Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2016

Options
  • 07-07-2016 8:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That time of the year, time to get rolling on this season of fantasy football.
    1. Each League will have it's own specific thread that will be started by a Moderator at the start of July each year.

2. As well as this there will be a 'Sign Up' thread opened at the same time each year so that those who didn't participate the previous season have a chance to play in the coming season. All new players MUST register their interest no later than July 31st each year in order to be considered for a position in a league this year.

3. Each Gameweek will also have it's own thread that will be used for all divisions. This will be for general queries such as: “Who should I start this week; Garcon @ Oakland or Rice @ Cleveland?

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

5. All League General Managers will have to be re-elected by those in their league for the next year.

6. ALL Boards League drafts MUST be held between the end of the final pre-season game and the Thursday night season opener.

7. ALL Boards Leagues MUST play by the same set of League settings to avoid any confusion. League settings will be attached in a seperate post as well as in the opening post of each individual league thread.

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com'sojected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

10. Anyone who sets out to deliberately mess up a league by signing up and dropping all their players after drafting or offering very obviously one sided trades to make another team too strong will be banned from both the Fantasy Football Forum and the American Football forum as a whole permanently.

Anybody interested in playing this year just confirm by posting in this thread (Give your team name and division if possible). We usually set a deadline of July 31st for all existing players to confirm so that they keep their place in the boards ladder. Can i also get all of last years GMs to reactivate their league and post up an image of the final positions of their division so we can know who goes where this season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm in for sure.

Division 7- The Dappernauts. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Back In - Wont Come last, Div 3

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I'm in.

Division 7 - Backfield Fumblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Back in.

Division 6 Winner - Longford Crusaders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Donottar Dare Devils are back for a crack.
    League Name: Boards Division One

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Division 1 standings:

Div1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Count me in as The Arsenal Jets.
    Should be in the Prem this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Count me in, The Blu York Giants in Division 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Count me in - Walnut Wanderers, just promoted to Division 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

In... Aille Cows... think i was div 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm back again. Super Troopers FC, was Division 4 last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm in, haven't played in a previous boards season before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

adrian522 wrote:
    If you want to play in the Boards Fantasy football this year, can you post in

In again. Kerry Kings - Division 5 Definitely didn't get promoted. Can't remember if I got relegated. Didn't make playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm in again this year. Corkeagles and as Adrian522 showed so nicely I didn't do well last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

TDM. Division 4 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

In again, The Monstars - Division 5 if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

JCTO asked me to confirm for him, he's back in this year.

Edit: Team name is Slinger Owls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Pillow Fighters - in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm in again this year. Foxboro Legends in the Premier Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm in again, ShowMeYourTDs in Division 6. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

I'm in again, Heisenberg Men (Div 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

The Nastys are back - Div 1

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Lambmuncher4

Division 2

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Back again. Div 4.

You taking over from Spongey Adrian?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Back again. Div 4.

You taking over from Spongey Adrian?

Seems so, He's not organising it this year so I said I'd start the thread.

Could the GM's from last year post up the final standings and reactivate their leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

In again.
    Douglas Lions. Promoted to the premier division.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Fumble Rumble reporting for duty!
    I was in Div. 5, going up in Div.4. Found this on the last year thread, if is any help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The Adrian Beatersons
    Division 1

Back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

BKWDR - Dingle Dogs

Was in Div4 last season, don't know where that puts me this year. Hopefully with the same crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Back in again this year Mayo 51ers, this is the final standings from division 6 last year

Advertisement