Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I hate fantasy sports! :(

I lost to Earthwake Suhnami and he had 3 players either inactive or scoring no points! 3! Stupid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

setanta74 wrote: »
    Looks like my season could come down to this game tonight. I cant see me holding out for the win as you have a starting RB who can catch the ball too although Schaub is the QB for Baltimore so there is a glimmer of hope :)

The 2 wildcards still may need 8-5 depending how this goes tonight.

PEEPINGGGG TTTTT!!!!
    I've lost three matches this season and two were against you, one by 5ish points...and last night by less than 2!!!

Hope you'll make the playoffs so I'll get my revenge and crash you like a grape! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

aferru wrote: »
    PEEPINGGGG TTTTT!!!!
    I've lost three matches this season and two were against you, one by 5ish points...and last night by less than 2!!!

Hope you'll make the playoffs so I'll get my revenge and crash you like a grape! :mad:

chill dude.

You should be thankful you got a nice schedule and so many low scores against you :D..(average 69pts per week)....unlike me who has had to overcome an average of 92pts per week.

Doing it the hard way chief :)

setanta74 wrote: »
    chill dude.

You should be thankful you got a nice schedule and so many low scores against you :D..(average 69pts per week)....unlike me who has had to overcome an average of 92pts per week.

Doing it the hard way chief :)

In fairness I was just resting my team, not overdoing if unnecessary... :D

So the playoffs have been determined..it was a close run thing. Decker like Rice unlucky to loose out due to losing a head to head with Taylors Hill Tigers earlier in the season.

Division Winners (seeds)
    A - Portlaoise Patriots (4) 8-5
    B - Chimi Changas (1) 11-2
    C - Fumble Rumble (2) 10-3
    D - Tallaght Band (3) 9-4

Wild Cards
    1. Peeping Tomlinsons (5) 8-5
    2. Taylors Hill Tigers (6) 7-6

Well done all and good luck to everyone and those in the consolation playoffs as well.

Any thoughts on the format with the divisions and divisional games etc?...thought it worked well overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks for a great season lads, it was very enjoyable despite my 1st and 2nd round picks (Anderson and Cobb) bombing and because of that I think I did well to just miss out on the playoffs all things considered.

Catch you all next year and best of luck to those in the playoffs.

Lads best of luck for the playoffers. Feet up for me this weekend, gonna watch McGregor fight and see you next year in Division 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Pretty disappointing year for me, tbh. Getting stuck with the toughest schedule in the league hurt, as did my top two picks (Lacy & Sanders) being let downs. But hey, that's the game.

I'm pretty happy with myself from clawing from 0-5 back up to 5-8, guess I'll just have to take that. Plus I got to play spoiler on a Division rival in week 12, which kept the stakes up for me (Sorry Paully)

Good luck in the playoffs guys!

Hey Peeping T, squaring off again...but not in the game we envisaged one week ago unfortunately... Hoping for a win to break the curse, and at least we have the sweet taste to going in Div4 next year!

To all in the league thanks for another very competitive season, most of the lads on the ball all the time, making harder picking good players from the waivers etc. Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Well done to the Taylors Hill Tigers, it was a close fought final. Congrats.
    I had a very poor season myself but enjoyed it anyway. Looking forward to next season already, see ye in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

thanks lads - great year of hardship haha - finished 5th in the end! Tough year with so many injuries and performance issues - glad i had ap and marshall this year! Roll on August!

Congratulations
    to the 2015 League Champion

Taylor's Hill Tigers

1st Place
    Taylor's Hill Tigers

Reg. Season: 7-6-0, 1,135.62 Points For
    2nd Place
    Chimi Changas

Reg. Season: 11-2-0, 1,207.58 Points For
    3rd Place
    Fumble Rumble

Reg. Season: 10-3-0, 1,151.62 Points For
    4th Place
    The Peeping Tomlinsons
    5th Place
    Portlaoise Patriots
    6th Place
    Tallaght band
    7th Place
    Roebuck Racial Epithets
    8th Place
    Dublin G-Men
    9th Place
    Decker Like Rice
    10th Place
    Converse Nostars
    11th Place
    The Monstars
    12th Place
    Toonraiders
    13th Place
    Wilfork for cash
    14th Place
    Kerry Kings
    15th Place
    50 shadys of green
    16th Place
    EarthWake Suhnami

Usernames :

1 cormac999 Taylors Hill Tigers
    2 Davey Devil Chimi Changas
    3 DBIreland Wilfork for Cash
    4 Raphael Roebuck Racial Epithets
    5 Paully D Decker Like Rice
    6 setanta74 The Peeping Tomlinsons
    7 jonnybadd Toonraiders
    8 DDC1990 Kerry Kings
    9 nasty_crash Portlaoise Patriots
    10 Smcglan Converse Nostars
    11 aferru Fumble Mumble
    12 Joemcn95 The Monstars
    13 Mcrannp Tallaght Band
    14 jme2010 Dublin Dragons
    15 Double G Brew Dublin G-Men
    16 nerd69 50 Shadys of Green

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Reminder, post in the below thread if you want to play Fantasy Football this year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Is this still going to be the Division 5 thread or will it be renamed as Division 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Do we have to email the GM of the league before we start?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well folks, I'm the GM this year, I've PMed everyone in the league and sent them all their invitation to join. Anyone who hasn't got back to me check your PM. Cheers, Paulie

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

paulie21 wrote: »
    Well folks, I'm the GM this year, I've PMed everyone in the league and sent them all their invitation to join. Anyone who hasn't got back to me check your PM. Cheers, Paulie

Joined up but have changed team name to Gurleys Gone Wild. Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah getting excited now! Best of luck all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Hello all, good to see some familiar names from last years Division 7 around!

Paulie, I'm now in Division 4, but my team automatically activated in Division 5. Would you be able to kick me out because I can't for the life of me find the leave league button.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Paulie, I'm now in Division 4, but my team automatically activated in Division 5. Would you be able to kick me out because I can't for the life of me find the leave league button.

Thanks.

I've been trying to get rid of you but it won't let me because the league doesn't have enough teams yet. Highly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Any ideas about when the draft will be? Trying to avoid it clashing with others.

AirDemon wrote: »
    Any ideas about when the draft will be? Trying to avoid it clashing with others.

I generally like doing it the Wednesday night before the season but they'll be a poll and whatever the majority says we have to go with

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I generally like doing it the Wednesday night before the season but they'll be a poll and whatever the majority says we have to go with

Sounds good to me. Cheers.

Still waiting for one player to get back to me. Not sure how long I should give them. Might shoot them another PM

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

If it was me you were waiting on, apologies. I was away. Pm sent now.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    If it was me you were waiting on, apologies. I was away. Pm sent now.

No bother at all, I've sent you your invite there

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

No bother at all, I've sent you your invite there

I got your invite to the league - but its telling me its full when I accept.

Try now. I'm in Division 4 but my team automatically re-entered in Division 5.

I couldn't delete before, but now a Delete team button appeared on the league home page, so I managed to do that.

• Advertisement

Yeah the space is available there after DDC deleted his team

Advertisement