Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Cool - In now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

paulie21 wrote: »

Is there a reason you can't choose multiple times? Surely that'd make way more sense, since I can probably do 90% of them. You're more likely to get a majority date that way.

Is there a reason you can't choose multiple times? Surely that'd make way more sense, since I can probably do 90% of them. You're more likely to get a majority date that way.

Set it to vote once in case someone kept voting for a time they preferred

No I meant you can only vote for one time slot. There's 12 I can make, only 3 I can't so surely it would make sense for me to be able to vote for all the 12 I can? Rather than only one which might kybosh it for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Better off using Doodle and make them put their Boards name or Team name in there and give them plenty of options and the simply the day and time with the majority wins. It really doesn't matter if someone changes their vote often as the majority will always win and just make sure to set a closing date for the poll as in close it with notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

I Voted there but I'm pretty flexible. The closer to the first kick off the better as I'll use top pick to get someone who gets injured straight away aka Jamal Charles and Marshaun Lynch being my two top picks last season :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I Voted there but I'm pretty flexible. The closer to the first kick off the better as I'll use top pick to get someone who gets injured straight away aka Jamal Charles and Marshaun Lynch being my two top picks last season :o

Jordy F**king Nelson.

I voted for Wednesday 7th at 7 but realistically I can do all of them except the Monday 5th as I'll be on a flight those times.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Voted, I'm good for the Wednesday or Thursday night

• Advertisement

Just had a look at the poll results, 14 have voted with 6 votes for Wednesday at 9pm the next popular has 2 votes so we can lock in Wednesday at 9pm as the draft time without the other 2 players voting

Just wondering when the draft position gets announced? I'm just wondering about doing a mock draft or 2 before we kick off and it'd be good to know draft position for that.

Just wondering when the draft position gets announced? I'm just wondering about doing a mock draft or 2 before we kick off and it'd be good to know draft position for that.

It's randomised so you only find out your position about 5 minutes before the actual draft takes place. Your best bet if you are doing mock drafts is to do them from a number of positions. Someone posted this link on the main board http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl it's pretty handy for mock drafts.

Cheers, I thought it was randomised alright but I wanted to check and see.

1010658-draft-day.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

1010658-draft-day.jpg

I've a physio appointment at 8.30 so may miss it :( gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

no bench, is that right? I was in div8 last year and there were fewer teams so not used to being in a league this big.

McG wrote: »
    no bench, is that right? I was in div8 last year and there were fewer teams so not used to being in a league this big.

I think we have 4 on bench?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There should be 5 bench slots, 14 players in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

ah, I see it now under league settings (5 bench spots). Was thrown off by clicking on my own team, it showed up the empty team positions but didn't have anything for bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I've edited my pre-draft rankings and player position preferences just in case I am unable to make all the draft.

Done our main one over in my mates last night, happy with my selection for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Won't make the draft today but I did set my rankings. Hopefully someone will be open to a trade when I inevitably don't have anyone from a certain position.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

At what stage do we find out what position we pick.

Deleted

Turkish1 wrote: »
    At what stage do we find out our draft position.

Half 8 I think

Turkish1 wrote: »
    At what stage do we find out what position we pick.

As far as I know it is once the Draft opens at 9. You get your order 5 minutes before your first pick if you are first. Half an hour would be nicer though.

Drafting third. Happy with that. Mooreman has first pick not sure he's around

As far as I know it is once the Draft opens at 9. You get your order 5 minutes before your first pick if you are first. Half an hour would be nicer though.

Just logged in there, I think it has been set. Unless I'm mistaken im 15 :( No Gurley for me.

Yay nevermind. This time I'm glad to be proven wrong. Got 7th which isn't too bad. 15 is rough in the first round but you get two picks nearly after each other

• Advertisement

Yay nevermind. This time I'm glad to be proven wrong. Got 7th which isn't too bad. 15 is rough in the first round but you get two picks nearly after each other

Yeah to be honest I would rather first 3 or last 3. I just personally dont like the middle picks for some reason. Missed the draft for boards league last year so looking forward to my first 16 man team draft. I can see the last few rounds being a struggle trying to find a couple players that can contribute.

Advertisement