load of teams can finish 6-7 it is hard to see the 2 wild card spots not going to at least 7-6 teams. It may even need 8-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Two games to squeeze into the playoffs! Both divisional rivals and both tough match ups.

Unfortunate loss last week to Chimi Changas but 5 first teamers were on a bye week together and there was very little available on the waiver to cover.

Its looking very tight with a lot of teams in the running for those last few playoff spots.

Peeping T you becoming my nemesis! All the chips on Buck Allen for a solid night (and a stinker from your kicker...) :D

• Advertisement

aferru wrote: »
    Peeping T you becoming my nemesis! All the chips on Buck Allen for a solid night (and a stinker from your kicker...) :D

Looks like my season could come down to this game tonight. I cant see me holding out for the win as you have a starting RB who can catch the ball too although Schaub is the QB for Baltimore so there is a glimmer of hope :)

The 2 wildcards still may need 8-5 depending how this goes tonight.

Advertisement