Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

2016 Final Standings

1st: Rugby4ever
    2nd: Gronk When Your Winning
    3rd: South Park Cows
    4th: Moorefield Rangers
    5th: Chancers
    6th: 9 11 Was An Inside Schaub
    7th: The Maine Men
    8th: Zamunda Zebras
    9th: Irish Colts
    10th: KILL Initiative
    11th: Stafford Infection
    12th: Gurleys Gone Wild
    13th: El Capitan
    14th: Schmidts Bays
    15th: The Dappernauts
    16th: Lithe Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jesus I didn't realise I did quite as bad as that last year...

F*ck Todd Gurley and all he stands for. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Jesus I didn't realise I did quite as bad as that last year...

F*ck Todd Gurley and all he stands for. :P

Could of done worse like me! I seem to have fantasy amnesia. I remember being unlucky in a few matches but finishing bottom of a 16 man league is a woeful showing which no excuse can justify. This year can only get better...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Based on the other thread, it looks like I'm now in Division 5 this season. Are we just using this thread?

fatgav wrote: »
    Based on the other thread, it looks like I'm now in Division 5 this season. Are we just using this thread?

Yeah think it's the norm to just revive the thread when the new season starts. Welcome to division 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Looks like I'm in division 5 this year a well. Any idea when the draft will take place? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The GM will setup a poll to decide the draft date and time. We usually aim for the week between the end of preseason week and the kickoff of week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hi lads, I was away at the weekend so am slightly behind some of the other leagues. If you are new to Div 5 could you send me a PM with your email address please so I could add you to the League. I'll send chasers in a couple of days if I don't hear back.

Invites sent, just waiting on three people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cheers, can't wait for the season to kickoff... This is my only hope for glory this year, don't think the Jets will do me any favours!

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Cheers, can't wait for the season to kickoff... This is my only hope for glory this year, don't think the Jets will do me any favours!

Ryan Fitzpatrick had great fun losing a few games for me last season! Least he's not your problem this season ;)

Ok we've 14 sign ups and I've chased the other two. Can we start thinking about timeslots for the draft?

Assuming we want to go for the week before the season and assuming that an evening will be the way to go let me put forward the below suggestions. Can you let me know if you have a strong preference for one and also if there are ones that you CANNOT do.

Thursday 31st August Evening
    Friday 1st September Evening
    Saturday 2nd September AM
    Sunday 3rd September AM
    Sunday 3rd September Evening
    Monday 4th September Evening
    Tuesday 5th September Evening
    Wednesday 6th September Evening
    Thursday 7th September Evening (that's the day the season starts)

I can't do Friday 1st but should be good for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

The Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday would probably suit me best. I wouldn't be able to do the weekend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Ok we've 14 sign ups and I've chased the other two. Can we start thinking about timeslots for the draft?

Assuming we want to go for the week before the draft and assuming that an evening will be the way to go let me put forward the below suggestions. Can you let me know if you have a strong preference for one and also if there are ones that you CANNOT do.

Thursday 31st August Evening
    Friday 1st September Evening
    Saturday 2nd September AM
    Sunday 3rd September AM
    Sunday 3rd September Evening
    Monday 4th September Evening
    Tuesday 5th September Evening
    Wednesday 6th September Evening
    Thursday 7th September Evening (that's the day the season starts)

I can't do Friday 1st but should be good for the others.

I'd be strongly for Monday 4th or any of the the weekends slots.

I'm over in the States so I'd struggle to do the other weekdays as it would be in the middle of the day here (Monday 4th is a bank holiday)

Might be easier to set up a doodle poll just to keep track? Also what do you mean by evening or am? Those are pretty wide windows, like.

I cannot do Monday 4th but depending on times the others should be ok.

I should be fairly flexible, I would be in favour of having it as early as possible though, the closer to Day 1 the drafts are the more nfl.com seems to struggle. Would prefer not the Monday or Tuesday if it can be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Monday or Wednesday work for me.

Might be easier to set up a doodle poll just to keep track? Also what do you mean by evening or am? Those are pretty wide windows, like.

I cannot do Monday 4th but depending on times the others should be ok.

I think first step is to see which 'wide windows' might be workable then we can get a poll setup to finalise.

Is everyone other than Foxtrol in this timezone?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think first step is to see which 'wide windows' might be workable then we can get a poll setup to finalise.

Is everyone other than Foxtrol in this timezone?

Cool beans.

Yep, I'm in Dublin.

Cool beans.

Yep, I'm in Dublin.

Same here

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, if anyone ISN'T in the timezone they can just shout out.

If we go for an evening what sort of time works best or is that going to be dependent on which evening we go for? If we settle on a start time (8pm?) then that should make the rest a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm at EP Friday 1st - Monday 4th, so it'll have to be after that for me. Unless we get this done in the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Thursday, Tuesday or Wednesday for me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

I can do any evening anytime after 7pm would suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Most evenings after 8 are fine for me. Monday's are best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

email sent.
    i should be good any night but pref 9pm. need kids in bed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Later the better works for me.

Monday 4th September Evening or Tuesday 5th September Evening or Wednesday 6th September Evening would suit me best. Away on holidays until the 2nd with limited access to the internet, would rather not be attempting to draft on my phone!

Ok thanks for the feedback lads. I'll set up a poll later today to finalise the date and time.

• Advertisement

Never set up a Doodle poll before so hope I've done this right. Please vote when you can attend and we'll go with the most popular.

https://doodle.com/poll/gug6w3c49swczev8

Advertisement